996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ultimate MotorWerks Stock K16 does 480 RWHP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Banned
j.mitchell70 is on a distinguished road
New here and new to Porsche's (just got my 996), but very familiar with cars and dynoing. One thing to keep in mind is that he is using STD numbers which are always higher than SAE numbers, especially on a turbo car. STD (or SAE J607) is corrected to a 60°F day with 0% humidity and a barometric pressure of 29.92 in-Hg. SAE (SAE J1349) is corrected to a 77°F day with 0% humidity and a barometric pressure of 29.234 in-Hg.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:17 AM
derm is on a distinguished road
Congrats TX! The figures are amazing!
BTW, what mods do you have altogether?

Old 03-20-2009, 09:24 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
That explains your 7.92. I knew your car had great power. Awesome.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:29 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
That explains your 7.92. I knew your car had great power. Awesome.

and VERY light, as I recall reading somewhere....

Old 03-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Odog has a spectacular aura aboutOdog has a spectacular aura about
Congrats TX Gold! I knew I should have bought your car......

Steve,

I would bet dollars to donuts your dyno numbers were grossly affected by the dyno methodology used....if you provided a healthier cooling environment, your ecu would let you make the power on the rollers you would expect- with no other changes.
In other words- your car is really strong!!- in that it still let you make 499whp under those conditions!

"i actually dyno'd 499rwhp on a 94 degree july day... with absolutely no cooling fans going to the engine or intercoolers

a few people who have driven my car think it makes a good amount over 500rwhp

theres a member on here with similar mods making 516 on 91 ...."

Old 03-20-2009, 12:16 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
In order for an engine to produce power,air has to enter combustion chamber...with stock k16s there is no way you can keep sustained boost(above 5krpm) over 1,0-1,1bar...If you do so you run out of the efficiency of the turbos...producing heat...and more heat...so you managed to get these power levels with only 1 bar of boost?Amazing...

Old 03-20-2009, 12:20 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Marty, there are freak cars out there man, and his numbers are totally believable. Ryans is one example, and you know of mine already.

Ryan, I ran an 8.16 60-130 on my K16 car for comparison, and with considerably more boost. You're REALLY flying man, good work!

If you take it to the strip, you have 126.50mph trap to beat, and it sounds like you should have no problem. Good luck man!

Old 03-20-2009, 01:29 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jimmer23
Marty, there are freak cars out there man, and his numbers are totally believable. Ryans is one example, and you know of mine already.

Ryan, I ran an 8.16 60-130 on my K16 car for comparison, and with considerably more boost. You're REALLY flying man, good work!

If you take it to the strip, you have 126.50mph trap to beat, and it sounds like you should have no problem. Good luck man!

This is actually a good example, not to take ANYTHING away from anyones cars or accomplishments, but a 500whp car with K16's runs a 7.92 60-130, and a 500whp 18G car runs high to mid 6's. Very big difference. On the street, probably not much difference, on the highway, big difference. My point is for people not to get all amped up on the dyno numbers. Dyno numbers are for comparing your OWN improvements. Again, no disrespect, just pointing out a fact that sometimes gets lost.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
My best ET is 11.64 or something like that and best trap is 126. My best 60-130 is 7.92, and that was done in the current configuration.
Ryan,

My best time on the stock K16's is almost identical to yours; I ran 11.65 @ 126 with only intake, exhaust and flash. My car was still AWD and full-weight at the time.

I never had my car dyno'd back then, but I was confident that I had to be putting down 480 wheel HP on that run. I remember getting in debates about it with Jean on this forum. Looks like my guess was right on.

People really underestimate what the stock K16's can do when tuned correctly, and they sometimes tend to speak in absolutes.

Congrats, bro. I'm really happy for you.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:14 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
I'm not trying to be negative, but I agree with Marty and TT boost. Marty dynoed about 480 AWHP and ran 11.0x in the 1/4 mile with trapped about 134 mph. He also did 60-130 in the 6's.

