996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

In the footsteps of giants - VF Supercharger Install

Old 11-27-2010, 05:14 PM
turbotoys1 is on a distinguished road
keep us up to speed i want to c this one done

Old 11-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
In case anyone is interested, I did a little DIY on my blog for the MK1 996 GT3 Aero kit wing, aka the "Taco Wing"...

http://http://emeraldapple.wordpress...996-taco-wing/

Cheers
Aaron

Old 11-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Have you decided on your gauges yet?

On my previous Vortech'ed car, I used the Zeitronix w/ LCD display and it worked very well.

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm

Old 11-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
I actually have decided to go with an Autometer Ultralite vac/boost gauge. I picked up an extra driver's side a-pillar and I'll be molding a gauge pod into it, wrapping it with leather, then using the dye I have to make it match my Graphite Grey. Trying to make it look at "stock" as possible...

This is the one I got: http://www.amazon.com/Auto-Meter-437.../dp/B000CIH74C

Cheers
Aaron

Old 11-29-2010, 06:24 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

I wouldn't be worried about watching boost with a SC....

What you need to keep an eye on is the A/F ratio with some data logging.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:30 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Yes AF ratio is what will keep your motor in tact, boost should only change if you pop a hose connector off and then it will go down not up.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
You should be worried about either unless you put 87 in your tank lol. VF has probably 500 of these cars worldwide. The tuned file is well proven. If you want, you can pick up a Durametric kit and randomly datalog your car once and a while. Other option is install a Brockway R1000 or a AEM Uego.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Agreed. I'm considering an AFR gauge as well. The vac/boost gauge was more for checking initial leaks than in driving monitoring as I'll use the Durametric data logging for that purpose.

Trying to do gauge additions without getting into a silly rice look. Not easy you know!

Cheers
Aaron

Last edited by Purplxd; 11-29-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:15 PM
cdaniels is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to the results...good luck.....

Old 11-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi all,

Just a quick update... My SC has been delivered and I'm going to pick it up tomorrow as my new exhaust is coming in tomorrow and would rather just get it all in one trip.

Today I got some basics done, will see if I get some more time to tackle a few more things on the task list.
  1. Removed the K&N Intake
  2. Removed the Teq Rollbar and GT3 seats
  3. Jacked the car higher
  4. Removed the wheels

Cheers
Aaron

Attached Images    
Old 11-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Cant wait to see pics!

Old 11-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Cool

Wait.....what'd I miss?

Why did you remove the roll bar and seats?????

Originally Posted by Purplxd
Hi all,

Just a quick update... .
  1. Removed the K&N Intake
  2. Removed the Teq Rollbar and GT3 seats
  3. Jacked the car higher
  4. Removed the wheels
Cheers
Aaron

Old 11-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Well for a few reasons...

I'm installing some Rennline brackets to be able to use clip-on/off 5-point harnesses. It makes life a lot easier when I get to the point where I need to climb back there to change the ECU, and I'm going to be installing a few gauges to monitor things so I need to pull some panels on the driver's side to run wires.

All these things are impossible or much easier without the bar and seats installed. Will probably take some time when all is done to do a detailed cleanup of the carpets, etc too while its all apart.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 12-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Quick teaser... The kit is in the back of my Touareg... Pictures soon to follow.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 12-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Hybrid will become famous soon enoughHybrid will become famous soon enough
Way cool thread!

Congratulations on the decision to supercharge. I'm new and don't know how to post pictures, but my garage has a dyno from my VFE supercharged 3.6. You can see it at https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...94-Hybrid.html. Please excuse the torque/speed, the RPM lead was loose...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: In the footsteps of giants - VF Supercharger Install