997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Kudos to SambyDesign: COBB Stg 2 + Kline Inconel headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 01:35 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Kudos to SambyDesign: COBB Stg 2 + Kline Inconel headers

The Situation
Had been running FVD's Level 2 tune with 3.0 bar boost pressure sensors with great success (strong pull across the rpm curve, consistent performance and incredibly reliable) however increased track appearances presented two challenges, (1) need for data logging functionality at the track and (2) I wanted to revert back to my stock boost pressure sensors as my dealer techs had started to comment on the bracket fabricated to adapt the 3.0 bar sensors to my car (the different style boost sensors where covered in a previous post https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ck-review.html). More track time = more dealer service visits (brake pads, tires, oil changes etc.)

Solution
: COBB For data logging, the COBB Accessport v3 really can't be beat. It's customizable gauges provide real time readouts while a bevy of information is logged in the background for further, more in-depth analysis.

From a performance standpoint, COBB's Stage 2 tune has been magnificent. Frankly the OTS Stg 2 map was pretty much close to perfect, however upon reviewing select data logs, Sam felt he could extract a bit more boost/power at my current modifications (100 cell cat exhaust, IPD plenum and headers) so he dialed it up a bit. Mitch chipped in all the way from London, concured with Sam's recommendation and I had a custom file turned around in under 24 hrs (Sam & Mitch make a fantastic team!) ahead of my Poconos PCA HPDE event, where the car performed flawlessly.

Kline Inconel Headers

Speaking of my increased track appearances, those of us who track our cars know how hot the hardware around the turbos get over two days of racing (average of four sessions per day). Managing EGT was a goal and Inconel headers fit the bill. Inconel 625
is a nickel-chromium-based super alloy which has great thermal properties (e.g., solid strength at extreme temperatures, resistant to oxidization and corrosion and most importantly cools quickly). As an added benefit they are lighter than the stock headers. Finally, as an added bonus the sound of the Europipe exhaust was also accentuated, sort of a deeper more pronounced gurgle and GT3-eske wail at WOT!!

Going in, I was fully aware that at my HP levels the incremental HP/power from the headers would be minimal-to-negligable, this was a mod done primarily for the thermal properties, slightly faster spool and sound benefits...

Kudos to Sam for his excellent customer service, to Mitch for chiming in from across the pond (these guys make a great team) and Kline for a great product. Can't forget Chris who put me in touch with the COBB family, excellent results all around!! More fun at the track, Watkins Glen International on deck at the end of the month...

COBB Accessport (data logging made easy)
Name:  COBB%20APv3_zpspngg8gcx.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  202.0 KB

Kline Inconel Headers
Name:  Inconel%202_zpsbtt8rcyc.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  232.6 KB

Name:  Inconel%201_zps5uzjsv7n.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  217.5 KB

Last edited by akunob; 07-04-2016 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Can't go wrong with SAM or Mitch...that's a fact!

Old 07-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Yep. Sam is legit!

Old 07-05-2016, 07:10 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Thanks for the awesome review bud. It was really great working with you and a pleasure to be able to help out. You know your car well and what you needed from it so it was a nice challenge to us. Big thanks to the whole team and we will continue to dial you in!

Cheers guys!

Old 07-06-2016, 06:15 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Obie, we have to connect soon.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:08 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Can't go wrong with SAM or Mitch...that's a fact!
True fact, Sam and Mitch are an amazing team! Sam knows these cars inside out, and I swear I don't know when Mitch finds time to sleep (the guy is always working).

Originally Posted by FNG
Yep. Sam is legit!
Legit is correct! Sam read my logs and immediately made the right recommendation to optimize it. The guy is an amazing protuner...a maestro!

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Thanks for the awesome review bud. It was really great working with you and a pleasure to be able to help out. You know your car well and what you needed from it so it was a nice challenge to us. Big thanks to the whole team and we will continue to dial you in!

Cheers guys!
Sam working with you was fantastic, I really enjoyed our conversations. Getting the revised file/map in time for my Pocono event was simply great service. Your knowledge of these cars is truly outstanding! Thanks again.

Originally Posted by Stage7
Congrats Obie, we have to connect soon.
That's for sure! Your carmine red 991 TTS is currently the gold standard!! Man that car's got me thinking...if I wasn't enjoying my 997 at the track so much hmmm...

Old 07-07-2016, 08:46 PM
kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !
love my headers too! thanks sam!

Old 07-07-2016, 09:48 PM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
+1 on Sam with all my mods. Good to know he has lots of customers. With the support I got, I felt like I was the only customer.

I'm only half way with my mods so more to come.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kbhaw
love my headers too! thanks sam!
Thanks bud!

Originally Posted by au2bahn
+1 on Sam with all my mods. Good to know he has lots of customers. With the support I got, I felt like I was the only customer.

I'm only half way with my mods so more to come.
Damn, that was poetic lol. Thank you!

Old 07-07-2016, 10:06 PM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
Hahaha.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:34 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
How much do those headers run for the 997.1TT?

Old 07-11-2016, 10:18 AM
Former Vendor
Feel free to reach out Johnny! I'll do my best to help you organize what you need and take care of you.