996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Switzer Performance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 12:17 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Switzer Performance

Just finished installing my Switzer performance pack. Sorry, no sledghammer 9 second review here. My install was a more modest, daily driver kind of set up. I added the Switzer headers, exhaust, off road pipes, dme tune, plugs and bmc filters to already existing Evom intake plenum, diverter valves, gt2 intercoolers and turbo ducts.
No dyno in my area but am figuring a solid 500 to 550hp.
My goal has been drivability, solid usable power and improved weight savings and of course, and very importantly, improved sound.

First, the product speaks very loudly for itself....!

But of course, and especially for the do it yourselfers, the stuff may look great BUT does it fit and does it work as advertised??
Yes and yes!

I have modded literally every make of car over the years, worked with tons of shops and tuners and must say, Tym Switzer is awesome. What I most appreciate in a shop is quality, accountability AND communication. Does not work for me, no matter how nice the product is, if its a pita to communicate with them.
Or how about the shop that is all attentive until you make the order, then suddenly is hard to reach! That ring any bells?

Luckily, I have a friend with a shop who is not afraid to share his lift, tools and know how on a Sunday, so I had a big advantage on this install and some experienced hands to help. Seems like you have to take the whole back of the car apart to install the stuff! Hell you have to take the back interior apart to just get to the dme! These are very complicated cars! I did my first Ferrari exhaust install on a 360 in a few hours by myself with floor jacks. With the tt it would have taken me two days and a dozen calls to Tym for help w/o my buddy and his lift. Even at that, Tym was kind enought to field several calls, on a Sunday no less, to answer questions. As usual, the first time dealing with a particular model car is a steep learning curve.

So does the beautiful exhasut jewelry fit? Yes, beautifully. No issues whatsoever.

How about sound, you ask? Well it was almost dark when we finished and I wanted to get a full run in before dark so no sound clip yet and now its raining for a few days. I will update with a sound clip sometime soon but can say the sound is completely what I had hoped for. Its rich, lets you know something is definitely going on performance wise, and NO drone. None. I live up a big hill with some houses on the way up. 3rd gear at 2800rpms. Possibly the worst drone maker. Period!
Nothing, just rich, deep sound.
I have yet to make an extended run on the mountain road that I drive often, so will reserve full performance review until then but can readily say I am very happy with the new power, improved throttle response, feel and sounds of the car. Revs like a light weight fly wheel w/o the chatter!

So more later, but for anyone looking for the same quaility experience, both in the shop and in the tuner, Tym Switzer has my strong support.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:22 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
PS, I have never been a big fan of the turbo sound so to say my car now sounds really good, almost exotic in nautre, is a big deal and says volumes.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:37 PM
McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !
Yea, they definitely make some incredible stuff and all I have heard is good things. I live near their shop and need to get out there to see it sometime.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:45 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Nice write-up!

The quality and performance of SPI's products probably make the OEM engineers jealous....

Old 01-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Work of art, the best decision I could have ever made for an exhaust on my personal car. The sound is great!

Old 01-05-2009, 01:21 PM
dublinoh is infamous around these partsdublinoh is infamous around these parts
Do they have a web site? Beautiful stuff

Old 01-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Old 01-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Top quality!

Old 01-05-2009, 01:30 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Very good quality....May i ask what it costed you?

Old 01-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
What turbos are you running?

Old 01-05-2009, 01:35 PM
stock trubo's.
My other car is a 3.8 build (Bob Holcombe) with a k27 hybrid, is 500lbs lighter and a true beast, so this car is its balance. Smooth, easy, relatively quiet, quick but not scary etc.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:11 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Looking really good in terms of fit/finish! And looked like fun as well

Old 01-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Banned
rc69 is a jewel in the roughrc69 is a jewel in the roughrc69 is a jewel in the rough
Great exhaust.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:15 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Superb exhaust.

I posted video on youtube a while back. Search under jcbmemphis as the user.

Jeff

(love mine, instructors at DE love it....even my older neighbors said it had the right race car sound, even if loud....funny thing as they are the sort to complain...)

Old 01-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Looking really good in terms of fit/finish! And looked like fun as well
Hey Alex, it actually was fun but I have to be honest, without my friends greater experience and lift it would not have been as much fun. It was all very relaxed though as the fit was great. Damn tightly packed machines. Is the 997tt as tight? James must be 1/2 magician!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Switzer Performance