996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

RejeX vs Zaino

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 06:28 AM
mal28 is on a distinguished road
RejeX vs Zaino

Has anybody compared these 2?

can they be combined?

I Love Zaino, but am always open to something better

Old 05-23-2004, 10:55 PM
C.Plavan will become famous soon enough
I have used both and I can say that Rejex is MUCH better IMHO. I hate Zaino cuz it takes about 2 days to apply the stuff (Ok, maybe not 2 days but it takes toooooooooo loooooong). The shine is not any better that any other products I have used.
Rejex is much easier to put on, and last just as long.

Old 05-23-2004, 11:38 PM
mal28 is on a distinguished road
If you use the "acelerator" the Zaino dries in 15 min.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino

Old 05-24-2004, 03:24 AM
CarreraMark is on a distinguished road
All great stuff but none compare to the turtle ....

Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2004, 03:46 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
I need to try the rejex...I am not a fan of polymer based stuff...usually only zymol on my car

Old 05-24-2004, 09:20 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone try Pinnacle Souverän?

Old 05-24-2004, 09:59 AM
Greyghost is on a distinguished road
The best carnuba is P21S... easiest apply and removal... no caking like soveran. For long term protection and great shine go with RejeX... however on dark cars I have found that RejeX has a tendence to streak... so I top coat with P21s to even everything out and it looks hot!

Old 05-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Poursha is on a distinguished road
I prefer carnauba wax on the painted surfaces of my cars. To my eye, carnauba leaves the nicest finish, but everybody has their own favorites.

There's been a lot of talk about RejeX on the boards lately, and I've been using it on my windshield, wheels and exhaust tips for about a year now and it works great for those applications--especially on high heat surfaces like the wheels and exhaust tips, it does a great job, but I find it a lot more effort to buff off than One Grand Blitz wax.

I used Zymol for 15 years but got tired of the difficult application/removal process and poor durability, and have been using One Grand Blitz wax for a year now and am very happy with it. Goes on and off very easily--apply to entire car, then buff off--it lasts a long time, and looks great.

It could be that polymers like RejeX and Zaino last longer than carnauba, but I wax my car every few months, so I don't need something that will last 6 months (assuming the polymers really do), and I simply like the carnauba finish better. It seems to have more depth, where the polymers seem more "plastic" for lack of a better description.

Old 05-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Anyone try Pinnacle Souverän?
Yes, thats what I am using as a topper over Klasse All-In-One. Very easy to apply and remove... keep it thin as a little goes a long way.

hey Britt. FWIW... the P21s carnuba wax is supposed to be the same as the S100 carnuba that a lot of motorcycle guys use. The biggest difference is that the S100 is cheaper.

Last edited by Sloth; 05-24-2004 at 10:20 PM.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:16 AM
Bris is on a distinguished road
Greyghost,

Yours is definitely the most beautiful 996 I have ever seen.

Bris

Old 05-26-2004, 07:31 AM
dertub is on a distinguished road
I just got my Rejex and applied over my Zaino, Guards Red '02 C2 hood. It was very easy to use. I will let it in garage overnight and see how it looks tomorrow. so far, so good.

Old 05-26-2004, 07:51 AM
Dr. T will become famous soon enough
I ordered the Rejex today due to all the positive reviews here and on rennlist. I've been very happy with zaino with a top coat of p21s but if this performs as well and is easier to apply, Great!

Old 05-26-2004, 08:17 AM
PlasticMan is on a distinguished road
Eric,

I've been using Pinnacle's Souveran. I like it a lot. And I find that it's fairly easy to apply and take off. But I'm going to try a double coat of Rejex w/ my next detailing job (after I use Clay Magic to start fresh).

Old 05-26-2004, 08:57 AM
PDL996 is on a distinguished road
Eric,

I also use Pinnacle Souveran. It is a good wax and very easy
to work with. Great on black and awesome on red.

Old 05-26-2004, 09:57 AM
longhorn911 is on a distinguished road
Based on a lot of research on the net, here is the formula I have adopted for my Guards Red car:

1. Wash the wheels first! I use Sonus Gel Wheel Cleaner.
2. Next, wash the car with Sonax or Pinnacle High Gloss Shampoo and a good microfiber mitt. Dry with microfiber drying towels.
3. Remove all old wax with Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion and a microfiber pad. This strips the car back to the clearcoat and removes all surface impurities. Buff off with a good microfiber buffing cloth.
4. Clay the car with Pinnacle Poly-Clay. Rubbing the clay across the finish of the car (with a spray lubricant) removes embedded oxidation, road oils and tar, and other contaminants, leaving a super-smooth finish. Buff off with a good microfiber buffing cloth.
5. Apply Klasse All-In-One sealant with a microfiber pad. This is an acrylic sealant (not a wax) and will provide a hard, glossy, protective coat for 3-6 months. Buff off with a good microfiber buffing cloth.
6. Apply Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze with a microfiber pad. This is another (super-thin) acrylic layer that adds even more gloss to the finish. Buff off with a good microfiber buffing cloth.
7. Acrylic finishes are very glossy and shiny, but they can lack the depth of a good Carnauba wax. To address this, apply a layer of Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba wax on top of the acrylic finish with a foam pad and then buff off with a good microfiber buffing cloth. This wax adds a depth to the shine that is just gorgeous - especially on red and black cars.
8. Rejex the wheels, glass, and exhaust tips.
9. After waiting 24 hours, a second layer of Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba adds even more depth.

The results are shown on my next post on the next page. I have not tried Rejex on the paint yet, but given the number of success stories here I may give it a shot and see how it compares to the All-In-One/Pinnacle Carnauba combo...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RejeX vs Zaino