996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Magic Wax (Mario) SUCKS!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 01:44 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Magic Wax (Mario) SUCKS!!!

After getting several recommendations, I hired Magic Wax – a well known detailer in Southern California – to detail my car. Magic Wax is run by a guy named Mario.

I spoke with Mario on Tuesday and he agreed to detail my car on Thursday. However, the weather forecast included the possibility of rain. Mario promised that, if it rained after he detailed my car, he would wax my car again after the rain ceased, before the weekend.

Thursday morning, the sky was full of clouds and I was reluctant to proceed. Mario repeated his promise that, if it rained on my car after the detail, he would wax it again before the weekend. Therefore, I allowed him to proceed. Interestingly, he detailed my car at CEC.

In order to justify the $225 fee, Mario told me that he would need over three hours to detail my car. Yet, Mario miraculously finished in under two hours.

Mario’s detail was adequate, but far from commensurate with the $225 fee. He delivered the car to me with wax build up in several areas, smudges, and various other minor flaws, some of which were fixed on the spot.

Shortly after Mario left, I discovered that he had: (1) broken both plastic pieces that covers the screws that affix the visors to the roof, and (2) broken my $300 sunglasses by cramming them in the center counsel – the frame is bent so severely that it doesn’t fit on my head. Additionally, the rain came as predicted and doused my car.

I promptly called Mario (on Thursday). I should mention here that Mario NEVER answers his cell phone. Rather, he lets all calls go to voicemail and calls back only those select few that he wants to speak with. Prior to collecting my $225, Mario was very responsive and promptly returned all my calls. That ceased after he had my money. Mario returned my first call after finishing my car – that was the last call he returned. I told Mario about the damage to my car and sunglasses, and the rain, and Mario promised to fix my car and sunglasses, and wax my car again, the next day (Friday). We set an appointment for 12:00 pm.

I called Mario Friday morning at 11:30 pm to confirm our 12:00 pm appointment. Mario didn’t return my call. 12:00 pm came and went without any word from Mario. I left 2-3 additional messages for Mario that afternoon, without response from Mario. I was steaming.

Saturday morning, I left another message for Mario, and he again declined to call me back. Then, I had my wife call him and leave a message feigning interest in hiring him, and leaving her cell phone number. Mario called my wife back within minutes. She handed the phone to me, and Mario gave me a BS line about being out of cell phone range at German Auto Fest in Ventura and unable to call me back. Of note, I was able to speak with several people by cell phone at German Auto Fest, without any diminished signal. Nevertheless, I made nice and Mario promised to wax AND fix my car, and deal with my broken sunglasses, that afternoon, between 1:00-2:00 pm. Not surprisingly, 2:00 pm came and went without word from Mario. I left a couple of messages, but Mario maintained radio silence. Thus, I was left with no alternative but to rush out Saturday late afternoon and find someone to do what I had paid Mario to do.

Now I have to go about fixing my car, and fixing my sunglasses or buying new ones. Needless to say, I will never call Mario of Magic Wax ever again. Caveat emptor.

Craig

Old 09-13-2004, 03:02 PM
Hussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really nice
Wow man that sux. You should have another one of your buddies, call him and set up a fake appointment, then show up with a baseball bat. Violence is always the answer. Just kidding.

Old 09-13-2004, 03:02 PM
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
wow, sad story, a detailer that i hired before (won't mention name)

ruined my rims on my M3, then when i asked him onetime offguard what he used, he showed me the simple green stuff, then when i said , that that stuff is like acid on my nice 18" polished wheels, he said that he uses it on all cars and no one has complained. That did not shut me up, instead if pursued it further, i called them several times, left voice mails, was about go get attorneys involved, that's when he agreed to pay for half. That half took almost 2 weeks. he would promise to show up Monday , i would not hear from him. I call him, i would block my calls, etc.
to make this story short, i would never have someone detail my car. i don't trust anyone. they don't care.
that's pure simple.

and also some detailers with high speed polishers, they spin it so fast that it might create heat buildup and damage the paint clear coat.

Old 09-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Unless you are physically unable, ALWAYS do it yourself. Sad story. Hope you get it straight with him.

Old 09-13-2004, 08:38 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
That sucks!! I have hired a few people in my past to detail my cars and was never satisfied. I have come to the conclusion that no one can do clean my car with the attention to detail and care that I do. I just do it myself.

Old 09-13-2004, 08:42 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by NoMercy
That sucks!! I have hired a few people in my past to detail my cars and was never satisfied. I have come to the conclusion that no one can do clean my car with the attention to detail and care that I do. I just do it myself.
Bill, maybe when you come to FL you can do mine???

A good high end detail shop would make out here... But with as **** as I am about it, the lazy people in this state would not work for me...

We need Andrew to open a shop here...... I know he is as **** as we are...

Old 09-13-2004, 11:00 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
have hired a few people in my past to detail my cars and was never satisfied. I have come to the conclusion that no one can do clean my car with the attention to detail and care that I do. I just do it myself.

Well said!

This guy will not get another dime from this group. That is unacceptable business practice.

Old 09-13-2004, 11:32 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by SANDOVAL
Well said!

This guy will not get another dime from this group. That is unacceptable business practice.

so true

Old 09-13-2004, 11:45 PM
mal28 is on a distinguished road
report him to the BBB and send him a link to this thread

Old 09-14-2004, 12:07 AM
Don Relentless will become famous soon enough
that sucks, is he the guy who drives the white scion xb. next time use freddy at International Detailers on the corner of Pico and Westwood, near Meridian. best detail shop anywhere on the planet.

Old 09-14-2004, 12:23 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
Bill, maybe when you come to FL you can do mine???

A good high end detail shop would make out here... But with as **** as I am about it, the lazy people in this state would not work for me...

We need Andrew to open a shop here...... I know he is as **** as we are...
Gary my brutha, The FLA is being reevaluated. Hawaii may be back on top of the list.

Old 09-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Banned
tuningwerks is on a distinguished road
Chris - I deal with CEC a lot and I'll mention this next time I'm at the office...esp. considering they are a good bulk of his business.

Sorry to hear about this, as Eric said - it's always best to do it yourself, that way you're the only one to blame

Old 09-14-2004, 02:47 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Don Relentless
that sucks, is he the guy who drives the white scion xb. next time use freddy at International Detailers on the corner of Pico and Westwood, near Meridian. best detail shop anywhere on the planet.
Thats him.

Thanks for the referral. Thats 2 mins from my office.

Craig

Old 09-14-2004, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by tuningwerks
Chris - I deal with CEC a lot and I'll mention this next time I'm at the office...esp. considering they are a good bulk of his business.
Thanks. I spoke to Albert (at CEC) today about the matter.

Craig

Old 09-14-2004, 05:34 AM
Banned
tuningwerks is on a distinguished road
the guy who drives the white scion xb
Be nice to OTHER white scion XB's!

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Magic Wax (Mario) SUCKS!!!