997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Almost in transition from 997S to Gt3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 03:43 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Larry,
I think you should start a new thread called: "Will trade a drive in my EVT700 for a drive in your GT3.2", if you are not able to drive one from the dealer. You should really drive one first and make sure that it's what you want in a DD.
Your modded PDK seems to do all you need it to do for your daily driving duties.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:43 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by utkinpol
Plus you will be at absolute ultimate hero status for having (almost) all available Porsches under one roof.
That's my fantasy... Having a C2S for dd, and a GT3 RS for the weekends!!!

Old 09-29-2009, 05:12 PM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
He's been quiet for 3 hours... that's not a good sign at all. Coincidentally, the infamous Porsche Moment is still on for a day or two... Where is that popcorn icon when you need it...

Old 09-29-2009, 05:20 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Just had to add my congrats in advance as well. Nice!!!

Old 09-29-2009, 05:25 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Supermodels are often overrated because just like anyone else they have real lives beyond the fantasy they project in touched up photos . Such is the case with a Gt3 and the track . Beyond the fantasy of zooming around like a kid is there is the reality of paying, planning, servicing, travelling , and perhaps even crashing on the track. I do agree that whether its New Jersey or Miami the public roads seem to be quite an obstacle course of drivers with the lowest common denominator of skills.

Whether we are discussiong supermodels or the Gt3 --beauty is not enough to guarantee a great ride.

The difference between a super model and a GT3 is that you know the heritage and insides of the GT3.

There is no fantasy when you track a porsche. Its enjoyment. Pure and simple. And with a GT3 its at the upper level.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:44 PM
motosport3 will become famous soon enoughmotosport3 will become famous soon enough
Wondering if the thrill of the drive that a GT3 provides will actually push Larry to want to track the car.

You really need to DRIVE IT like everyone else has said!

Old 09-29-2009, 06:14 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Update -
1) Sent my vin and car photos to one dealership
2) Called the preferred one and said let's put down this deal

So far no answer --both are waiting until my car comes out of service later this week . Why --I don't know .

I think they either view me as the sure thing and hope someone else just waltzes in and buys a Gt3 at MSRP or that they think my offer just isn't good enough .

I was hoping for an answer --even if it's a no.

I refuse to budge though and I also feel that if I were selling cars I would pin down this sale even while the car is in the service drive .

Every day that they don't sell me the car
a) opens an opportunity for me to buy it elsewhere .
b) opens up the possibility that I might change my mind

and yes .. maybe someone else may walk in and pay 140K (good luck) but I think theres more than that in my offer if they are really ready to work for it and take a little risk.

My offer is on the table and I don't feel I have anything to lose if I don't buy the car .

Last edited by yrralis1; 09-30-2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:38 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
[quote=LUISGT3;2560266]Larry,
I think you should start a new thread called: "Will trade a drive in my EVT700 for a drive in your GT3.2", if you are not able to drive one from the dealer. You should really drive one first and make sure that it's what you want in a DD.
Your modded PDK seems to do all you need it to do for your daily driving duties.[/quote]

It may come down to this if they reject my offer . I have mixed feelings on it but the good part of having both of the cars that i already have is that it inspires a lot of confidence when it comes to price negotiations . I feel that I can't lose even if I don't buy the car . They lose . They have to find someone ready to pay 140K and i still have two great cars .

I am hoping to hear an answer - a yes or a no would do . I have not gotten either.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:41 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Did you offer them the PDK returned to stock? Otherwise, they probably need to figure several thousand to change out the suspension and exhaust. Doubt a dealer would be able to sell the car with that equipment installed. Not that $5k really moves the needle on this particular deal. All depends on the spread you've left in the offer. If they've got $20k or less in the deal, probably makes a difference. Heck, they've gotta make money on those GT3's, they lose money on every 997 that's been purchased by this group!

Old 09-29-2009, 06:49 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ryem3
Did you offer them the PDK returned to stock? Otherwise, they probably need to figure several thousand to change out the suspension and exhaust. Doubt a dealer would be able to sell the car with that equipment installed. Not that $5k really moves the needle on this particular deal. All depends on the spread you've left in the offer. If they've got $20k or less in the deal, probably makes a difference. Heck, they've gotta make money on those GT3's, they lose money on every 997 that's been purchased by this group!
The problem is if the dealer accepts this offer, they are not going to be able to sell the PDK for more than $75k. I don't think that the buyer would want to pay over $15k extra for the mods when buying from a dealership...

Let's assume that they sell the car afterward for $75k + the $40k Larry offered for the GT3 is going to equal $115k, the sticker is for $140k... It's kind of a dilemma for the dealership whether to accept the offer or reject it...

Old 09-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Wait a minute .. my car with 700 miles is not worth 75K . If it is I will buy it myself .
Plus there is a lot of wiggle room in the Gt3 .

Just the exhaust alone is 7 grand on top of sofware and seat backs and paddles .. this car is loaded up with everything .

Let someone drive a stock 997S PDK and then come back and drive mine . Two different species .

Last edited by yrralis1; 09-29-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by ryem3
Both south Fl dealerships have motorsports depts and it's not uncommon to see an F77 car for sale in used cars .. may even go higher than MSRP had the car been stock . Quality mods do get a premium asking price.

BTW --I think the motorsport depts are outsranding in my region . The Collection is number 1 in my eyes. They are the best . I also have a lot of respect for the dealerships.
Maybe I'm impatient and just wanted an answer --even if its to say no .

Last edited by yrralis1; 09-29-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Wait a minute .. my car with 700 miles is not worth 75K . If it is I will buy it myself .
Plus there is a lot of wiggle room in the Gt3 .

Just the exhaust alone is 7 grand on top of sofware and seat backs and paddles .. this car is loaded up with everything .

Let someone drive a stock 997S PDK and then come back and drive mine . Two different species .
You only have 700 miles on the odometer?

I am assuming without the mods you've done. You bought it new for about $85k, so let's say $80k without the mods...

I know it is a complete different car, but would the dealership pay me extra for the mods on my car? Would they pay me extra for the Bilstein Damptronics and HRE P40s? Or all the extra small stuff I have gotten installed? I don't think they would... If they did, then I would buy a 997.1 GT3 somewhere

Old 09-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by sin911
You only have 700 miles on the odometer?

I am assuming without the mods you've done. You bought it new for about $85k, so let's say $80k without the mods...

I know it is a complete different car, but would the dealership pay me extra for the mods on my car? Would they pay me extra for the Bilstein Damptronics and HRE P40s? Or all the extra small stuff I have gotten installed? I don't think they would... If they did, then I would buy a 997.1 GT3 somewhere
I traded in my F77 car on my Turbo and the mods DID help . Have you looked at the prices of used 997S cars ? They have skyrocketed .

Even an 06 can sell in the upper 50's and 07's are in the 60's . Modded cars have even higher asking prices .

Have you noticed that most of the recent posts are buyers getting new 09 cars ? Those discounts are about to end .

And yes your car is worth more if the miles are low and those mods are new . My car only has 700 miles . That sbrand new. I haven't even paid for the paddles and driven it yet .

Last edited by yrralis1; 09-29-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Just a question to Sin911 and Rye -

Have either of you guys ever traded in a car that's a month old ?

I have . You don't get back every cent but you don't lose your shirt either .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Almost in transition from 997S to Gt3