996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Someone please talk me out of leaving 6speed for good.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 06:12 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Someone please talk me out of leaving 6speed for good.

I am truly hurt at the responses to my for sale thread. I really thought I had friends here and that most people know that I am a stand up guy. Some of the comments really have dug deep at my heart. Maybe it is just time to move on, lots of good people have left 6speed but I have stuck it out.

Maybe I should just leave. The Lambo guys seem pretty nice, I don't know apparently you guys aren't the friends I thought you were?

I would never screw anyone regarding the sale of my car. I didn't even think about disclosing the 3rd gear issue and if someone buys my car I would be happy to replace the whole transmission. Frankly I hope it doesn't sell, but the damage you guys have done to me is done.

See ya!

Old 12-29-2007, 06:22 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I was gonna post this in your FS thread, but as I had it typed out I clicked cancel becuase I didn't want to infect it with more posts that had nothing to do with the sale.

First of all, that info really should have been mentioned in the original post, however you DID say it would be fixed prior to delivery to a new owner, before all the haters started stirring up ****. I don't really see how driving a 3rd gear popout car that works reflect on how you treat the car overall, and it certainly doesn't mean you abused it if you were going to replace the tranny anyway. It seems your FS post got caught up in the Rennlist vs. 6speed sandbox, that I am wayy too much of a noob to know what that is all about ...

Personally, you and many other high-HP TTs is the reason I signed up here in the first place, and a major reason why I spend countless hours here every week, and I'd hate to see you leave.

Don't take it so hard. It's the internet.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:53 AM
4G64T is on a distinguished road
Buddy, You will always get comments from people that you will not always like. These people do not know you personally. I do not know you personally but have read alot of you post and feel that you are an upright and trustworthy guy. I would buy your car if I hadn't just bought me X50.You already started a post about the 3rd gear. You will always come across ignorant people - that is not a reason to listen to the opinion of a few when the majority has respect for you and what you have done. Hold you head up high and stay with 6speedonline. Daniel

Old 12-29-2007, 07:02 AM
997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buddyg
I am truly hurt at the responses to my for sale thread. I really thought I had friends here and that most people know that I am a stand up guy. Some of the comments really have dug deep at my heart. Maybe it is just time to move on, lots of good people have left 6speed but I have stuck it out.

Maybe I should just leave. The Lambo guys seem pretty nice, I don't know apparently you guys aren't the friends I thought you were?

I would never screw anyone regarding the sale of my car. I didn't even think about disclosing the 3rd gear issue and if someone buys my car I would be happy to replace the whole transmission. Frankly I hope it doesn't sell, but the damage you guys have done to me is done.

See ya!

this place is weaksauce compared to other places I'm a member of. These guys don't even bother talking about your wife and child, or about some personal problem you disclosed a year ago. You'll get over it, you're a man

Old 12-29-2007, 07:07 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Welcome to the world of selling modified used cars. In the Datsun Zcar world I'm a pretty popular guy, because I've owned them for 20+ years and had over 22 cars, written magazine articles about them, DIYs that are all over the web, and host many Zcar club activities...

In 1998 I sold a highly modified Nissan motor to a guy in St. Louis,Mo. 6 months later the guy contacts me stating the motor was not as represented... It took me 3 months and a lot of slander across the web on his part to finally wash my hands of "trying to help him" in his dilema of putting a highly modified 240Z motor into a late model 280ZX car. What it boiled down to is the guys wasn't to handy with a wrench, didn't know what he bought, and didn't realize he was going to have to modify and extend his wiring harness to reach some of the custom sensors for the standalone FI system that the car had used with this powerplant...

In 2005 I sold my modified Vette to a buddy of mine. Cam sensor was leaking a slight drip onto the headers, that wouldn't spot the floor, but you'd smell oil at a stop light. I'd just replaced the front seal at the balancer just two days before I sold the car to him and didn't catch the cam sensor, which sits under the intake at the firewall. It is literally a 45 minute job to pull the intake and tighten it down, and the guy I sold the car to is a GM MAN and knows how to work on them... but his comment to me rang true... he wanted to buy the car and drive it... Now he had to "work on it"... Left a bitter taste and I felt bad about it. **** happens.

Buddy, What I learned in that nightmare of a sale was that the least thing you forget to mention, out of honest forgetfulness, or otherwise, will be exploited by those who have nothing better to do than stir the pot.

Not unlike some of us, You've outlined your many activities online, along with your mods. In doing so, you've not only shown us all what these cars are capable of, but you've also documented it's life and how it's been driven. Me personally, I have no issues buying a used modified car, and did just that when I bought the car in my avitar. Others want a waxer, or a bone stocker with average mileage. Mods scare the hell out of them. Which is fine, so long as you know what you're into and what you want.

The only mistake I see in all this is that you didn't post in the initial post that the car had the issues it had. I'd pull the add, start all over and rethink it. And honestly, I'd source a new tranny and just put it in and be done. Way to much has been made of that 3rd gear issue now, so dude just fix the damned thing and be done with it.

Man up, suck it up and let's move on to the next project.

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 12-29-2007 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:15 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Buddy don't leave this place: It isnt personal

Buddy,

I don't personally know you. I am absolutely positive that you have
full intentions of fixing the car prior to handover to the new owner and what
exactly needs to be done will only be known when it is opened up (I believe I have
listed on the second gear pop-out thread all the parts mine tranny gobble up).
You were a bit arrogant about your price because you have a great overall set-up
with a built motor (vs my stock internals as an example), this has HUGE value to the
right person at the right time of year (SPRING!), when everyone gets the fever.

