996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Questions, questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 06:33 PM
HiSide is on a distinguished road
Questions, questions...

OK, so being new to Porsches, I know nothing of what fits across years and models. So, I've got a 2002 C4S, wide body. I know the tires are 225/40-18 f, 295/30-18 R with 8x18 front rims and 10x18 rear rims and 50/65 offsets f/r... thats about the extent of what I know about the car.

1) I do like the wing on the Mk l GT3 Aero .. anyone know if either the kit or the wing will work on my 02 4s ? I'll be looking for the full body kit with side skirts and front/rear spoilers. If you know of a specific manufacturer or OEM Porsche stuff, I'd appreciate it.

2) I'll be looking for wheels and tires. I've seen that 19's will work on this car but 20's don't. I like the black centers with chrome/polished lips, like Tech Art or HRE's. I've seen tons of wheels that are 19's but different offsets.... so confused

3) Lowering ?? Just Springs, I've seen springs to lower 1".. I don't want to get $3k deep into suspension at this point.

4) ECU retune ??

5) Exhaust ??

I do like the idea of a supercharger, but I'm not yet prepared to try to pass that bill past my wife yet

Anything else you can think of, I'm open to ideas... and pics if you have them since I'm an idiot savant... without any special talents.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:40 PM
daytrader is on a distinguished road
Widebody!!! Sexiest 911 body ever. Big *** need big mod. upgrade too.

HRE's 19 should be perfect for your shoes.

GT3 Wing should do the job.

H&R springs should keep the cost down.

Upsolute or RevoTechnic for ECU reflashing. Why? Do the job and cost much less than GIAC.

Now, come exhaust. You need to know that all aftermarket brands claimed to have 15-25 HP. baloney! No seat in pants performance. Sound & weight reduction are the only things you get for the bang. At this point, you understand how it works. There are many variety of dishes for your personal taste and preference. Loud and quiet are the options. If you like loud and aggressive sound, GHL, Agency Power, Europipe, AWE. Quiet Fabspeed quiet version. Also, there are expensive brand that will do the same such as TechArt, Cargraphic, Tubi, Gembella and the ultimate Porsche PSE.

I know you didn't mention about intake. But I give it to you anyway. EVOM better quality and block out most hot air. K&N look like home made but sound good.

Plenum is another option to get some HP and smoother rev. A unit that tag along the throttle body.

When and if you want seat in pants performance that will give stock 996 TT a run for the money I suggest EVO SC with gradually power up to the top RPM. TPC SC for stop light kick in the *** performance but lose out at top end.

Good luck!

Last edited by daytrader; 11-28-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:36 PM
996c4s_dallas is on a distinguished road
Great summary!! I have PSE which sounds great! I wonder how much wight difference is between stock headers and aftermarket ones?

I was told that SC'ing the car is risky and puts a lot of strain on the stock 3.6.

Another option would be to upgrade the engine with the X51. Adds a REAL 25 hp.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HiSide
OK, so being new to Porsches, I know nothing of what fits across years and models. So, I've got a 2002 C4S, wide body. I know the tires are 225/40-18 f, 295/30-18 R with 8x18 front rims and 10x18 rear rims and 50/65 offsets f/r... thats about the extent of what I know about the car.

Those wheels sizes are from NB cars you have a WB that use the same wheels as the TURBO, 8/18f offset 40, 11/18r offset 45

1) I do like the wing on the Mk l GT3 Aero .. anyone know if either the kit or the wing will work on my 02 4s ? I'll be looking for the full body kit with side skirts and front/rear spoilers. If you know of a specific manufacturer or OEM Porsche stuff, I'd appreciate it.

No it will not fit. Mk1 Aero is for a NB car you have a WB. You nee to look at turbo aerokits.

2) I'll be looking for wheels and tires. I've seen that 19's will work on this car but 20's don't. I like the black centers with chrome/polished lips, like Tech Art or HRE's. I've seen tons of wheels that are 19's but different offsets.... so confused

Look at the wheels forum, they have threads that shows alot of wheels

3) Lowering ?? Just Springs, I've seen springs to lower 1".. I don't want to get $3k deep into suspension at this point.

If you go springs, change shocks as well. Coilover is the way to go!

4) ECU retune ??

GIAC, though you have WB car, your engine is an NB

5) Exhaust ??

PSE is very popular

I do like the idea of a supercharger, but I'm not yet prepared to try to pass that bill past my wife yet

This is the best power/$$$ mod you can do... the rest are just teases

Anything else you can think of, I'm open to ideas... and pics if you have them since I'm an idiot savant... without any special talents.
I would do suspension mods first

see above for responses

Old 11-29-2007, 08:36 AM
daytrader is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 996c4s_dallas
Great summary!! I have PSE which sounds great! I wonder how much wight difference is between stock headers and aftermarket ones?

I was told that SC'ing the car is risky and puts a lot of strain on the stock 3.6.

Another option would be to upgrade the engine with the X51. Adds a REAL 25 hp.
Stock headers vs. Fabspeed headers is not much different in weight. I do have Fabspeed in mine.

Some of the members here and Rennlist testified with their SC with very good feedbacks. There are car in the 90K miles with SC still running strong with little problem. I would say if you're going SC with better odd on your side with engine in the 20K-40K miles on the clock. And your engine has no previous major breakdown.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:34 PM
HiSide is on a distinguished road
OK, so I think I've found what I'm looking for in wheels...

So the first thing is going to be suspension to lower it 1" and 19" wheels.

Now for 19" wheels, anyone know what size tires fit ??

I've currently got 225/40-18 f and 295/30 - 18 r.

I'd like to go 305 on the rear.

I've tentatively got some 19" Oz Botticelli black/w polished lip picked out. It says on the tirerack site that the recommended tires are 225/35-19 and 305/25-19 tires but I cant seem to find the tires to match. Can anyone clue me in ?

Old 11-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HiSide
OK, so I think I've found what I'm looking for in wheels...

So the first thing is going to be suspension to lower it 1" and 19" wheels.

Now for 19" wheels, anyone know what size tires fit ??

I've currently got 225/40-18 f and 295/30 - 18 r.

I'd like to go 305 on the rear.

I've tentatively got some 19" Oz Botticelli black/w polished lip picked out. It says on the tirerack site that the recommended tires are 225/35-19 and 305/25-19 tires but I cant seem to find the tires to match. Can anyone clue me in ?
305/25 is backordered, theres is no stock in the country... noone knows when they will get them in....not even from the manufacturers.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi will become famous soon enough
buy my oz wheels and you need not worry about fitment and quality

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t=superleggera