996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Modifying Turbo spoiler wiring for fixed spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 10:50 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Modifying Turbo spoiler wiring for fixed spoiler

I am looking for a link on how to modify spoiler wiring so I don't get a spoiler warning. I am quite sure this has been covered here many times, yes my searches are not turning up anything. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-17-2017, 03:11 PM
bansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to all
Have you tried manually press the button for up position and than disconnect the switch on the cylinder? I have a fixed wing and I disconnected the switch. No warning error.

Old 08-17-2017, 03:50 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bansasn
Have you tried manually press the button for up position and than disconnect the switch on the cylinder? I have a fixed wing and I disconnected the switch. No warning error.
I have not tried that. I am installing a GT2 rep spoiler and want to avoid getting a light once I get to 75 mph.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:05 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
That way works until you accidentally press the button, then it goes crazy again, so don't forget to disconnect the dash button after confirming no error on drive.

I think you'll get an error message the first time you drive it after doing that, then never again.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:08 PM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
I didn't read the entire thing, but maybe this will help.

https://www.renntech.org/forums/topi...spoiler-alarm/

Old 08-17-2017, 05:33 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
All I did was disconnect the plug on the deck lid. No problemo ever since.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Slider
What year is your car? I am reading that different years are wired differently.

Old 08-17-2017, 10:15 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VAGscum
What year is your car? I am reading that different years are wired differently.
Mine is an 01. I don't know what could be different between years - One motor, two sensors - not much to control really. I could be wrong - anyone?

Edit: Come to think of it... I may have wrapped electrical tape around one of the micro-switches... I'll check.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:00 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Slider
The multi-prong plug at the fender well area? That also supplies power to the light and fan.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:09 AM
No, I just unplugged the power for the spoiler motor and taped up the micro-switches...

Easy-peazy...

Old 08-18-2017, 12:17 PM
REDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud of
There are two micro-switches. One needs to be open (disconnect it) and the other closed (connect the wires). I don't know which, but it's easy to experiment and figure it out.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:40 PM
You don't really need to disconnect it - just leave it open. I didn't disconnect or cut any wires.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:57 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Two ways to do it:

1. Install GT2 / TT aero decklid harness, disconnect the connector from the spoiler switch in the dash behind the horse shoe

2. With spoiler in down position, remove microswitches from the spoiler motor (do NOT tape them up to close the contacts) and tuck them away or zip tie them to something. Again, disconnect the switch in dash as noted above.

My recommendation is to install the factory harness as it's cheap. Regarding the dash spoiler switch, you can remove it and install OEM blanks which cost a few bucks. You can do the same for other unused switches like PSM or rear wiper.

Old 08-18-2017, 02:09 PM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
Yeah I don't know if I would just tape a switch so it's permanently on really, seems like asking for problems.

Old 08-20-2017, 11:03 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
We have a device that wires in to circumvent the the spoiler warning as well. Attaches to current turbo loom.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.