I have left the keyboard here on 6speed mad many a time, but have come back because
the overall experiences and friendships are worth it. Don't get down and don't think
that everyone is an ******* because they pointed out some things that should be thought about or considered. I also have longed for another fast exotic car but I am
currently in no position to consider it. Good luck with the sale and don't worry
about some of the smart *** comments (myself included), they are not personal.

Cheers,

Marty K.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:30 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Buddy - your *** ain't going no where!

Buddy I should have never looked at your for sale post because I have my blackberry pick up all my emails from all accounts and it's wearing my battery down receiving all those emails every two mins

All kidding aside and I don't know you that well but from speaking to you when we met up in ATL and just from the posts I have read that you are pretty stand up guy. ( MAN HUG) LOL

The problem is that some people have more time than sense and the for sale section is a place where those people seem to shine. I do not sale much on the forums even when I know the people and I know my car is 100% because there will ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS people who will just Thread Jack, Bash and Hash just to start trouble.

If you have been around the boards for as long as you have then you should be aware of this crap that takes place. Name me a place that moderators on a forum usually have to shut down or lock up? THE FOR SALE SECTION!

Also the "Other Car" Vs Porsche thing but that is another story.

I hope that you will stay. There is a porsche mechanic in my area that has found a solution to the gear pop outs that has plagued some of the 996 trannies. Not sure what he does since I own a 997TT and I am sure you have a great mechanic in your area but just wanted to mention it.

I would resolve the issue and have it certified/tested by another member or independent that can vouch for you because people have a tendency to mistrust the information even when you fix it.

I wish you all the best on this car and your future cars.

Put on the thick skin that I know you have worn before and forget the senseless drivel that has been posted. Open up a new thread, resolve the issue with the tranny and wait til spring as Woodster has said to sell it.

There was a highly modified BMW M3 for sale a while back that took a lot of flack and he eventually sold it a board member here. He took a LOT of crap over it because he was trying to be honest about it. Some people just want to exploit that honesty just to get their daily fill of making others unhappy because they are miserable.

I give some people crap when they give it to me when I am trying to advise them of what the market will bear.

CHIN UP! HEAD DOWN and PLOW THROUGH!

Don't leave because of a bad thread leave for reasons like "I live on this board and I forgot to feed my kids today" or something along those lines.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Khanh

Last edited by ALPINE_997; 12-29-2007 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:06 AM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Shake it off Mr.

Buddy,

Like some of the others statded here ^^^ "I dont know you" and would hate to see you go. You have had me LMAO at times, cheering for you during your kill posts/videos and educating me on the 996tt's.

Shake it off dude, the 6 does not want to lose an upstanding respected contributor.

In fact I have not read about your car in the FS section for good reason. Once you posted about your new SV and mentioned that you would be selling your car I thought "haters will have fun with this one".

All the negative bashing/tearing one down read is not for me.

Have fun and be safe with the new Lambo.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:14 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Dont sweat it bud

Old 12-29-2007, 09:19 AM
calcareer is on a distinguished road
Buddy,

I don't know you personally, but through this board and your writings, I feel that I have a pretty good idea of your character. I doubt that you would ever deliberately mislead anyone on this board regarding a sale of your car.
The internet is a very unforgiving place, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. I love your writing style and you absence from this board would leave a huge void similar to when Ben Keaton involuntarily left.
If you are ever in OC, look me up and dinner is on me where I can continue my efforts to convince you to stay.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:21 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Buddy G,I hope you do stay in 6speed as you've contributed quiet alot over the years and we are all not only an online communty but a family.

I am deeply sorry to hear about the comments on your forsale thread and I hope you do continue to post here.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 12-29-2007 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:22 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Buddy , you cant let that **** bother you , yes people on here ( ALOT OF PEOPLE) are absolute tools ! always trying to start **** , drama, or have a cockfight , these peopel have no life out side the forums and need the attention ! they are quick to jump on some one for something , they do it alot people and they did it to you, now you can leave (which ive thought many of times of doing ) or can just stay cuase there is actually some really good bros on here also , that always willing to help and go that extra mile for you wich makes it all worth it ..

now your a grown man i cant tell you what to do but im sure you will figure it out bro.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:30 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Buddy, I know how it felt. When I was selling my M3 I had people I didn't even know putting their false and ignorant 2 cents into my fs thread, to say the least I was extremely angered and frustrated.

Buddy, its a bit different for you since you have developed such a friendship and personality on this forum, the comments from noob and even well respected members were a bit harsh indeed and I truly believe you are a man of your word in the sense that it was just an honest misake leaving out the 3rd gear issue. Don't take it to heart, these are very blunt/literal guy's on here, and most of the time a little too much, but they were just being honest and that's a rare quality on a forum especially when most of the time evryone sucks up to a longterm member x100. I am justpointing out the good from the bad, they aren't necessarily wrong or bad for doing it, but rude yes!

Don't go man, there were many times I felt the same way, I thought he quality of 6speed went down a lot, but i just couldn't leave. You bought a lambo and congrats, but just remmber you are a big part of the Porsche community and you can't change it or turn your back, keep the car and just laugh it off while enjoying the thrills of two totally different yet amazing machines.

Martin

Last edited by iLLM3; 12-29-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
You're one of the most respected guys on this board man. Don't go over some bull**** comments. I honestly haven't even clicked on your FS post...

Old 12-29-2007, 09:36 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Martin,

I remember that SC M3 - I posted some very negative comments on it. NOT.

Buddy if you thought this board was bad - head over the E46Fanatics.

So you staying or not? We need answers and we need them now!

There are just some people with too much time on their hands and nothing better to do..

I present this as proof...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Someone please talk me out of leaving 6speed for good.