996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

\ VF-Engineering: 470hp 996 /

Old 10-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Former Vendor
VF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the rough
We don't have any dynos for the 3.4 SC...yet.

Hopefully you'd like to do one?

Old 10-16-2012, 06:56 PM
MadeInPorshe will become famous soon enoughMadeInPorshe will become famous soon enough
Hey Toby,

I was wondering if it was possible to do a retuned reflash on the ECU?
I have full header to exhaust mod, and running meth, I dynoed the car again today for fun at my friends shop and made 394WHP!!!

Anyways with or without meth the AFR is pretty much the same, its curves down really rich mid rpm band @ 9:6 then rises up to really lean on the top end at redline 12:2.

Was it possible if i sent in my ECU to have it run abit more lean mid band but have it more rich on the top end?

Or any other suggestions?

Old 10-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Former Vendor
VF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the rough
We don't offer custom tuning. We only flash our basic performance files for each supercharger system we offer.

I suggest sending an email to technical@vf-engineering.com with a copy of your dyno and see if they have any thoughts.

Originally Posted by MadeInPorshe
Hey Toby,

I was wondering if it was possible to do a retuned reflash on the ECU?
I have full header to exhaust mod, and running meth, I dynoed the car again today for fun at my friends shop and made 394WHP!!!

Anyways with or without meth the AFR is pretty much the same, its curves down really rich mid rpm band @ 9:6 then rises up to really lean on the top end at redline 12:2.

Was it possible if i sent in my ECU to have it run abit more lean mid band but have it more rich on the top end?

Or any other suggestions?

Old 10-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Former Vendor
Check out our new updates!
http://vf-engineering.com/carrera-996/

Special forum pricing available thru Vivid Racing here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...earance-9.html

Old 10-31-2012, 07:01 PM
Doug996InKC will become famous soon enoughDoug996InKC will become famous soon enough
Ordered it today.

I'll be scheduling a baseline dyno with a shop in Kansas City in the next few weeks. I have a remanufactured engine (non-servicable IMS, well, unless you want to split the case) with approximately 28k miles. New plugs installed 1000 miles ago. Naturally aspirated, it's running strong. Besides Fabspeed mufflers and Evoms CAI, I think my 3.4 will be a good representation of a baseline dyno for 3.4L generation 1 996s. I plan to do the install myself. I'll create a new thread dedicated to the install.

Last edited by Doug996InKC; 11-15-2012 at 11:00 PM. Reason: reman engine mileage and spark plug mileage correction
Old 10-31-2012, 07:19 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Doug996InKC
Ordered it today.

I'll be scheduling a baseline dyno with a shop in Kansas City in the next few weeks. I have a remanufactured engine (non-servicable IMS, well, unless you want to split the case) with approximately 40k miles. New plugs installed 500 miles ago. Naturally aspirated, it's running strong. Besides Fabspeed mufflers and Evoms airbox, I think my 3.4 will be a good representation of a baseline dyno for 3.4L generation 1 996s. I plan to do the install myself. I'll create a new thread dedicated to the install.
Excellent. I'll be very curious at the results. Interesting that the SC Kit has the same torque rating for both 3.4 and 3.6 motors...

Old 11-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Former Vendor
Thank you! I'm glad Vivid Racing was able to provide your kit!

Originally Posted by Doug996InKC
Ordered it today.

I'll be scheduling a baseline dyno with a shop in Kansas City in the next few weeks. I have a remanufactured engine (non-servicable IMS, well, unless you want to split the case) with approximately 40k miles. New plugs installed 500 miles ago. Naturally aspirated, it's running strong. Besides Fabspeed mufflers and Evoms airbox, I think my 3.4 will be a good representation of a baseline dyno for 3.4L generation 1 996s. I plan to do the install myself. I'll create a new thread dedicated to the install.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Doug996InKC will become famous soon enoughDoug996InKC will become famous soon enough
This thread contains results from my dyno session (3.4 liter engine before SC installation):
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3692901

BTW, VF, do you have a ship date yet?

Old 11-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Former Vendor
Very nice! Glad you got your baseline dyno.

I would ask Vivid Racing for an updated ETA. All we can say as the manufacturer is that things are on schedule and no delays have happened with your kit in particular.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Former Vendor
Happy New Year everyone!

Thanks for your patience while we were out of the office.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:19 PM
nnsixx is on a distinguished road
I had the VF Vortech supercharger on my c4****il my intermediate shaft broke. Loved it. Dynoed on 4 wheel mustang at about 400hp and 295tq

Old 01-04-2013, 11:12 PM
spenat is on a distinguished road
was excited about one of these until I read "not for use on california roads"

bummer

Old 01-05-2013, 10:37 AM
bornrich is on a distinguished road
Yea those of us in California have to suffer the wrath of CARB. We don't get to enjoy what others can have to have cleaner air.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:48 AM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
What pulley is the SC running off of? I have a crank under drive pulley. Do I need to go back to stock pulley?
Thanks.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:10 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bornrich
Yea those of us in California have to suffer the wrath of CARB. We don't get to enjoy what others can have to have cleaner air.
Maybe in the automotive world but I'd gladly trade carb restrictions for the warmer weather out there. We got snow and salt which equals 3 season cars and rust here. So quit your *****in.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: \ VF-Engineering: 470hp 996 /