996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A VERY custom 996 GT2 "RSR"...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:14 PM
996TTSCAB is on a distinguished road
I cannot wait to hear and see more. What a monster!

Old 02-09-2008, 07:53 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1badgt2
T Kerr

Pls send me your email address again. I am sorry for not sending you the pics the first time!
tkerrmd@aol.com

thank you!!!

tom

Old 02-09-2008, 09:20 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
As I already said, this is going to be a real record breaker!!!!! Cant wait!

Old 02-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Former Vendor
LARennsport will become famous soon enough
Hey....is that a blue 914-6 up on the shelf?

BTW...your car if fuuuuuking crazy!

Old 02-09-2008, 10:47 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Wow, Wow, Wow,

I am for once....speechless

Old 02-10-2008, 12:32 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Have to agree with Jean, that kind of power is going to be unusable on track, I do love the project and sure the car will be fantastic.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:35 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Have to agree with Jean, that kind of power is going to be unusable on track, I do love the project and sure the car will be fantastic.
eh, if there is rubber, thee may lay down the power...and there is rubber there...OH, there is rubber!

I think it will definitely take some tuning to get fully exploitable...but it WILL happen I am SURE!

Old 02-10-2008, 12:45 PM
1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Jean for the input. The most difficult part of this projects is marrying street characteristics with full race components. The car will be about an inch lower than stock GT2 suspension as necessary to mainatain streetable characteristics. There is a different wing condition available, but it puts the wing too far back to make it streetable. Probably will build a separate decklid with a different wing condition that I can swap for track events. Real sequential gear box is insanely noisy for street, although would certainly marry to the power better. Transmission has been rebuilt with new gears, steel synchros, guard GT differential and larger axle bearings and covers. Axles are custom built from 300M to help with increased torque.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:48 PM
1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh...I forgot to mention the fully adjustable MoTec traction control and new RSR ABS brake system we installed. Properly set-up, these two things will help immensely when bringing this beast out of a turn. All I will need is a decent straightaway to remove myself from the crowds.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
That is once sweet project thanks for sharing!

Who makes the body kit? Is it custom? I think it's the coolest widebody kit I have seen, because it maintains a mostly stock look.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:53 PM
The shifter is from Cartronic in Germany. Took six months to get the unit and it was like pulling teeth, but they are great guys when you finally get to them.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Call Cary Eisenlohr of ERP Racing Products at 562-595-5575. Its about 24K for everything in carbon kevlar. Loren Beggs at 911 Design can help as well. But he will want to build the car for you. He has been an outstanding help in putting this car together. You cannot beat his technical knowledge if you want to really get into to the design and tuning of the suspension, engine, etc. He is at 909-627-1276.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:01 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
INCREDIBLE build! Please keep us updated with info and pics...really really cool build! Bring it up to Road America and stretch its legs, I want to see this thing in action

Old 02-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the invite. I cannot imagine anything more enjoyable than running this cart at Road America.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Jean

I also forgot to mention that we are building a custom carbon kevlar pan and rear air diffuser for this car for the very reasons you mentioned. When you see the final result, the rear diffuser will look very similar to the Ferrari F430 without the center blockout for the Ferrari transmission. However, it will be more radical than the Ferrari in its overall depth. The exhaust will look identical to the 997 RSR except each tip will be left and right of the required license plate. The diffuser will actually come up into the rear bumper about 3 inches.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: A VERY custom 996 GT2 "RSR"...