996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Looking of garage lift suggestions..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 08:27 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Looking of garage lift suggestions..

Like the title says. I'm looking for feedback and recommendations for a 4 post garage lift. Ideally I'd like a 4 post that you could drive the car up on but also have a provision to be able to jack up the car by the jack pads locations.

Thanks...

Old 02-01-2017, 08:49 PM
Sourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to behold
I had a 4 post for a few years.

I'm planning to add two of these to quickly lift from the 4 lift points for wheels/suspension work. Safer way too lift too.

My lift is too narrow for a engine drop through the rails. I figured out a way to drop off the back. Not sure if there is a wide 4 post that can a com a engine drop.

Attached Images  
Old 02-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
I had a 2 post because it makes it much easier to work on the car. Takes more time to drive on and adjust the arms before lifting though. Sold that house, now waiting to build my new shop and put a 2 poster back in it.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:06 PM
993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !
2 post is the way to go for nearly everything except some alignment/oil-fluid change work and storage

Old 02-02-2017, 05:59 AM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute

John,
BendPak 9k lift + 2 rolling jacks. About $2800 delivered & $1100 each for jacks. Love mine
Call Brian at Asedeals.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:32 AM
vogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond repute
I highly recommend a 2 post unless you need a 4 post to store another car under and have enough ceiling clearance to do it. 2 post takes up far less room and gives you much more access to work on any part of the car without extra accessories. They are also cheaper.

My MaxJax was $2K and I installed it myself. Best part is it's completely portable so I can unbolt the posts from the floor and move it out of the way when needed.

Name:  6C456003-1BE7-481F-A0B9-5105A124EA38_zpsi62xap02.jpg
Views: 1285
Size:  209.0 KB

Old 02-02-2017, 10:26 AM
mdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud of
Hi John,
I got a 4 post lift from here:
http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/

Like the guys above said, if you get one be sure to get at least one of the sliding jacks. I got a manual one for around $600-$700 instead of the air powered. The 4 post is great for just about everything except dropping the engine. Way easier/quicker to get it up on the lift too. I have had both for "hobby" use and tend to use the 4 post more.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed (4).jpg
Views:	46
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	468954  

Last edited by mdurbahn; 02-02-2017 at 10:30 AM. Reason: add pic
Old 02-02-2017, 11:50 AM
REDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud of
Bendpak makes a great, reasonably priced 4 post.

I'm not sure what brand it is, but Jay Leno has been bragging about the built in weighing scales on his 4 post. Sounds like a pretty cool feature

Old 02-02-2017, 01:40 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm leaning toward the 4 post due to the fact that I could store 2 cars. With the combination of the extra center jacks to allow removal of the wheels, as pictured by Viperklr, this may be the way to go. The 2 post does have it's advantages but for me the advantages of the 4 post outweigh it. Looks like the Bend Pak is the most popular one.

Old 02-02-2017, 05:10 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
I store on a 2post using the locks for months at a time....

Old 02-02-2017, 05:35 PM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
Same here on the storage. I had a 2 car vertical garage. 996 on top, X5 on bottom. Made it difficult for grocery runs in the Porsche.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:03 AM
06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future
I don't have a lift (my single car 1923 garage isn't big enough) but have always pondered the idea of a 2 post lift (for its benefits vs 4post) but with an attachment that can be added to get the 4 post storage benifits (keeping the suspension under load). I came across this picture, so I know it's do-able:

Old 02-03-2017, 11:36 AM
I guess keeping the load on the suspension would keep it from having to settle each time you drive the car? Is there another reason, like damage to bushings? With the 2 post i noticed that there were no tire flat spots when i would go out on a cold day.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:14 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Jalopnik so take it with a grain of salt but seems like a decent setup: https://thegarage.jalopnik.com/i-jus...ppi-1791703186

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.