997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Fuel Stabalizer's for Long Term Storage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 05:56 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Fuel Stabalizer's for Long Term Storage

Guys - What kind of fuel stabalizer's are you using for Long Term Storage on your 997TT's? I just got the CTEK for the battery, and am concerned about the gas in the tank for the winter months. Any thoughts, suggestions or guidance on storing for the winter would be great. Too much salt on the road to take her out often. Thanks!

Old 12-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Jeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of light
I use Stabil, seems to do the job.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:02 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Startron.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:58 PM
BigBen97 is a jewel in the roughBigBen97 is a jewel in the roughBigBen97 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Jeff C
I use Stabil, seems to do the job.
2nd, same here

Old 12-14-2013, 09:15 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
What's the best way to get it into the tank? I tried with a syringe and it reacts with the rubber in the plunger and makes it very difficult to push the syringe in as it expands a little. Probably best with a funnel or something similar I suppose.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Get an empty plastic bottle put the amount you need and pour it in. You don't need to be that accurate anyway. I kept one of the bottles and pour the recommended amount in and keep it in the car when I know I am going to fill up gas that day

Old 12-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Bogg
What's the best way to get it into the tank? I tried with a syringe and it reacts with the rubber in the plunger and makes it very difficult to push the syringe in as it expands a little. Probably best with a funnel or something similar I suppose.

Funnel with a long fill tube that will fit into the fuel opening works best. Stabil suggests you add stabilizer and then fill up for improved mixing. I use Stabil with the Ethenol treament additive.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:43 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys! Question - why would a funnel be needed though? Doesn't the bottle of Sta-Bil allow you to pour in directly from it without use of a funnel?

Spoke to my buddy who stores his collection long term (GT2RS, 997.2 GT3RS, Ferrari's and collector Corvettes) and he said Sta-Bil is not necessary really for short term (several months) storage like what I will be doing. The CTEK is enough. He says the sta-Bil is best for cars with carburators. It won't hurt to use it, but just isn't necessary he says.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:12 AM
Read up on startron.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:01 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boochook
Thanks guys! Question - why would a funnel be needed though? Doesn't the bottle of Sta-Bil allow you to pour in directly from it without use of a funnel?

Spoke to my buddy who stores his collection long term (GT2RS, 997.2 GT3RS, Ferrari's and collector Corvettes) and he said Sta-Bil is not necessary really for short term (several months) storage like what I will be doing. The CTEK is enough. He says the sta-Bil is best for cars with carburators. It won't hurt to use it, but just isn't necessary he says.
Try pouring it in from the bottle and if it doesn't spill let me know the secret, lol.