997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Question to the people who track their cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 05:01 PM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
Question to the people who track their cars

I currently have a 1/2 hood & fender clear bra on my car, after the first event I have done (Monday) my hood has a ton of "marks" on it, so my question to you guys is what do you do to protect it?

Thanks in advance

Old 10-14-2015, 06:52 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
You can always use painters tape on the exposed areas if you are concerned about chips and things.

Other options are to be out in front of everyone and be the guy kicking up the debris

Old 10-14-2015, 07:20 PM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
That's not a bad idea, not really a huge area to tape up. I was thinking maybe a full hood wrap. It was another 997 in front of me, couldn't get around him. I guess next time I'll have to be in 1st. lol!

Old 10-15-2015, 07:20 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
XPel Ultimate - front bumper, hood, front fenders, side skirts and rear wheel arches and rear fenders. Otherwise you will need a respray after a while. XPel is self healing and is guaranteed not to yellow or discolor at all for 10 years.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:25 AM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Cover as much as possible if you track, everywhere accept hood and rear bumper. Apply wax prior to events makes it easier to remove debris. Use this to clean rubber of paint

http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-rubber-remover.html

Old 10-15-2015, 03:34 PM
mavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of light
Someone on another forum was selling a low-tack tape that was a clear alternative to the blue painters tape some people use. I bought a roll and used it on my Lotus at the track. Even though I had clear bra, I actually still put it on top of the clear bra, particularly in high impact areas. The rear quarter panels in front of the rear tires get badly abused, and the factory clear bra on my Exige got torn to shreds in just a few track days. This tape was great. From a distance, you could barely tell it was there, so track photos looked great. Up close it was noticeable, but it did a great job protecting everything. At the end of the day, I just peeled it all up and threw it away - rubber marks, bugs, dust and all, leaving the paint and clear bra perfect underneath. Check out trakktape.com. No affiliation - just a satisfied customer.

Old 10-17-2015, 04:05 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
There is a high build paint on product that easily peels off. Tried to google it, but not finding the stuff.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:05 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kricci
You can always use painters tape on the exposed areas if you are concerned about chips and things.

Other options are to be out in front of everyone and be the guy kicking up the debris
That only works till you start lapping people.....