997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Mobridge Bluetooth & Ipod: Actual Users' Experience?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
The only reports we had over the years on static was from the aux inputs, and a simple ground fault isolator solved that one. No issues like that from standard ipod cable or connection.

Bluetooth streaming on the Dension is fine and should give you very close to what you'd have with iPod direct connection. Have you tried an alternate phone/device to see if it's the same? Happy to help our customers anytime - just email me.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:38 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Eric makes a good point - I've tried only Apple based products, and don't have access to other brands - every seems to have iPhones where I work. Apple has notoriously bad behaving Bluetooth protocols.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:55 PM
OneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud ofOneFasTT997 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
The only reports we had over the years on static was from the aux inputs, and a simple ground fault isolator solved that one. No issues like that from standard ipod cable or connection.

Bluetooth streaming on the Dension is fine and should give you very close to what you'd have with iPod direct connection. Have you tried an alternate phone/device to see if it's the same? Happy to help our customers anytime - just email me.
It was my 08 and it happens no matter which connection method is used.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:20 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
I was thinking about doing a Dension or a Mobridge for bluetooth and iPod interface. Instead, I decided to get rid of the crappy PCM2.1 navigation all together and went with a JVC KW-NT800HDT. This is a 7.1" navigation screen with iPod, Bluetooth, A2DP streaming, etc. This particular unit has an SSD, so startup times are lightning fast (faster than even the iDrive in my 2012 M3). Has a great POI interface, lifetime traffic, etc. Computation time is very good, for changing routes, etc.

So far, the navigation is really good, and the bluetooth quality is fantastic. It is, at least subjectively, at least as good as the factory bluetooth in my M3, which is saying something because the Porsche is a significantly louder car.

I had a couple of quirks, first the JVC doesn't like the speed signal the MOST-HUR puts out (Pioneer decks are compatible, but not the JVC) but I just updated the firmware and disconnected the signal and it works fine. Also, my MOST-HUR was set too loud and I got some alternator noise and white noise but only between songs. I adjusted it, thanks emails from Loi at Eurospeed Motorsports, and it is solved.

I did the install myself, with the Eurospeed Motorsports kit and I was totally thrilled, very easy install. Definitely time consuming but fun. I ended up spending $800 for the install kit and $800 for the deck off Amazon. Ended up spending a little more than the options that integrate with the factory head unit, but ended up with a *much* nicer navigation system. Also, album art and full integration with my iPhone should I so desire, rather than a crappy interface shoehorned into the CD changer controls.

Attached Images  
Old 06-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Goldduster is on a distinguished road
Looks OEM great!!! Any issues with the PCM gone; does everything work on the dials and did you have any controls (volume, etc) on the steering wheel?

Old 06-28-2012, 10:16 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Goldduster
Looks OEM great!!! Any issues with the PCM gone; does everything work on the dials and did you have any controls (volume, etc) on the steering wheel?
My car doesn't have steering wheel controls, but you can make them work, with an Alpine or Kenwood deck.

Everything else works fine.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:53 AM
Winnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kitw
Also, my MOST-HUR was set too loud and I got some alternator noise and white noise but only between songs. I adjusted it, thanks emails from Loi at Eurospeed Motorsports, and it is solved.
This is basically the problem with mobridge, what did you do to adjust this? An adjustment on the JVC unit or in the car?

Old 06-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Winnilaker
This is basically the problem with mobridge, what did you do to adjust this? An adjustment on the JVC unit or in the car?
On the MOST-HUR, you connect a USB cable directly to it and adjust the volume. I don't know if the Mobridge has adjustable gain. It wasn't with the deck or car.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:06 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kitw
I was thinking about doing a Dension or a Mobridge for bluetooth and iPod interface. Instead, I decided to get rid of the crappy PCM2.1 navigation all together and went with a JVC KW-NT800HDT. This is a 7.1" navigation screen with iPod, Bluetooth, A2DP streaming, etc. This particular unit has an SSD, so startup times are lightning fast (faster than even the iDrive in my 2012 M3). Has a great POI interface, lifetime traffic, etc. Computation time is very good, for changing routes, etc.
Very nicely done - congrats. This Ipod/bluetooth issue is a PITA for sure - unfortunately I need the phone function and love the Ipod function so there is no way around it. With respect to replacing the PCM with JVC, don't you miss some important functions of the stock PCM when you do this? I don't have manual with me (anyone correct me as needed), but isn't the default temp of the car's climate system set with the PCM? I think some setting of TPMS burried in the menu somewhere too?

Last edited by cannga; 06-29-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by cannga
Very nicely done - congrats. This Ipod/bluetooth issue is a PITA for sure - unfortunately I need the phone function and love the Ipod function so there is no way around it. With respect to replacing the PCM with JVC, don't you miss some important functions of the stock PCM when you do this? I don't have manual with me (anyone correct me as needed), but isn't the default temp of the car's climate system set with the PCM? I think some setting of TPMS burried in the menu somewhere too?
You can set the memory of the climate control system prior to removing the old PCM. I never used it, I wanted the car to remember where I had it when I left it, so I didn't use that anyway.

TPMS can all be done through the gauge menu, no problem.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:27 AM
michelin is on a distinguished road
Hi Guys,
I've recently got my mObridge working again with the 1.9.4 software update. It has been out of service for some time.
Quick question. Why doesn't the system remember the last song you were playing before you disconnect the iPhone from the connector?
It's quite annoying having to go through my playlists again!
Cheers

Old 08-21-2013, 01:38 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by michelin
Hi Guys,
I've recently got my mObridge working again with the 1.9.4 software update. It has been out of service for some time.
Quick question. Why doesn't the system remember the last song you were playing before you disconnect the iPhone from the connector?
It's quite annoying having to go through my playlists again!
Cheers
If you disconnect the ipod from the car, I don't believe there is any system that would remember the last song played, no?

Old 08-21-2013, 02:20 PM
michelin is on a distinguished road
Dension does.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by michelin
Dension does.
You mean if you remove Ipod from Dension and re-plug it later it remembers the last song? Are you sure about this, if so that's great!

Ok so MoBridge might have been a minor mistake on my part. Thought I did my research carefully but clever salesmen took me straight down the garden path.

Kidding aside, MoBridge is still in my car and the phone function is still a perfect 10. The audio function used to be an 8 for the beep, but you really don't hear it much and it ceases to bother me, so now it's a 9 :-). The quality of the audio itself is fantastic as long as you use loss-less conversion. I am so afraid of my car's temperamental electronics that I am probably stuck with it forever.

Last edited by cannga; 08-24-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Not that anyone may care since I seem to be the only one on the forum with this MoBridge system , but I have some screen shots, might as well post.

Below is screen displaying "London Calling," first screen shows how you could play througth Playlist, or Album, or Artist, etc. Third shot shows phone number, which has continued to function flawlessly with OEM like voice quality, with both Samsung Epic 4G and Samsung Galaxy SIII.

Once every few months I still get an error message about not being able to find CD Changer, but extremely rarely so and error message easily clicked away.

Attached Images    

Last edited by cannga; 09-03-2013 at 12:23 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mobridge Bluetooth & Ipod: Actual Users' Experience?