997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Need to borrow some stock 997 cats - pretty please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 07:10 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
Need to borrow some stock 997 cats - pretty please

This is going to sound crazy but....does anyone have some stock 997 cats I can borrow for this upcoming Laguna Seca weeekend?

Old 08-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
I have a pair that I would let you borrow, but they are in storage.

When do you need them by?

Old 08-12-2010, 08:38 AM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
Nice! Need them by next week on Tuesday. I can come to you. You'd be a life saver!

Old 08-12-2010, 09:14 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Jose, what happened to you stock ones? I thought that you have saved every original part that you have removed

Old 08-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
OK. I'll get them from storage this weekend.

But I'll bring them to you... I wanna check out your car.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
OK. I'll get them from storage this weekend.

But I'll bring them to you... I wanna check out your car.
My car is at GMG till Monday but let me see when I can get it back here and then you can come over!

here is why it's there

Old 08-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Jose, what happened to you stock ones? I thought that you have saved every original part that you have removed
NorthVan

I forgot them at GMG years ago when I got my AWE system done. And even those cats don't pass sound at Laguna Seca!

Old 08-12-2010, 09:58 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gomez
NorthVan

I forgot them at GMG years ago when I got my AWE system done. And even those cats don't pass sound at Laguna Seca!
I have heard that a stock 997 GT3 won't pass at Laguna, did you talk to Alex @ Sharkwerks and see what ideas they have to help pass the sound issues? I have read that they have a few tricks to get cars with the SWBP through with just a simple bolt on.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I have heard that a stock 997 GT3 won't pass at Laguna, did you talk to Alex @ Sharkwerks and see what ideas they have to help pass the sound issues? I have read that they have a few tricks to get cars with the SWBP through with just a simple bolt on.
You are correct but remember my car is a C2S and with stock parts will just get under the 92 db limit. So I'll be good to go. I had to short shift pass the sound booth last time since I was running the awe cats and prob lost about 0.5 seconds or even more due to that slow down

Old 08-12-2010, 12:28 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
So when are you guys going to toe over to Sebring and run with me? You can run wide open exhaust...no noise limits.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by mdrums
So when are you guys going to toe over to Sebring and run with me? You can run wide open exhaust...no noise limits.
Mike,

I think that we should come and take turns in Gomez's car if he shows up.

I am off to a track tomorrow in Oregon that has a sound level of 108dB at 100 feet. I think that is close to the same level as a 747 taking off.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:54 PM
you guys should come to this http://globaltunergp.com/index.php

no sound limit. we can drive on the best track on the west coast with no mufflers.

do it and do it now.