996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A Guide To A Rwd Conversion For The 996 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 07:55 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Talk like that will get your a temporary ban on the other forum.
Yeah right...TopGun is a nobody over there as well as here

Old 12-18-2007, 11:44 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
TopGun put a Guard LSD in his AWD TT...I hear it rolls great in his garage
low blow!

Old 12-18-2007, 05:52 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DERBOOST
Did you do this yourself and if so how bad was it? Thanks
No,EVOMS did it but it is not rocket science......especially if you have seen it done before.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:57 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
low blow!
Martin, mine aint doing so hot either!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 06:34 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Martin, mine aint doing so hot either!!!
Damn man There will be better day's?? good luck to both of you, ive been out of it and missed the prob's if you guy's ever posted any!

Old 12-18-2007, 06:42 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Damn man There will be better day's?? good luck to both of you, ive been out of it and missed the prob's if you guy's ever posted any!

Hi Martin,

Really NO PROBLEMS! We just have had to wait patiently for things to come together , slowly but surely ....My engine is 90% assembled ...See you soon...By the way Kevin is harmless . I dont get intimidated easily

Old 12-18-2007, 09:11 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by topgun
By the way Kevin is harmless . I dont get intimidated easily
That's right, Tom is my brother....Just pay for your hot chocolate and nobody gets hurt

Old 12-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Awesome guy's, Tom can't wait to see the final build , god damn its been what forever?! Time fliesss

Old 12-19-2007, 04:02 AM
techlogik is on a distinguished road
It actually leaves two wheel marks.. But going around the turn, or trying to kick the back end out, it would if your car has power, but not like an E46 M3/GT2/GT3/Carrera or any car with an LSD where you would need to correct, it just did it and snapped back hard to explain. It definitely needs an LSD!
Ok, so I gather no LSD...from the two comments left.

Still would like more tecnical info on the current setup if somebody has a link.

Thanks

Old 12-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by techlogik
Ok, so I gather no LSD...from the two comments left.

Still would like more tecnical info on the current setup if somebody has a link.

Thanks
The turbo does not have an LSD from the factory, now with the 997TT it IS an option! By going RWD, I would highly recommend getting one if you wanted to utilize the car's full potential!

Old 03-20-2008, 04:16 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Do I need to remove the hub nut in order to remove the front axles and CV joints?

Old 03-20-2008, 04:20 PM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
Yup, and its torqued to 340 ft lbs.........

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=115059

Old 03-20-2008, 04:51 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
I wasn't aware of this, as the DIY really makes no mention of removing the nut, and having to have the tools to retorque the nut back to such a high value. I sure hope I can figure this out, so I can make it to the Car Show. Doh!

Old 03-20-2008, 06:11 PM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
You can remove the center cap of the wheel, put wheel back on and let car back down, then have someone hold the brakes and with a large breaker bar reef on that baby, (try not to get a hernia) just break it loose, off with the wheel, and proceed. Then when you get the inner cv loose, put nut back on losely and tap on it with a brass hammer to break loose the splines, they can be very tight or very loose, then off with the nut and the whole mess slides out.
When going back together use a large 1/2 (or 3/4) torque wrench. 340 is a ***** without a proper wrench BTW.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:35 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
Do I need to remove the hub nut in order to remove the front axles and CV joints?
No need to remove the hub nut the axles can be removed from the hub by breaking the cv joint(break the races on the bearing)and the axle wil come right out of the hub.Wear eye protection!The axles are junk anyway unless you are completely converting the front end (carriers) to rwd.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A Guide To A Rwd Conversion For The 996 Turbo