997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Almost in transition from 997S to Gt3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:17 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
One thing I really liked that I forgot to mention in my first post is the PSE sport vs normal difference . I did not drive the car only started it but the ability to change the note was incredible . It's had this Jekyll/Hyde feature in one button.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
widebody21 is on a distinguished road
Yea out in Cali for a month now!

Old 09-28-2009, 10:24 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Well the list of positives also has a flip side too.

In order to drive on the track it's a planned drive rather than a spontaneous one . It includes fees as well as exposing the car to wear and tear as well as the elements . Insurance factors in too and just as there are street drivers who lack skill there are track drivers who also lack skill and at the high speed it places a lot on the line .

I can understand the adrenaline rush of the fun but I won't ignore some of the stress either .

I am not saying never to the track .
But it's not my goal.
A GT3 is not very logical. But again, it was made for a reason. Enjoy it. Track it.

Last edited by gomez; 09-28-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Smaj is on a distinguished road

There's a million things to like about the car but here are the dislikes .

1) I despise alcantara --especially on the steering wheel . Blech!!!! That will be the first thing to go. I can stomach it on the seats but am not crazyabout it.

2) Tires --It really rained . I would have to get all season tires.
Am I reading this right? You would want to put all season tires on a GT3. Please tell me I am reading that wrong or it is a joke.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:36 PM
jherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to behold
Well the list of positives also has a flip side too.

In order to drive on the track it's a planned drive rather than a spontaneous one . It includes fees as well as exposing the car to wear and tear as well as the elements . Insurance factors in too and just as there are street drivers who lack skill there are track drivers who also lack skill and at the high speed it places a lot on the line .

I can understand the adrenaline rush of the fun but I won't ignore some of the stress either .

I am not saying never to the track .
But it's not my goal.
That's true... there's too much organization and planning involved for a track day... I guess that's why I never really got into it. But personally I wouldn't get it if it wasn't going to hit the track on a regular basis.

Everything depends on how much "more" you really are getting out of swapping cars, and if you are willing to pay that price. You might be better off just getting stickier tires and driving a little harder.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:49 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Smaj
Am I reading this right? You would want to put all season tires on a GT3. Please tell me I am reading that wrong or it is a joke.
I'm serious . I would have to get PS2's and even Porsche establishes a warning abour sport cup tires in the rain . Florida has a lot of rain and it can turn from sunny to complete downpour in a flash . Just today I drive my AWD Turbo through roads of 18 wheeler trucks , SUV's and all the other commuter traffic in on and off douwnpour conditions . There were at least two accidents going up and coming back tying up traffic .

Tires are going to be important for the street .

Old 09-28-2009, 11:09 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
I'm serious . I would have to get PS2's and even Porsche establishes a warning abour sport cup tires in the rain . Florida has a lot of rain and it can turn from sunny to complete downpour in a flash . Just today I drive my AWD Turbo through roads of 18 wheeler trucks , SUV's and all the other commuter traffic in on and off douwnpour conditions . There were at least two accidents going up and coming back tying up traffic .

Tires are going to be important for the street .
I believe the Cup tires that come with the GT3 aren't 'true' cup tires but have rain grooves for the street.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:11 PM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
weeeewwwwweeee....u said ALL SEASON TIRES...i think Smaj and others (including myself) were thinking something else....dont think it would be a big deal to run ps2's

Old 09-28-2009, 11:11 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
I believe the Cup tires that come with the GT3 aren't 'true' cup tires but have rain grooves for the street.
They are not slick tires, but I have also heard that they are not so great handling in the rain...

Old 09-28-2009, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by sammyrusso
weeeewwwwweeee....u said ALL SEASON TIRES...i think Smaj and others (including myself) were thinking something else....dont think it would be a big deal to run ps2's
I suppose the term "all season tires" sound like something on a minivan .
The stock tires on the Gt3 woild actually be good to keep if a track day was to become a reality . They do have small grooves but not the tire for Florida streets . Especially South Florida where rain +traffic+ construction + Suvs/pickup trucks/18 wheelers + a huge tourist and international variety of driving styles = the Gt3's home.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:49 PM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
Somebody call Larry's therapist.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:18 AM
VMM
VMM is on a distinguished road
I'm not worthy. For some reason... I prefer the red in the GT3. Don't know why. It's going to be amazing!

Old 09-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by VMM
I'm not worthy. For some reason... I prefer the red in the GT3. Don't know why. It's going to be amazing!
Here's red ....

at the track -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya6LFhzdmGE

and on the street -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXFEk2zuuzM

Old 09-29-2009, 01:00 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AlexM
Somebody call Larry's therapist.
No, I disagree! Someone should call his Financial Manager...

Old 09-29-2009, 01:15 AM
motosport3 will become famous soon enoughmotosport3 will become famous soon enough
Larry, I'll be really interested to hear your impressions of the GT3 after you drive it and compare it to the experience of driving your Turbo.

Congrats!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Almost in transition from 997S to Gt3