997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

About to pull the trigger on a leftover 08 - good deal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 11:53 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jersey1977
08s are eligible for the 1.9% financing but no trunk money. Ran through that myself when I priced the 08 vs the 09 I ended up with... Trunk money only works with the 09s when the dealer takes another car off of port and only about 1/2 the dealers are doing that because many are trying to reduce inventory and most of the cars left at port are dogs.
I think South Florida will pull them . I almost bought a car today using your deal as the benchmark . Keep in mind I already have a modded 997tt but I considered modding the M3 Vs trading it in with your deal . They all think your deal was great but they are eager to talk . I also would have to pull the M3 into the trade which up until now I had not thought of . 20 percent is just too much to totally walk away from without checking it out.

Everyone here (three dealerships) has PDK's . If I wanted a PDK or a C4S ora Cab theres tons of cars . But a manual with the options I want is hard to find . I like rowing my gears old school.

I found one in west palm beach which even had LSD and all the bells and whistles but its another black car and I want something different .

BTW --I did drive a PDK and hands down its wayyyyyyyyy impoved over Tiptronic .

Old 07-21-2009, 06:23 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sid_vicious
Curious what you guys think is a fair price for the following leftover 2008 C2S: black/black, full leather, heated memory seats, sport chrono, bose and a few other small things, MSRP 93,xxx. I forgot to check if its been punched already, but i'll get back with that. Would really like to hear what you guys think is a fair price given the discounts going around on the 09's. If it helps the dealer claims this car is also eligible for 1.9% financing, which implies it too has the 10K trunk money.
What's the asking price? Is it brand new or already punched? Dealers here are still in the $80's for these cars, which is what they are probably worth. Get lucky with the right guy at the right moment, it could be a lot less. Keep in mind it is just a factor of how much money they are willing to lose!

Old 07-21-2009, 06:28 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1

Everyone here (three dealerships) has PDK's . .
Interesting statement. The PDK is STILL the automatic. The '09 was a good deal, BUT it is year old inventory. In 2 months they will need to clear the car for 2010's. Don't know when the 2010's hit the road. I know the '07's hit the road in August.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:41 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Jersey,

Any pic's yet? Maybe I missed it, but what color combo did you get. Curious if that made any kind of difference on the price.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:11 PM
jersey1977 will become famous soon enough
I'll get some pictures up soon. Been too busy with other activities to pull out the digital camera. The color combo was meteor/black/black.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:22 AM
drkbrent is a jewel in the roughdrkbrent is a jewel in the roughdrkbrent is a jewel in the rough
Good deal on '08 Turbo Cab

What's considered a "good deal" for an '08 turbo cab? That option has come into play for me recently. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! thanks!!!

Originally Posted by NYCPCAR
Although just over a little more than 14 months ago one would think that thats a great price but as others have said..once you title and the 2010 land.. that car is in the low 70's by December IMO. The low miles 06-08 have been drying up since cab season is here...stabalizing prices a bit.

If you test drive a PDK, and don't already own a Tip ..it would be hard not to always wonder if you should have waited for a deal on PDK, it really is a different car but an extra 35k to get there is tough to justify. Best bet is to buy a 06/07 in the low 60's..thats the sweet spot for the C4S cab..your depreciation would could only be 7k a year for the next 3 years if the miles are kept low.

An 08 is a tough call because its the last year of the 997.1 and would have been a un real deal if the 09 changes didn't arrive..the market has changed so much over the last 10 months...08 Turbo Cabs are the real deal at the moment.

GLWTS

Old 09-05-2009, 06:46 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drkbrent
What's considered a "good deal" for an '08 turbo cab? That option has come into play for me recently. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! thanks!!!
I believe he walked at 110 but keep in mind taht he was looking for a Tiptronic and with PDK out on the new car that changes the market .

The same woild be the case with normally aspirated cars when it comes to price . Tiptronics are selling fir a few less $$ .