997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 Air Intake Options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 11:21 AM
maxzboy will become famous soon enough
997 Air Intake Options?

Im currently looking to add more power and sound to my car. Im going the conventional approach: exhaust, intake, etc...
Already has a Cargraphic on and I want to tackle the intake system. Im exploring Fabspeed Full kit ($595) vs their cold air ($225 + BMC filter). Apparently, they are both good and seems to provide the same output (hp). What's really the difference beside price and aesthetics?

Does anyone have anyother system and any recommendation?

Im leaning toward the cold-air Fabspeed at this point. Pls advice.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
We offer our Werks1 Air Box for the 997 Platform

The Werks One airbox for the 997 Carrera was developed to provide a proper and effective way of delivering a larger volume of air to the engine. This is achieved by simplifying the airflow path and removing abrupt changes in flow direction. Air consumption is further enhanced by the twin decklid inlets, which more effectively utilizes the high pressure air generated at speed. The completely sealed intake system assures that only cold air enters the engine, while the free flow filter elements keep debris out. In addition to increasing performance, the airbox delivers an enhanced aesthetic appeal to the engine bay with its flawless carbon fiber construction.

Please pm one of our sales representative for pricing and availability.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:29 AM
I just checked out the EVOMS V-Flow. I have a feeling I can't go wrong w/ any of these setups. Everyone claims their products are the best so Im just going to flip a coin. haha.

Although for the same price as the Fabspeed Maxflo vs EVOMS, the carbon fiber does look good from the Fspeed.

Another system also came up in my research. K&N from VividRacing. Pricing is very attractive as well.

Last edited by maxzboy; 05-06-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:42 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I have the Fabspeed version ($225). Very simple, better intake sound, and I did notice a power increase. For the price you can't go wrong.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:43 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maxzboy
I just checked out the EVOMS V-Flow. I have a feeling I can't go wrong w/ any of these setups. Everyone claims their products are the best so Im just going to flip a coin. haha.

Although for the same price as the Fabspeed Maxflo vs EVOMS, the carbon fiber does look good from the Fspeed.

Another system also came up in my research. K&N from VividRacing. Pricing is very attractive as well.
just drop bmc filter panel into stock airbox and forget about this part.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I would recommend the EVOMS unit. The Fabspeed really does not add much value, IMHO. The Werks piece is gorgeous, but pricey. I found the EVOMS to be a great piece, well made, good value at $595 (and they are often available here used), and the filters are easily cleaned or changed.

I would not count on any of these units to add any power, but I know that the EVOMS does change the sounds a bit, in a good way.

Of course, the ultimate air intake mod is forced induction, like a SuperCharger!
CATTMAN

Old 05-06-2010, 11:50 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
werks1 is the one to get if u have deep pockets..

its so gorgeous, u wish u had clear engine-hood to show it off!

for the money, the evoms vflow appear to be the best choice.
(and +1 for rennsport1)

i've heard of fitment issues among few members.. but the performance seem to be proven on the tracks.

u will see lots of gold-foil wrapped v-flows among the amateur circuit

BOL

btw u still think the cargraphics are too loud?

Old 05-06-2010, 11:58 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
I would recommend the EVOMS unit. The Fabspeed really does not add much value, IMHO. The Werks piece is gorgeous, but pricey. I found the EVOMS to be a great piece, well made, good value at $595 (and they are often available here used), and the filters are easily cleaned or changed.

I would not count on any of these units to add any power, but I know that the EVOMS does change the sounds a bit, in a good way.

Of course, the ultimate air intake mod is forced induction, like a SuperCharger!
CATTMAN
werks one or X51 airbox are only ones which are getting properly connected to air intakes in a rear decklid, EVOMS intake is not isolated from engine compartment that good and IMHO sucking in overheated air should make more harm than good.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:05 PM
CrazyCarlitos,
Thanks for your input! I'm probably going to go w/ EVOMs since most has good feedback on it. And, YES , the exhaust sounds just perfect now. I absolutely loves it.! My intial concerns were for my neighbors, but after a few days of no compliants,...ha.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:08 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by utkinpol
just drop bmc filter panel into stock airbox and forget about this part.
This is what I did. Better sound and some butt Dyno improvement.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:12 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
This is what I did. Better sound and some butt Dyno improvement.
lol.. me, too

but i am constantly on a look out for someone parting with their werks1..

hint hint yrralis1..

Old 05-06-2010, 12:30 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
The airbox change will change the sound, but none will add power to a 997.1. I spoke to BR racing and they have raced Porsches for 16 years and the stock airbox is best and even the stock filter according to them. If you want to change the sound or you like the look of a different box go for it, if you're looking for power, try something else. From my reading, talking with pros and my discussions with BR Racing, the power can be added with exhaust and the chip and that's it unless you add Turbo or SC. A lightweight flywheel (LWFW) will make it quicker as well, but all the other stuff won't add performance. You should probably look to drop weight (unsprung weight first) to add to performance after the aforementioned changes have been made.

Last edited by michaeldantep; 05-06-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Drummer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cattman

CATTMAN
Is an awesome intake and improves the sound with WOT.
Very easy DIY.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:42 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
I am going to guess that a stock airbox with a fresh paper filter is the way to go.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:07 PM
montreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to behold
Got the Evom Recently on my carrera and must say how amazing the sound is at WOT. Extremely simple to install and sounds amazing. Can't go wrong. with it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Air Intake Options?