996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Upgrade from k16/gr2860rs worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 11:30 PM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
So, life got in the way (as happens from time to time)... but i have just talked again with Todd K and Jake @ TIAL. In the next couple weeks we will be pulling my ball bearing 2860/k16 and sending them out for some reworking of the comp cover, CHRA and doing some BB billet 2868s. The belief across the board is that we will gain power across the powerband, low and mid, plus a bit of top end, plus spin a few RPM sooner. Obviously it wont be a huge jump, but should help my 60-130s. Which on 91 octane, currently stands at a best of 7.39.

thanks for the help guys!

Old 01-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
In for updates. Will TIAL be handling the upgrades directly for this mod? Best wishes!

Old 01-06-2013, 01:00 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Again, I must refer you to 996TTALOT on here. he now has K16 based highly modded Turbos and extensive mods and a built engine with a redesigned full fuel system pushing out over 700 bhp on pump fuel with the low lag one expects of a K16 Turbo. boost levels are IIRC 1.6 bar constant and running excellent IAT's.
Once again tested on a 4 mile track extensively. He used to have K2420g on his own car and he says this new combination blows his old car off the road.
Go figure........
I would definitely be thinking of giving him a call and I dont even own a Porsche any more.

Final point imagine what you could get once tuned on the race fuel you guys seem to rely on , we cant get it that easy over here so we make do with pump fuel ???

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 01-06-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:34 AM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
In for updates. Will TIAL be handling the upgrades directly for this mod? Best wishes!
yes, I will be sending them to Jake and the gang directly for the work.

Originally Posted by Sunnyside
Again, I must refer you to 996TTALOT on here. he now has K16 based highly modded Turbos and extensive mods and a built engine with a redesigned full fuel system pushing out over 700 bhp on pump fuel with the low lag one expects of a K16 Turbo. boost levels are IIRC 1.6 bar constant and running excellent IAT's.
Once again tested on a 4 mile track extensively. He used to have K2420g on his own car and he says this new combination blows his old car off the road.
Go figure........
I would definitely be thinking of giving him a call and I dont even own a Porsche any more.

Final point imagine what you could get once tuned on the race fuel you guys seem to rely on , we cant get it that easy over here so we make do with pump fuel ???
I plan on getting these as maxed out as possible with the help from Todd K @ Protomotive. It won't be a highway rocket, but it will be fun. Especially with a planned race gas file.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:42 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyingGuy
yes, I will be sending them to Jake and the gang directly for the work.

I plan on getting these as maxed out as possible with the help from Todd K @ Protomotive. It won't be a highway rocket, but it will be fun. Especially with a planned race gas file.
I belive Todd does Kens as well.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:51 AM
Originally Posted by Sunnyside
I belive Todd does Kens as well.
So I should be in good hands. I hope so anyway! There's a friend of mine who's cars 60-130 time I need to beat