997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

About 07 997TT fault code p0021

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 11:13 PM
gybmw will become famous soon enoughgybmw will become famous soon enough
About 07 997TT fault code p0021

Hello, I have a 997TT that came to the United States in 2007. It has 46800km in Taiwan. At present, it is checked that the engine lights up with the fault code p0021. The fault code cannot be deleted, but the vehicle is not moving any differently. It is very doubtful. Do you request advanced help? Can share any experience or solution is currently very helpless Thank you

Old 06-23-2018, 09:14 AM
lliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud of
If you do some googling you will find information about this code. It has to do with the variocams on the car, and could be different things, with a great variance in cost to repair.

As will all things, your best bet is to go from least expensive to most expensive solutions and the way to gather that information is to research the issue.

To get you started, look at this thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...cel-p0021.html

I have read a variety of posts about this issue, it can be a serious issue and should be addressed.

Good luck!

Ed

Old 06-24-2018, 09:21 AM
Thank you, after reading all the articles
I am very worried that my 997TT is due to the rotation of the camshaft This question I have contacted Porsche technicians in Taiwan
Hope to have good news,
God bless!

Old 06-24-2018, 11:30 AM
lliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud of
Here is another thread from another site with at ton of posts about this issue. Again, it goes from replacing a controller external on the engine to pulling the engine to "pin" the cams.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...-camshaft.html

Also, remember it may be the electronics controlling the variocams, which is much less expensive. Typically swapping units from left to right tells you whether the problem is with the control unit or elsewhere.

Ed

Old 06-25-2018, 08:05 PM
Thank you for your suggestion Porsche technicians have already aligned the solenoid valve and the camshaft sensor before checking the camshaft. I get the same result. I will ask the technician to test the actuator again.

Old 06-25-2018, 09:35 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Good luck with it ,here's my experience with it.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...yone-else.html

Old 06-26-2018, 11:16 AM
Yes, but make sure they swap right and left and see if the code stays on the same bank or moves with the actuator.

Based on what you have already done, you may still be looking at Cams, but it is worth the effort.

Ed

Old 06-28-2018, 09:31 AM
My camshaft has been removed and I am very sure that my car engine light is on fault code P0021.

The real cause is that the internal shaft of the camshaft is completely blocked.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:34 AM

Old 06-28-2018, 03:57 PM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Horrible to see ... Thanx for taking the first clear pictures showing this issue ... Rep to you...

A few pointers:
- Do the other side while you're in there. Porsche shop will mot do it, take it to a machine shop let them fix and pin both intake cams.
- You'll need new cam bolts and a little friction washer for the intake cams, if they reuse old harware the timing might not set properly
- At this point all the "While in there" maintenance work is just parts cost.
(Plugs/coils/w.pump/coolant leaks/belt/clutch ect.)

Good luck ..

Old 07-02-2018, 09:59 AM
My car removed the other intake camshaft today, but it didn't have the same problem as the second column. Its oil passage position is correct, which is why I am very confused? Does a friend know why? ?

Old 07-02-2018, 03:29 PM
If you mean that one bank (one side of the engine) had the problem and the other did not, that is NOT unusual.

However you should get BOTH pinned while you are there.

Ed

Old 07-04-2018, 03:16 AM
mrkout is on a distinguished road
I had the same issue with my 2007 TT with 80, 000 kilometer. Except than i was able to rease the code. But it kept on coming up every few months.
So finally i decided to address the issue. Instead of fixing/pinning the cams, i ordered Schrick billet cams. Then i said while im on it, lets do the heads as well. Heads got CNCed with bigget valves and stronger springs. Then i said, why not do better rods as well since engine is apart. And i kept on adding parts on and on till I reached around 30K in bills until i got partially satisfied
​​​​

Old 07-04-2018, 02:23 PM
Dguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of light
Beware of the while you are in there bug!! I'm living proof but I've got a one of a kind awesome build.

Old 07-04-2018, 02:29 PM
mrkout is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dguth
Beware of the while you are in there bug!! I'm living proof but I've got a one of a kind awesome build.
Lol.
Prior to my porsche, I had a corvette. It all started with a simple air intake and tune, and ended with a 1000hp twin turbo stroker engine with fully built drivetrain hhhhhhhhhh.

Then i swore to the wife that it will be the last car i modify. Fast forwarding alittle bit, my porsche now pushes around 850whp lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: About 07 997TT fault code p0021