996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TiAL Alpha 30r’s – Stock motor race gas results!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
I'm just curious as to why WE always like to mention that its a stock motor...If you have a built motor it's going to make the same power.. The built bottom end will only give you a piece of mind..IMHO unless of course you have head work!!!
you can run more boost and get more aggressive on the timing numbers thus producing more TQ... on a stock motor you cannot....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-21-2009, 04:45 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
you can run more boost and get more aggressive on the timing numbers thus producing more TQ... on a stock motor you cannot....

Agreed...I guess you as a consumer need to ask yourself...am I comfortable at those levels? You can raise all of the above on a stock motor....just because a motor makes X amount of power on stock internals doesn't mean it's safe......I remember one member running 2 bar on a stock motor...yes it made power & he was proud to say "I'm on stock internals" So if he did the rods, would he make more power or just be more comfortable at those levels? It cost less to do rods than replace the motor...IMHO

Old 10-21-2009, 04:53 PM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
there are 2 GT3076's....A/R 63 and 82.

Intake, IC's exhaust...those turbos are choking...they sure look to have lots of potential, however.
that is one turbo

and there are 3 A/R choices, .63, .82 and 1.06

Old 10-21-2009, 05:05 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Agreed...I guess you as a consumer need to ask yourself...am I comfortable at those levels? You can raise all of the above on a stock motor....just because a motor makes X amount of power on stock internals doesn't mean it's safe......I remember one member running 2 bar on a stock motor...yes it made power & he was proud to say "I'm on stock internals" So if he did the rods, would he make more power or just be more comfortable at those levels? It cost less to do rods than replace the motor...IMHO
I agree Tom. Although it is nice to see that there are people willing to find out what the stock block can handle reliably. Especially for the small fish like me. I'd love to to think I could run 700whp safely without a built bottom end but I don't even know how much power i'm currently making. I'll update with that number tomorrow.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:11 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
I'm just curious as to why WE always like to mention that its a stock motor...If you have a built motor it's going to make the same power.. The built bottom end will only give you a piece of mind..IMHO unless of course you have head work!!!
unless you change the compression ratio or the bore/stroke to 3.8 while your in there =)

Old 10-21-2009, 05:13 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Thanks for posting Dave!

A few notes:
-This car maxed out 83lb injectors at 5 bar (so it really is flowing that much air )
-I still consider this a very basic set up... We will post a full mod list when we are done, but the car still has a stock plenum, tb, IC's (yikes)....
-This was about 1.55ish bar of boost.
-Fuel was ms109 + Water/Meth (VP M1)

..lets put things in perspective. Joe went 231 MPH, 1100 AWHP, GT35, 30 lb of boost and STILL has not maxed out the 83 lb injectors. I'm no tuner but this doesn't sound Kosher....Maybe the fuel system ran out of juice not the injectors...but then again WTF do I know

Old 10-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by bmoores
I agree Tom. Although it is nice to see that there are people willing to find out what the stock block can handle reliably. Especially for the small fish like me. I'd love to to think I could run 700whp safely without a built bottom end but I don't even know how much power i'm currently making. I'll update with that number tomorrow.
I hear you Bro...be carefull. We all want that power ...Good luck your car is running strong...NO BS

Last edited by topgun; 10-21-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
..lets put things in perspective. Joe went 231 MPH, 1100 AWHP, GT35, 30 lb of boost and STILL has not maxed out the 83 lb injectors. I'm no tuner but this doesn't sound Kosher....Maybe the fuel system ran out of juice not the injectors...but then again WTF do I know
What base pressure is he running?

83's wont support 1100 awhps the way it would be recorded on my dyno.

Im seriously not trying to cause a dyno debate... Its obvious based on the 231 mph mile results that Joe's car makes serious power....

Old 10-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
What base pressure is he running?

83's wont support 1100 awhps the way it would be recorded on my dyno.

Im seriously not trying to cause a dyno debate... Its obvious based on the 231 mph mile results that Joe's car makes serious power....
So forget about the Dyno....you said Joe's making some serious power! it ran 231 on 83. it's not maxed out. but this baby turbo maxed out the 83's. I dunno, I dunno ****. Damn this car could run with Joe's ..

I dont want any dyno wars! I'm just trying to understand & make sense of it..

Old 10-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
So forget about the Dyno....you said Joe's making some serious power! it ran 231 on 83. it's not maxed out. but this baby turbo maxed out the 83's. I dunno, I dunno ****. Damn this car could run with Joe's ..

I dont want any dyno wars! I'm just trying to understand & make sense of it..

Well here's what I know... Im currently running a basic fuel system upgrade on this car. It doesn't loose pressure (even during a full 5th gear pull) and calculated injector DC is maxed out.

If your interested, Ill trade injector pulse width logs to compare?

Old 10-21-2009, 06:32 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Great work Tony and Dave @ EPL. Amazing results.

I love how some justify to themselves their very expensive motor build when others put out huge numbers without it. And yeah yeah yeah it is piece of mind and all that, but we all know how expensive it is to R&R and build the internals with upgrades. If you don't necessarily need it, why do it?

I keep seeing people reference the old Supra convention wisdom with regard to how much the stock motor can handle.... look where they are now. And look where the 996TT seems to be heading.... hmmmm...

Tony, do I need to upgrade to these A3071s now?

Old 10-21-2009, 06:42 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Nice job guys. Congrats Keirnan. As soon as I am done with the P-box, I'll get it back so we can see how this thing runs. I need a 5 first...

Old 10-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
Where is the boost and AFR curve?

WELL!!!!!

Old 10-21-2009, 06:46 PM
sc_trojan has a spectacular aura aboutsc_trojan has a spectacular aura about
congrads tony! Honestly, you should be getting some kind of commission from Tial, because I think you are single handily, dramatically increasing the sales of their turbos for the p-cars!

Old 10-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by flash68
Great work Tony and Dave @ EPL. Amazing results.

I love how some justify to themselves their very expensive motor build when others put out huge numbers without it. And yeah yeah yeah it is piece of mind and all that, but we all know how expensive it is to R&R and build the internals with upgrades. If you don't necessarily need it, why do it?

I keep seeing people reference the old Supra convention wisdom with regard to how much the stock motor can handle.... look where they are now. And look where the 996TT seems to be heading.... hmmmm...

Tony, do I need to upgrade to these A3071s now?
Nobody is trying to justify anything, if want to crank you car up so be it.. there's been plenty of cars that have gone boom & some haven't. I built my car for myself, I do many track days & wanted the security.. If you crank your car up once in a while maybe you don't need a motor build to each is own...so why promote something "stock motor look" what does that mean exactly...it's not pushed? what? It can go faster? what?

Ben has a stock motor...all I gave him was praise on how great his car runs..If you put great number up regardless of internals great!

Last edited by topgun; 10-21-2009 at 06:55 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TiAL Alpha 30r’s – Stock motor race gas results!