997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Almost in transition from 997S to Gt3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 02:06 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
[QUOTE][/
Somebody call Larry's therapist.
No, I disagree! Someone should call his Financial Manager...QUOTE]

Every person here has bought a car .

If the car one picks is not the right car or leaves doubts -- is best to cut the loss immediately . This is also the same with investing too . Financial managers are famous for saying "don't worry it will come back" and many of them are now broke .
Many who listened to them are broke too. In fact a failed investment can cost far more than a depreciating car without ever having been tangible . That's not to say a car is a wise investment . It isn't . So whose ready to sell his Porsche and walk ? Not me.

It is the buyer who holds the cards . There are 112 Gt3's available on auto trader .
Priority one goes to loyalty and price .
Priority two goes to proximity .
Priority 3 goes to price and value.

And lastly .. as much as I like the Gt3 or any car .. if the price isn't right .. I may not have the car but I held on to my savings and that's never bad.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:24 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by motosport3
Larry, I'll be really interested to hear your impressions of the GT3 after you drive it and compare it to the experience of driving your Turbo.

Congrats!!!
I think they will be different and both great .
I love my Turbo and its my hope that I would feel this way with the Gt3 too . I won't know until I find out.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:34 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
WOW....alot happens after 8:00 on the speed. Larry , all I can say is "Horse". U got ***** the size of a horse! Enjoy her because I am sure she is sweet!

Jim

Old 09-29-2009, 05:11 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
EVO's list of greatest driver's cars of all times

#1 Zonda
#2 Lotus 340R
#3 GT3
#38 997 C2S
#46 911 turbo

Just to "whet your appetite"

Old 09-29-2009, 05:42 AM
J.Seven is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I suppose the term "all season tires" sound like something on a minivan .
Especially South Florida where rain +traffic+ construction + Suvs/pickup trucks/18 wheelers + a huge tourist and international variety of driving styles
There you are, some good reasons to take it where it belongs...the circuit .

Old 09-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Larry, you already have black and white in your garage... with the GT3... you should go red. It looks amazing in red, and I usually don't like red cars.

Of course, if it were me, I'd want that new charcoal grey color.

Is your girlfriend going to drive the GT3 too? I believe she drives your white car. Does that factor into the decision at all?

Old 09-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
Larry, you already have black and white in your garage... with the GT3... you should go red. It looks amazing in red, and I usually don't like red cars.

Of course, if it were me, I'd want that new charcoal grey color.

Is your girlfriend going to drive the GT3 too? I believe she drives your white car. Does that factor into the decision at all?
There isn't a huge color selection on these cars. Most spec their cars and the ones available are deals which fell through. It's a very different market than the 997 and 997S cars .

Gf drives mostly the M3 but does drive the PDK and will drive the Gt3 too . She doesn't drive the Turbo . The stage 4 clutch might be too hard for her to press as it has no power assist when it was converted to the Gt3 conversion.

Shes thrilled when I'm happy about these cars . Of course she and i both weigh the logic but she and I enjoy thse cars together. However , each of us does connect with the car when we drive it alone too . There are days she comes up to me and shares an M3 story or a PDK experience that she found memorable . My favorite times with these cars are the drives I take with her out to Delray Beach or Key Largo or an or an occasional drive to Captiva Island . the car becomes part of the drive and she and i both relate to the fun of it all together.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:44 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Most times I feel safer on the track than on NJ roads.

I have been able to track my car as a guest member at NJMP with only 2-3 others on the track. With your contacts you should be able to set something up as a guest of a motorsport club.

Buying a GT3 and not tracking her is unthinkable in my book. Its like saying no to a super model.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:49 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Larry, I think we are all living vicariously through you.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:51 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S

What could be better!

Old 09-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
Most times I feel safer on the track than on NJ roads.

I have been able to track my car as a guest member at NJMP with only 2-3 others on the track. With your contacts you should be able to set something up as a guest of a motorsport club.

Buying a GT3 and not tracking her is unthinkable in my book. Its like saying no to a super model.
Supermodels are often overrated because just like anyone else they have real lives beyond the fantasy they project in touched up photos . Such is the case with a Gt3 and the track . Beyond the fantasy of zooming around like a kid is there is the reality of paying, planning, servicing, travelling , and perhaps even crashing on the track. I do agree that whether its New Jersey or Miami the public roads seem to be quite an obstacle course of drivers with the lowest common denominator of skills.

Whether we are discussiong supermodels or the Gt3 --beauty is not enough to guarantee a great ride.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:00 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S

My Wet Dream

Old 09-29-2009, 02:48 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Whether we are discussiong supermodels or the Gt3 --beauty is not enough to guarantee a great ride.
I honestly believe that if you feel you want GT3 - you should get one.

But I also believe GT3 is not a substitute for street friendly C2s or turbo cars you have. Keep your old cars and get GT3. Something tells me you will not be able to use it much on a street anyway, so, if you decide to get rid of it later you`ll still have your old cars.

Plus you will be at absolute ultimate hero status for having (almost) all available Porsches under one roof.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:20 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Thumbs down

A GT3 garage queen, I almost cringe at the thought...

Old 09-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
That's sig worthy right there.

Sounds like you speak from experience...?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Almost in transition from 997S to Gt3