996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Do you let a valet park your Turbo??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 07:54 PM
BlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to behold
Do you let a valet park your Turbo??

I feel like a cheapskate when i pull up and tell the valet, "Nah, I'll park it myself".

Yesterday I gave in when my Hospital's golf outing was held at a super fancy hi falootin country club and all the other docs are getting their mercs, bimmers, and audis valet parked. I felt the pressure and I tossed the old guy the keys and pretended not to care. He stalls it immediately. I turned around and told him "dont worry, clutch is newer, give it a little more gas and ease it out"...I turn to go as he revs to 6000 and does a screech/stall!! Now a crowd is starting to gather. I walk back. He sees i'm pissed and gives me the keys. He says "ive driven lots of porsches before but i've never seen ANYTHING like that!". Im not sure if i was happy to hear that. I pull off smooth as butter.

At least He insisted I park it next to the front door and promised to watch it closely all day.

What do you guys do with a valet??

Old 06-09-2010, 08:02 PM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
My DD sure. . .

The last time I valeted a 911 was about 1995 when I watched the valet back my car INTO the restaurant that I had just eaten at, an impressive feat as he had to mount a 10 inch berm and mulch bed to do it. . . .

You must have missed the valet drifting videos from last fall.....

Old 06-09-2010, 08:27 PM
rh888888 will become famous soon enoughrh888888 will become famous soon enough
I wouldn't let my wife Valet my car.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I trust a VERY select few to touch my car. A Valet is not one of them... A future girlfriend (that could end up a wife) still no... Unless she's a "gear head".

Old 06-09-2010, 08:39 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I do not park my car in parking lots or next to other cars. My car gets driven and then back to the garage. On occasions I do park her in a lot but I have a good eye on her and usually my car is not the most expensive in the crowd. In Newport Beach, my car does not even get a second look so parking at Crystal Cove, Pelican Hill or Laguna is not an issue. Valet's, never!

Old 06-09-2010, 08:58 PM
rh888888 will become famous soon enoughrh888888 will become famous soon enough
Unless she's a "gear head".[/quote]
isn't that done from the passenger seat anyway

Old 06-09-2010, 09:06 PM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely not. No one drives my car other than me and my mechanic.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:12 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BlueFVD-575
I feel like a cheapskate when i pull up and tell the valet, "Nah, I'll park it myself".
What do you guys do with a valet??

only a C4S here...you know...a turbo minus the 100 extra Hp... but... I've always parked it myself...in a premium spot and paid the valet..and kept the keys...all they want is the $$$...

Old 06-09-2010, 09:33 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
I have let valets park it, but probably b/c its a Tip and not six speed. I just feel pretentious saying no occasionally. Still, I really hate valets, not only do I not trust them (I had friends who were valets and I know how they occasionally "test" a car when on the way to a parking lot), but I really hate paying people to do every little damn thing for me. I'm perfectly capable of dropping the girl off at the door and parking the car myself. Its not just a money thing, it just makes me feel like a lazy ***. "Here, take my car and park it so I can stuff my face faster. I can't be bothered with such menial tasks."

When it comes to friends, I love to have my friends drive my Turbo. They are all in thier early to mid twenties and have never driven a car like this. Everyone is shocked I offer to let them drive it, they all love it, and later talk about how great the car is, and I love discussing cars. Of course, I'm always with them during these drives; I know better than to hand the keys over and let them off on thier own .

Last edited by MikeR397; 06-09-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:46 PM
anothervr6kid will become famous soon enough
I'll never valet mine. My friend had his valeted once, he asked the guy to keep it up front because he'll be back in 20 minutes... a few minutes later he saw his car being "test driven" up and down the street.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:53 PM
caly is on a distinguished road
heck no,was a valet when i was kid i now how it is hehehe

Old 06-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
I used to be a valet in college. Needless to say, I know exactly what can happen when a valet gets access to a cool car and I'd never allow a valet to park my car unless I could watch them park it and give me back the keys.

I suppose if I *had* to valet my car I'd flash the cash up front and ask him to park it up front. But, I'm a pretty frugal guy by nature...meaning I'd rather spend my hard earned cash on the meal (extra dessert, etc.) than to give it to the valet.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:22 PM
willieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the rough
I have one word for you, NO

Old 06-09-2010, 10:58 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
I drove the E55 to a fancy hotel the other day because I didn't want them to valet the turbo.

Even then it was one of the only times I've let a valet touch any of my cars but otherwise I would have had to park down street and walk through the grass in the rain which I did the day before, lol.

Last bad experience with a valet was when I had a 350z and they backed the car into some bushes and scratched the bumper because they couldn't tell when to stop.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:14 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
No Valet for me. Even yes, they still could not drive my car without stalling. I have Light weight flywheel.
I let some close friends tried my car. They stalled at every stops.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do you let a valet park your Turbo??