996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Center Console Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Question Center Console Question

Can anyone tell me how the 2 teardrop shaped trim pieces on the side of the console just under the shifter are atached?

Can you get them off without removing the console?

Thanks!

Old 03-21-2009, 08:17 PM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
I recently removed my center console, upper console, & all the trim so I could paint my center console. It's quite easy. The whole interior is like a Lego. They're clipped on, all you have to do is pull them off, but be careful not to break the tabs. This is the result of Porsche taking manufacturing advice from Toyota. A Lego interior, lol.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
HxCforlife has a spectacular aura aboutHxCforlife has a spectacular aura about
Are you painting your dash yourself? If so let me know the prep process and what kind of products you are using thinking about doing the same to mine.......

Old 03-22-2009, 09:33 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HxCforlife
Are you painting your dash yourself? If so let me know the prep process and what kind of products you are using thinking about doing the same to mine.......
Nope....I'm wrapping pieces with CF fabric.

Thanks RaphaelP.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:21 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
yes, you can just pull them....

Old 03-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Question

Thanks!

How about the small top piece just behind the console lid????

Old 03-22-2009, 05:08 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Same... just pull up....

Old 03-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Thank you!

Old 03-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Malakas is on a distinguished road
It take a little bit of force - but one swift pull, and they should all just "pop" out. The piece behind the console lid will come out with the console I believe...