996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New M2 performance 996tt exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
The m2 exhaust could have fit with some cutting and welding but that defeats the purpose in my eyes. The bigger let down was the fake hollow pipping which was supposed to be a resonator. Its just a gutted new cat. No glass pack. S

Old 12-07-2012, 04:11 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
if i were you i'd look into marlski's exhaust... looks good, and priced well...

Old 12-07-2012, 04:59 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
The m2 exhaust could have fit with some cutting and welding but that defeats the purpose in my eyes. The bigger let down was the fake hollow pipping which was supposed to be a resonator. Its just a gutted new cat. No glass pack. S
But eveyone goes catless eventually........

Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
After the Help of my old friend Sam Ahdoot AKA SamboTT. I decided to go with a modified Stock exhaust with no pre or post cats. Sam has been awesome through my build process and I def suggest any of y9ou out there to go to him for the Ill Deals. If this build wasnt a budget friendly one, I would def consider Markski's Exhaust. Looks really good as well!

Old 12-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Fallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud of
SAMBOTT's Exhaust

I'm using this exhaust and found it to be the best for my application which is a balance between flow and noise. I tried a "race" exhaust and it did product better flow and power, but I couldn't live with the cabin drone....

Don"t let anyone tell you their exhaust doesn't drone as they all seem to to some level.

SAMBOTT is awesome to work with, and I like his exhaust for my TT.

FBS

Old 12-10-2012, 10:17 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
SamboTT is a good guy to deal with.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Thanks guys.

I'm sure the crack will catch up with you Suman and when you can you will go for what you really want! I get your reasoning and I know you recognize a top notch product.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:30 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
I gotta go up to LA and have SamboTT tune my rich fuel condition...

Old 12-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Fallbangskid
I'm using this exhaust and found it to be the best for my application which is a balance between flow and noise. I tried a "race" exhaust and it did product better flow and power, but I couldn't live with the cabin drone....

Don"t let anyone tell you their exhaust doesn't drone as they all seem to to some level.

SAMBOTT is awesome to work with, and I like his exhaust for my TT.

FBS
Hi, You should check out a Milltek exhaust...

Old 12-10-2012, 01:57 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
SamboTT is a good guy to deal with.
x2. A+!

Old 12-10-2012, 04:31 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Highhats
Did you happen to snap any pics?

Old 12-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Yup when i get home to a comp ill post what i sent m2.

S

Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Like I say, you get what you pay for...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Got a sweet deal on a new UK exhaust called Kline. They sound awesome and no drone so they say. item should be here soon stoked to try it. All hand made in UK. One guy put a video up here it is

Old 12-16-2012, 09:27 AM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
I dunno, but I read an 11 page exhaust thread over at rennlist where the Kline dude is talking like he's the only sound engineer that made a Porsche exhaust. That's sooo 2002!

He's explaining away 2.5" tubing, 100 cell cats are bad, exhaust doesn't need heat shielding - yada yada.

My BS-o-meter was going off big time. Oh and the exhaust quality is ok, nothing like an EP.

The sound is ok I guess, sounds "corked up". At any rate, I'm just concerned based on how these guys come out of nowhere to start slamming the Porsche engineers, c'mon guys - if your tech were that good, just become an OEM supplier to Porsche and more...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New M2 performance 996tt exhaust?