996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A VERY custom 996 GT2 "RSR"...

Old 02-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Brett B is on a distinguished road
Very cool project, can't wait to see it finished.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:43 PM
UAE996TT is infamous around these parts
cool project .. especially motec and the sequential shifter .. cant wait to see it running .. how much that shifter cost if you dont mind ..

Old 02-10-2008, 02:03 PM
1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute
It is around 5500 US dollars plus shipping. We have yet to test it so I would wait until I use the unit before you purchase. This is a new unit just issued by Cartronic. It is their third or fourth generation design.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:16 PM
UAE996TT is infamous around these parts
thank you for sharing the information ..keep us updated .. i wish u a good luck with that monster

Old 02-10-2008, 02:50 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
That is awesome, when it's finished you must post your upcoming track schedule for 1 year in advance so we can know where it will be and come see it.

I do agree 840 rwhp is going to be sickness to try and control. I really hope you have some serious driving skills. And those Sport Cups are NOT going to cut it.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:28 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Wow, absolutely stunning...

Awesome work...

Old 02-10-2008, 05:21 PM
GTS-R is on a distinguished road
Outstanding build! That is one of the most impressive cars I've seen. Good luck with its completion.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:55 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
additional photo shotz? love to see the progress. sort of Porsche-**** given the level that this car will be at when complete..... naked ambition, to be certain....

Old 02-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 1badgt2
Jean

I also forgot to mention that we are building a custom carbon kevlar pan and rear air diffuser for this car for the very reasons you mentioned.
The exhaust will look identical to the 997 RSR except each tip will be left and right of the required license plate. The diffuser will actually come up into the rear bumper about 3 inches.
Great decisions. I have gone through the same challenging exercice to build a street car that could act almost like a race car on the track, while keeping most of the comfort.

One thing you will find difficult to balance for street usage is the suspension, with so much power on tap and little weight, your challenge will be to keep the car straight under acceleration especially coming out of corners when you are not perfectly straight, you will need to add race mounts to your rear subframe to reduce squat and keep the balance, this alone will change the streetability of the car, I had to do the same thing. As to the sequential, I had one and it truly is a fun killer on the street.

Your car looks like a track car more than a street car IMO (which I find beautiful!), I also have the same issue, however I would not give up the functionality of the increased width as a result of the GT2 flares. I think that he most "racey" part of your car is the rear wing, and I am not sure about its functionality. I would suggest that you do somehting similar to the old 993Gt2s, where we use a bolt-on boomerang wing when on the track, and then you keep the regular GT2 wing on the street, which is in itself an attention grabber unfortunately.

Here are a couple of pics that I took earlier this month from an extremely fast RSR, it was faster than the other 2 by about a 1/2 second per lap, all driven by pro-drivers. It had really nice bodywork all intended to increase downforce.

Last edited by Jean; 02-11-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:09 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
That darn Jean,

Never knows anything about anything...

MK

Old 02-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Just as an aside to photos above -- the brother of the owner of the car featuring in Jean's photos above -- a sometimes poster here-- is building a car similar to this thread title . Small world .

Old 02-11-2008, 06:04 PM
1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute
The suspension on the car includes custom RSR cross members, custom RSR uprights and all available ERP components. The hubs are 997 RSR and include custom lightweight brakes (10 lbs lighter) as manufactured by Charlie at Wrightwood Racing. For shock absorbers we chose to use JRZ 3 way adjustables.

Last edited by 1badgt2; 02-26-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:31 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Jean, when I done SPA last year there was one of these on track, it was unreal how fast these are!

BTW Jean, do you think they would pass any noise limit? lol

Old 02-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
1badgt2, you guys have thought of everything, your car will be perfect right out of the box, well done. It took me a good two months to figure out why the car was unstable in the rear under acceleration and coming out of turns (not sliding, just wobbling), turned out to be the subframe mounts, they give the suspension a different geometry (on the 993 at least)

Red9, yes this is your friend's RSR, I spent quite a bit of time checking it out, one fast car! It would be interesting to see what he is building, these guys are good!

Stevo, they were about 6 seconds per lap faster than the fastest 997 Cup cars, except an RS TUNING 3.9 Ltr 997 Cup that was lapping 2-3 seconds behind them. Some of them had quiet exhausts, like the Konrad RSR, the others were true monsters.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:39 AM
doccao will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

That's 1badgt2...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: A VERY custom 996 GT2 "RSR"...