997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Mobridge Bluetooth & Ipod: Actual Users' Experience?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 04:58 PM
djben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond repute
I threw in the towel on my mObridge last week.

I ordered the brand new Kenwood DNN990HD (wifi-enabled receiver), Double-DIN dash + Most-HUR 997 kit, and Kenwood CMOS-300 backup camera.

Vendor sent wrong receiver so hopefully the right one gets here by Friday...

Never hooked anything like this up before but hopefully it isn't too bad. After my spark plug change / broken bolt nightmare I think anything will be a cake walk

Last edited by djben; 09-03-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Winnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura about
I gave up on mObridge as well. Can't help with the camera but the rest was pretty easy. Routing gps and xm through dash was pretty simple as well.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:25 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
^^^djben/winnilaker, best of luck with your install and congrats.

Now I really feel like the last man standing at the Mobridge Alamo.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:26 PM
djben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cannga
^^^djben/winnilaker, best of luck with your install and congrats.

Now I really feel like the last man standing at the Mobridge Alamo.
I just finished my install. Nicely wired GPS under the plastic part just up from the hood, bluetooth mic wired up the A-Pillar, and backup camera all hooked up and I didn't even have to remove the bumper. LOTS of wires and it took a while mainly because I was a first-timer with this sort of thing.

I hope someone roots my receiver soon so I can get other apps. It does come with plenty from the factory though

Old 12-17-2014, 09:51 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
I just updated my Mobridge "experience" on first page of this thread, for those who might be interested as an alternative to other choices available on market. Bottom line after a few years: not perfect, but very much useful.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Goldduster is on a distinguished road
Thanks to Cannga - I now know why I haven't gotten any response from them regarding my inability to pair my 3 year old Mobridge unit with my new IPhone 6. I'm frustrated in that they won't pair and have yet to decide how I want to handle it. Guess I'll probably go with Eric at Bumperplug, but not till after the Holidays when I'll have more disposable income to do it. I'm sorry I didn't go with Eric in the first place - he is always responsive and helpful. Even with other peoples products.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Zelig is on a distinguished road
Had a Mobridge installed in my 997 and it wouldn't pair reliably with my Samsung phone. Mobridge was hard to reach but said they had an issue with Samsung. Dealer refunded my money. This was several years ago.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:47 PM
wwd10 is on a distinguished road
Hi, my mobridge unit has stopped working. It's an M2 pro. Can someone please tell me if when the unit has power it should emmit a fiber optic light out? I think it shouls? Obviously to view this you have to unplug the fiber optic. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Goldduster
Thanks to Cannga - I now know why I haven't gotten any response from them regarding my inability to pair my 3 year old Mobridge unit with my new IPhone 6. I'm frustrated in that they won't pair and have yet to decide how I want to handle it. Guess I'll probably go with Eric at Bumperplug, but not till after the Holidays when I'll have more disposable income to do it. I'm sorry I didn't go with Eric in the first place - he is always responsive and helpful. Even with other peoples products.
Sorry I didn't see this until now; I stopped following the forum for periods of time. Yep Cartronics has disappeared from the face of the earth; don't bother.

Just want to update that I recently switched to Iphone 6 Plus and it pairs easily without any difficulty with my now 4 years old or so Mobridge. Otherwise nothing new, still working, still functional. The phone voice quality is exceptional (OEM like) and the faint beep is still there for ipod. Address book is clunky (frequent phone numbers should be stored as: aaa-CirclePorsche so that it appears first). Ipod playlist and function not perfect but acceptable.

I will soldier on and plan to remain as the single Mobridge user on this forum .

Last edited by cannga; 03-06-2016 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
My Mobridge M2 Pro works great. One trick that I use for the phonebook in the PCM unit is to sync only favorites. That way you just get what you want and you don't have to modify the listings.

Old 03-07-2016, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Dennis C
My Mobridge M2 Pro works great. One trick that I use for the phonebook in the PCM unit is to sync only favorites. That way you just get what you want and you don't have to modify the listings.
How do you do this please?

1. Favorites as in gmail contacts that are STARRED?

2. How do sync only favorites with the Mobridge? My Mobridge only has "Important Numbers" and that doesn't sync at all. The whole phone book is sync'ed and I am not given a choice with my Mobridge.

Old 03-07-2016, 04:04 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I can only tell you how to do this with an iPhone. I'm not sure of the procedure with other devices.

In the iPhone, the pathway that I use is: Settings>Bluetooth>M2.Pro 43>Information

Once you are in the individual settings for the Mobridge unit, there are several check boxes. Mine is set up to sync contacts. Below that, it is set to sync "phone favorites" and "phone recents". The "all contacts" group is unchecked. This allows the unit to sync the phone favorites only and ignore the rest of the phonebook. You can customize your phone favorites and that is what you will see on your PCM screen. I think that the maximum that the PCM unit allows is 150 entries.

Once this is done, you can customize the PCM unit to add your "Important Numbers" I put my home, my wife, my kids, etc. in this section.

Hope this helps!

Old 03-08-2016, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by Dennis C
I can only tell you how to do this with an iPhone. I'm not sure of the procedure with other devices.

In the iPhone, the pathway that I use is: Settings>Bluetooth>M2.Pro 43>Information

Once you are in the individual settings for the Mobridge unit, there are several check boxes. Mine is set up to sync contacts. Below that, it is set to sync "phone favorites" and "phone recents". The "all contacts" group is unchecked. This allows the unit to sync the phone favorites only and ignore the rest of the phonebook. You can customize your phone favorites and that is what you will see on your PCM screen. I think that the maximum that the PCM unit allows is 150 entries.

Once this is done, you can customize the PCM unit to add your "Important Numbers" I put my home, my wife, my kids, etc. in this section.

Hope this helps!

Yes it helps a lot - thank you!! I didn't even know this is an option in the iphone.

To answer my own question regarding "Favorites": That's not Gmail's "starred" contacts, but the iphone's "favorite" assignment users could assign to any Iphone's contact entry, right?

Old 03-08-2016, 04:29 PM
Correct

Old 06-09-2016, 11:28 AM
zonnie is on a distinguished road
damnit i just read thru 6 pages...

I have a 2008 cayenne s and i just installed catronics itronics with mobridge component

the unit pairs with my iphone 6 and the phone integration is good. everything works. obviously its not as crisp as speaking on the phone but for bluetooth phone integration its good.

the problem is I have this faint beeping/white noise/ static noise when using aux or ipod source

its soo annoying damnit.. and i cant stream bluetooth for some reason even with source is selected at a2dp. however the phone bluetooth works great just no media playback

so I was like hey if the phone works i can put up with using aux cord..but the aux has that BEEPING noise.. ffs.. 6 pages of reading i guess there is no solution..

someone had luck using this
Amazon.com: PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5-mm Ground Loop Noise Isolator Works with iPod/Zune/iRiver and Others: Automotive Amazon.com: PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5-mm Ground Loop Noise Isolator Works with iPod/Zune/iRiver and Others: Automotive

thoughts?