997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Almost in transition from 997S to Gt3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 07:16 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Almost in transition from 997S to Gt3

Docdan's post on the Gt3 thread was the first thing I read today . I had not even signed on but the answer became more clear . I had to look at a Gt3 .

Nearest dealership expects theirs in a few weeks but found another that
has one. I took a drive in my Turbo. It was raining , traffic, dismal drive that took me 1.5 hrs and my 997tt was filthy from it but I got there and voila a gt3 in the showroom .

On first glance .. it was white . So's my PDK car . It had sport seats which I like but I almost feel that sport bucket ought to be on that car .

There's a million things to like about the car but here are the dislikes .

1) I despise alcantara --especially on the steering wheel . Blech!!!! That will be the first thing to go. I can stomach it on the seats but am not crazyabout it.

2) Tires --It really rained . I would have to get all season tires.

That's about it !!! Even the stereo is not as awful as i imagined.

I started it up . Wow!!!!!! What a cool sounding car . Looks cool, sounds cool.

So now it's up to the numbers and in order to get there I have to get mt PDK car back which won't be until Later in the week.

On the way home .. I called my local dealership . I want to give them the sale - even without a car but I had to sit in a car with sport buckets and really figure it out.
I tried that . The drivers seat positions fairly well . I might prefer a slight recline but can live with it . For some odd reason I found it easier to get out of the drivers side than passengers . I tried both .

I fit well in the sport bucket seats .

White one now Vs red one in a few weeks .. sport seats (white) vs sport bucket (red) . I am not so sure on red dials but now I'm nit picking.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Larry,

I like your attitude. When you want something, you just go for it.

Tires, seats, steering wheel are the easiest thing to change out from a car.

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your upcoming GT3.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
widebody21 is on a distinguished road
Where are you going to buy it from?

Old 09-28-2009, 07:40 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
your going to track it right! Please say yes. That's what there made for!

Old 09-28-2009, 07:46 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
You're my idol, Larry

Old 09-28-2009, 07:51 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I don't know what to say anymore...

I love the dark gray dials on the GT3! It's a shame that they changed the dials to red...

I love the Alcantara Steering Wheel, I even put it on my car It's one of those places that looks good in Alcantara, provides more grip over Standard Leather Steering Wheel... Of course you have the TechArt Steering Wheel yrralis, that is another something else

If you are going to get the GT3 as a DD, the Sport Bucket Seats may not be the best for long drives... Don't forget that!

Old 09-28-2009, 07:54 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Get what you want Larry! You wont be happy if you dont!

Jason

Old 09-28-2009, 07:56 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JEllis
Get what you want Larry! You wont be happy if you dont!

Jason
+1, if you have the $ then go for it!

yrrallis, would you adopt me as your son?

Old 09-28-2009, 07:57 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Go for it larry, you know you want one

Old 09-28-2009, 07:59 PM
nucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura about
Talking

Originally Posted by sin911
+1, if you have the $ then go for it!

Yrrallis, would you adopt me as your son? Hilarious
me too!!!me too!!!!!!

Old 09-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by nucjd
me too!!!me too!!!!!!
I'm first!

It would be nice to get an exhaust system as a birthday gift...

Old 09-28-2009, 08:02 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Do it Larry. The GT3 is a completely different animal.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:10 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Get it and drive the **** out of it...

Old 09-28-2009, 08:24 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by widebody21
Where are you going to buy it from?
I don't know . I do have customer loyalties and give first choice to those who have treated me well in previous sales but ultimately it boils down to the car itself and the closing price . When and if I get it .. I am sure that whoever sells it to me will be pleased too.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:25 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
If you're looking for a worthy cause to donate the PDK, let me know...

Now, on the other hand, you always made it a point to say not to settle when selecting a new Porsche! Not sure what I would select for the color of choice, red might be hot. And I would agree that the GT3 needs to have GT3 seats, just not the same with the standard ones.

You rock, man!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Almost in transition from 997S to Gt3