997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Almost in transition from 997S to Gt3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 01:16 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
you must be kidding right!?

I wouldn't even trade a C2S for the GT-R, and you're saying buy it over a GT3? you are definitely in the wrong forum.

I also would keep my PDK over the Gtr . My Turbo blows it off the map . There's a certain look on the face of a Gtr owner when he's being passed .
He's not accustomed to it often because his car is quite fast .. but no match for an EVT700 . Not even close . Not even in 1st gear and expecially on a roll. It's bye nye, See ya , Adios, Hasta la vista baby.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:30 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Larry, just saw this on the GT3 forum. Not sure if it matters to your decision but just so you're fully armed:

Originally Posted by 911dev
DE Mounts have just become available as of late Sept. There are no cars presently in dealer's inventory with PADM, hence speculation as to one reason why some cars have not sold.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:47 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
Larry, just saw this on the GT3 forum. Not sure if it matters to your decision but just so you're fully armed:
This could be a dealbreaker .
I just started reading about PADM and its a very desireable option . Plus when one goes to sell it there will be a distinction .

I may have to spec my own car and keep the PDK . If I am going in deep ... it has to be the right car . With all the Gt3's sitting on lots .. maybe I ought to wait . Maybe I ought to get this option and the noselift and spec it . My first color choice was actually Mexico Blue for the Gt3 if I spec it myself.

Thanks so much for pointing this out.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:32 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I also would keep my PDK over the Gtr . My Turbo blows it off the map . There's a certain look on the face of a Gtr owner when he's being passed .
He's not accustomed to it often because his car is quite fast .. but no match for an EVT700 . Not even close . Not even in 1st gear and expecially on a roll. It's bye nye, See ya , Adios, Hasta la vista baby.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:34 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
I just started reading about PADM and its a very desireable option . Plus when one goes to sell it there will be a distinction .

I may have to spec my own car and keep the PDK . If I am going in deep ... it has to be the right car . With all the Gt3's sitting on lots .. maybe I ought to wait . Maybe I ought to get this option and the noselift and spec it . My first color choice was actually Mexico Blue for the Gt3 if I spec it myself.

Larry, I thought that you were aware of this or I would have pointed it out, sorry. The lift just became available as well. Black wheels, not until Jan '10, . I want these on my white Nov build!

There is also rumor -def. rumor at this point- that PADM may be available as a retro-fit. Supposedly, Porsche has the basic wiring there as well. Time will tell of course.

Last edited by 911dev; 10-01-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:42 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are going to get it, get it just the way you want it. These cars are expensive... It would be worth the wait

Plus you could enjoy the PDK a little, this would give you enough time to see if you really want the GT3 or if you want to keep the PDK...

Old 10-01-2009, 03:37 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
I thought about trading in my C4S for a 2010 GT3 in White too but with the incentives Porsche has on the 09s and the dealership is giving me $74K for my car with 4K miles is absolutely ridiculous so I decided to keep her for a few more months.

The new GT3 exhaust note is intoxicating...

Old 10-01-2009, 04:43 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Larry, I thought that you were aware of this or I would have pointed it out, sorry.
I quoted you so technically you did!

Old 10-01-2009, 05:11 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
There's a certain look on the face of a Gtr owner when he's being passed .
He's not accustomed to it often because his car is quite fast ..
I wouldn't know that look... It hasn't happened yet.

I personally enjoy the C2S w/PDK. Probably one of my next cars. You can't go wrong with the decisions you're making.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I wouldn't know that look... It hasn't happened yet.

I personally enjoy the C2S w/PDK. Probably one of my next cars. You can't go wrong with the decisions you're making.
I do believe you . The Gtr is very quick and a stock 997tt would lose .
Maybe that's why the GTr owners seem so surprised .

Old 10-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Larry, I thought that you were aware of this or I would have pointed it out, sorry. The lift just became available as well. Black wheels, not until Jan '10, . I want these on my white Nov build!

There is also rumor -def. rumor at this point- that PADM may be available as a retro-fit. Supposedly, Porsche has the basic wiring there as well. Time will tell of course.
I am retrofitting paddles on my pdk and it's not cheap .
I really think the four days of waiting and thinking and not seeing a screaming price gave me enough time to cool off and be certain that if I get it --it has to be correct right out of the gate . It also gives me time with my PDK car and eventually to sell it privately.

In the end I wouuld have : 1) driven both 2) paid less, and 3) have the car i want.
I have said this all along --the buyer really does hold all the cards .