The dyno numbers should be used for a comparison of before and after mods, but a "dyno number" by itself does not really indicate how fast a car is on the road or track. 1/4 mile trap and 60-130 are the best indicators. Tx's car is certainly very fast, but does not seem in the same league as other cars dynoing about the same on other dyno's.

TX, how much weight reduction does your car have? That plays into 1/4 mile and 60-130 big time, so this would be good information to know when looking at the whole picture.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Marty's car also made 6XXrwhp at Protomotive, Marty's low numbers were on a AWD mustang dyno which depending on how the dyno is setup will either be high/low/or normal numbers. Most dynojets are within 10rwhp of each other not all but most, I have dynoed on many around town and all were about the same. If you all think a 480rwhp can run 6's with weighting 3XXXlbs Then I am doing something very very wrong!
Matt

Old 03-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lil Powell
Marty's car also made 6XXrwhp at Protomotive, Marty's low numbers were on a AWD mustang dyno which depending on how the dyno is setup will either be high/low/or normal numbers. Most dynojets are within 10rwhp of each other not all but most, I have dynoed on many around town and all were about the same. If you all think a 480rwhp can run 6's with weighting 3XXXlbs Then I am doing something very very wrong!
Matt

Marty's "low" numbers. I wish I had Marty's low numbers!!!

No Matt, I don't think that at all, and that's my point. Ryans car is insanely fast for a K16 car. My K16 car flashed only made 425awhp on a Mustang. I never did a 60-130, but I would guestimate it in the low tens, maybe high 9's.

Recently, I went 6.80, full weight, AWD with 525ish whp. So that means it only takes 25-30whp to gain over a second 60-130? At the dragstrip you need 100hp to gain that, in more distance? AGAIN, not taking anything away, just trying to say that dyno numbers s*ck to compare each others cars. People may be disappointed in their cars if they don't "see" certain numbers based on other people cars.
Mike

Old 03-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Marty's "low" numbers. I wish I had Marty's low numbers!!!

No Matt, I don't think that at all, and that's my point. Ryans car is insanely fast for a K16 car. My K16 car flashed only made 425awhp on a Mustang. I never did a 60-130, but I would guestimate it in the low tens, maybe high 9's.

Recently, I went 6.80, full weight, AWD with 525ish whp. So that means it only takes 25-30whp to gain over a second 60-130? At the dragstrip you need 100hp to gain that, in more distance? AGAIN, not taking anything away, just trying to say that dyno numbers s*ck to compare each others cars. People may be disappointed in their cars if they don't "see" certain numbers based on other people cars.
Mike
I agree people should not take dyno number to heart but they do bring some Truth. I am just saying you cant call BS if you didnt have the same results. Most cars with Ryans mods run 9's 60-130 and trap about 118-120 I know his car has weight reduction but for 6mph he would have to lose atleast 600lbs over the other cars which isnt the case. Your car also makes more then 525rwhp it is around 600rwhp unless your talking about awhp then maybe. BTW nice 60-130 thats badass!
Matt

Old 03-20-2009, 03:57 PM
I agree people should not take dyno number to heart but they do bring some Truth. I am just saying you cant call BS if you didnt have the same results. Most cars with Ryans mods run 9's 60-130 and trap about 118-120 I know his car has weight reduction but for 6mph he would have to lose atleast 600lbs over the other cars which isnt the case. Your car also makes more then 525rwhp it is around 600rwhp unless your talking about awhp then maybe. BTW nice 60-130 thats badass!
Matt

Thats cool...we're saying the same thing. Yes, I am AWD and missing a spare and some jack and tools. (80lbs?)

I'm sure I'm 600hp on someones dyno

EPL's dyno () says 543awhp on a Mustang, fwiw...

Old 03-20-2009, 04:05 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Matt
ryan has a 80 shot of nitrous

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ultimate MotorWerks Stock K16 does 480 RWHP