996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Vivid Racing Has Found a New Home...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Vivid Racing Has Found a New Home...

Back in 1998 I was working over at the Audi dealership as a lot attendant moving cars around while I attended Arizona State University. When a couple of guys drove up to the dealership in a T-Rex (fake Hummer), they were pitching cell phones as they just started to get popular. Jumping ship, I went to work for this company and sold cell phones to friends and family. After a short stint there, I headed to another cell phone company and we had a booth on ASU where kids signed up by the hundreds. After a disagreement with the owner, we parted ways. Thanks Dan (store owner), I owe you for that move!

What was I going to do? My best friend Rob Rohn and I started Vivid Wireless out of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity house back in late 1999. Rob and I hit up everyone we know and fliered dorms and apartments selling what was Voicestream plans and the ever so awesome Nokia 5190 phones. Soon Rob’s fraternity room was filled with containers of colored faceplates, flashing antennas, car chargers, and more. With $500 cash and 2 laptops, we were officially in business together. Check out how VividWireless.com looked online back in 2001!

Being both into cars, we soon spawned off Vivid Wireless and setup Vivid Racing so I could purchase some sweet ADR 17inch rims for my Acura Integra. Rob as well had a GSR that he put a Greddy Exhaust and AEM intake on. The Subaru WRX came along and the rest is history. Read the Vivid Racing Story Here.

In August 2001 after months of shipping MRT Subaru exhausts from my parents garage, Rob and I got our first “building” space. 1200 sqft of pure heaven. The windows always faced sun down so we put up tinfoil in the office since we did not have money for blinds. It had 2 offices and a small garage space. Shelving we built out of wood. In fact, we still use the wood shipping table we built! Can’t part with it as it is awesome! After selling Vivid Wireless and all of its inventory for around $10,000, it was all Vivid Racing from there on out. We spent hours and hours as one of the only internet shops selling JDM and hard to get WRX parts. With our simplistic HTML site and a couple of products, we stayed in business with 1 employee, then another, then had 4 or 5 on hand at the shop we call Vivid 1. 2 years later, it was time to take the next leap. Check out how our website has evolved over the years by Viewing the VividRacing.com time machine.

Vivid 2 was about 2 miles away and a huge jump for us at the time to 3500 sqft. At that time, we had the biggest “tuner” shop in AZ! With some cubicle wall, Office Max desks, and some more parts, we continued to evolve the company, our web technology, the product lines, and we took the big risk and installed 1 lift. We were big time . Through many different employees, challenges, and project cars, we strived for more.

On a flight back from visiting friends in New York, we opened the laptop and mapped out what we could do. We wanted to take a leap. Everything we had done since the start was our dollars. We wanted to continue our path and knew with the addition of more shops in AZ and more websites popping up, we had to go bigger. With the first stop from our commercial property broker, we found Vivid 3. The 10,000 sqft building that we reside in as I type this. Probably one of the nicest buildings I have ever seen. With amazing lighting, tile floors, granite counters, glass wall offices, and a seperate warehouse space which would later become our dyno room. Diving into this place was a huge step. With the additional of our manufacturing company, Agency Power, and having 20 employees on hand, this has been a true experience. 3 years later, through alot of thick and thin, we are still here, we still enjoy coming to work, and we still strive to achieve excellence.

After years of renting, our hard work and business strategies have worked out. Vivid Racing purchased our first property in which we will open to the public in August 2008. From $500, we now have a 16,000 sqft building in Gilbert, AZ which will be come the facility for others to copy. Rob and I both know that we are nothing however without the people that have helped us, including our employees. For those that have worked at Vivid Racing, thank you. For those that have purchased or just supported, thank you.

For those that are currently employed here and promote the best customer service and experience for Vivid Racing we recognize you: Amanda, Michele, Michael, Billy, Mike, Evan, Tony, Randy, Greg, Chico, Jeff, Hai, Ryan, Leah, Matt, Eric, Matt, Chris.

Stay tuned as our building comes to life! View All images here - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/gallery/browseimages.php?c=69&userid=

Old 06-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
Cool. Capitalism at it's finest. Go Devils!

Old 06-19-2008, 10:08 AM
BeastRides101 is on a distinguished road
Very cool story. Best of luck in the new building, looks amazing!!!

Old 06-19-2008, 10:11 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Well done fellas.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:14 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Congrats. Best of luck in the new place.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:17 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Best of luck !!!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:11 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
A E K D B brother! Manuel Chrisolorus would be proud of you, conclave '03 ! haha

Old 06-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
966tt650 is on a distinguished road
smoking, wicked, totally cool new domicile

thanks for the story of the evolution of Vivid racing/AP. That provided some great context for how far you all have come and what being able to make this move represents, a lot of hard work for one, great products, and fantastic service. Totally amazing new space, can't help but love that blue floor. Wish my garage at home looked like that.

Really *****ing new facility and clearly well thought out in terms of Vivid/AP's needs. Having detailing on-site is an awesome bonus. Congratulations to you Dan & Rob and all the rest of the crew. Can't wait to get in there & check it out. jaj

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	turbo2002 005abc.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	72604   Click image for larger version

Name:	turbo2002 002a.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	72606  

Last edited by 966tt650; 06-19-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
LINKS - throwing out some serious knowledge LOL. I did conclave when it was here in PHX back in 99 I think. A E K D B

Old 06-19-2008, 11:45 AM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
Great looking facility, now, when you going to open up a sister location in Houston?! I'll be there for the house-warming party!

Congrats and great story.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:53 AM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations guys and thanks for the summary of your growth.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Former Vendor
We are looking for investment partners to open locations in strategic parts of the US.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:14 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
I love it! Capitalism at its best. THAT is what this country is all about!

Old 06-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Congrats fellas! Really inspring. Quite a "propicious" building.

A.E.K.D.B.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Brett B is on a distinguished road
Looks good Dan, congrats on the new building. What business used to own that facility? Looks like it was automotive related.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing Has Found a New Home...