997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Buy Now Or Wait?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 09:27 AM
SKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to all
Buy Now Or Wait?

I am caught in the Porsche continuning model release time decision. I want a new Turbo but do I order now or wait for the "New" generation model.
I went through this in 1986, I just took delivery of a new Targa and then they introduce the Turbo, so I traded in the Targa and got the Turbo. Now I have a 09 C4S and want to get a Turbo. I visited Hennessy Porsche in Atlanta, a Premier dealer, and they said I might be able to find an unsold 2011 or order a 2012 in a few months.
They expect the new generation Turbo to be available one to two years after the new generation non-turbo models. Probably in 2014.
The "itch" just won't go away.
Appreciate your input.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:24 PM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
Seems pretty simple to me. Get yourself an early 997 Turbo. Drive it and enjoy it. Your itch won't just go away. There is going to be a significant amount of time until the new one comes out. Plan it out with your dealership. Seems like you buy new or newer cars so chances are that you are familiar with your dealership. Trade in your C4S, get a Turbo they have in stock, and get on the new Turbo waiting list. They will be happy to be a part of all three transactions.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:25 AM
mikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the rough
YOU CAN ORDER A 2012 RIGHT NOW. there are allocations available at all dealerships large enough to have them, and hennesey certainly does. I ordered a 2012 TTs two months ago.

My take; get one now. Two, three years..get another

Old 04-14-2011, 01:27 PM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
Can you really wait that long? We live once, so go for it.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:50 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Bingo.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:12 PM
HPFMTRE will become famous soon enoughHPFMTRE will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AlexM
Thats what im thinking. I say go for it.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:17 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Dive in head first...

I love spending other peoples money

Old 04-14-2011, 11:45 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Get one now and enjoy. I will still be a few years before the new turbo has all the kinks worked out and by that time who know's what will happen.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:46 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Ha Ha ... same boat as I am in. I say go for it (although I did not ... atleast for the time being.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:16 AM
number 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to behold
If the next turbo is a '14 it will start to be available in maybe 30 months. First ones will go to "friends", and maybe have premiums added to price, etc... So in pratical terms, I think min 36 months+. For me, much too long, that's why I bot a '10 as soon as it was available. And, prehaps, 997.2 tt might go down as best every made, who knows?

Old 04-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by number 3
And, prehaps, 997.2 tt might go down as best every made, who knows?
this is why i am waiting to see the 2011 turbo i built.

i think it will go down as the best turbo of the driveable old style interior versions.

the 991 is doing to the interior of these things what the 996 did to the engines - at least imo.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Jeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of light
Get one now, who know's what will happen 3 years from now, you're health could fail or worse. The 997.2 is a sensational car.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:53 PM
knicks will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AlexM
Exactly. Why wait? You know you're going to regret not getting one while you're waiting.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:11 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
the 991 is doing to the interior of these things what the 996 did to the engines - at least imo.

i am throwing this part of my comment out there again.

frankly i like this "old" style of the 911 interior but perhaps the market will embrace the next really fundamental change to the model?

i think the 997 with full leather is a beautiful and simple interpretation of that original long simple dash look that started decades ago. it is clean, has everything in arms reach and is easy to understand.

i think it might be a debate worth a thread?

Old 04-17-2011, 09:33 AM
llngoc is on a distinguished road
It is interesting to find that everyone seems to like the current 997.2 interior. I was in the same boat just 3-4 months ago, I was going to wait for the new 991 but saw the pics of the new interior and ended up ordering the 997.2 TTS now. The new interior is too much of a Panamera and it just looks out of place in a sports car. The same goes with the new Cayenne, we have the "old" Cayenne now and we actually like the look of the new ones (except the back, which looks too busy with both the PORSCHE and Cayenne designation but I guess you can always remove one of them) but the interior was such a turnoff. I figured that most driver spends most of his/her time inside the car, so the interior has to be something to his/her liking.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buy Now Or Wait?