997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fitting a turbo bumper....

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:20 PM
sleek-sam will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the awesome DIY. I just wished it was around a couple of months ago when I was pulling the hair out of my head trying to figure this out. I was able to get everything working properly without any resistors or error messages.

FYI.
The Turbo rear spoiler is also plug and play.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:11 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sleek-motoring
Thanks for the awesome DIY. I just wished it was around a couple of months ago when I was pulling the hair out of my head trying to figure this out. I was able to get everything working properly without any resistors or error messages.

FYI.
The Turbo rear spoiler is also plug and play.
What year is your car?
Did you have to buy any modules?

Also the rear wing ....

Quoted from Mickfluff....
"now wiring was a pain, need to get it to work like the old wing etc"

Here is the link....

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2124571

Stacy

Old 06-08-2011, 07:39 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Turbo rear decklid? Meh....

This is what you really want...

Last edited by bbywu; 06-08-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:23 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
that's ok.. it was worth it. LOL. **** was funny.

Its all good carlitos.....wait till Stacy wants something for Carole......Bet u didnt know rape was legal!!!!! LOL

Hold on Stacy....pay back is a BIATCH!

Old 06-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by justatoy
What year is your car?
Did you have to buy any modules?

Also the rear wing ....

Quoted from Mickfluff....
"now wiring was a pain, need to get it to work like the old wing etc"

Here is the link....

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2124571

Stacy
My car is a 05 997 C2. I didnt have to buy any modules. Just spliced into the original bumper harness.

As for the Turbo wing/engine lid. I purchased a Turbo engine lid wiring harness, and a turbo fan, plugged it in and everything works like its supposed to. The only difference is that I have an aftermarket intake on it, and did not have to worry about the OE airbox.

To get rid of one of the third brake lights, I also purchased the Turbo filler piece that goes in between the rear window and the engine lid. I just have to go program the car to disable the car mounted third brake light, and get rid of the error code.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:41 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
Rep to you, come get him Jim!

Old 06-08-2011, 08:43 PM
BTW Stacy, I love those side skirts you made. Did you ever put those into production for sale, or was it just a one off?

Old 06-08-2011, 09:13 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
My car is a 05 997 C2. I didnt have to buy any modules. Just spliced into the original bumper harness.

As for the Turbo wing/engine lid. I purchased a Turbo engine lid wiring harness, and a turbo fan, plugged it in and everything works like its supposed to. The only difference is that I have an aftermarket intake on it, and did not have to worry about the OE airbox.

To get rid of one of the third brake lights, I also purchased the Turbo filler piece that goes in between the rear window and the engine lid. I just have to go program the car to disable the car mounted third brake light, and get rid of the error code.
BTW Stacy, I love those side skirts you made. Did you ever put those into production for sale, or was it just a one off?
Did you do the work yourself...IF NOT is there something that that was done by a shop that you do not know about,I cannot see how you have not gotten a code just wiring straight into the factory harness because I sure did?
Because the LED lights take less power to work and the car sends a code/fault...makes no sense!
BUT I would love to know why?

I may have JUST figured out how you did it! When you say that you spiced into the harness.....did you leave the factory bulb connected BUT buried behind the bumper somewhere it wouldn't be seen?
THIS would be a way to TRICK the cars computer into NOT knowing that there was a modification! Something HAD to be done to do this!

And the rear wing.....all I know is what Mickfluff went through....maybe you have a anomoly of a car,LOL!

Thank you for the compliment on the side-skirts...I really couldn't imagine anything better for my car!
BUT..
The side-skirts were never put into production BUT the moulds and the set off of my car were offered to two shops....for what I thought was a fair price!
One shop did not respond and the other shop....well....They counter offered at a price that would buy one set......so with that offer,my side-skirts are a one off!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 06-08-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=bbywu;3227794]Turbo rear decklid? Meh....

This is what you really want...

I was offered a TT wing from a good friend of mine...BUT I love the cab without it....or at least for now!
BUT that wing is S-I-C-K....is that yours?

Stacy

Old 06-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
In for the end results, you must be really bored to take on a project like this. I think photography might be a cheaper hobby.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Did you do the work yourself...IF NOT is there something that that was done by a shop that you do not know about,I cannot see how you have not gotten a code just wiring straight into the factory harness because I sure did?
Because the LED lights take less power to work and the car sends a code/fault...makes no sense!
BUT I would love to know why?
I did the work myself, and yes I run a shop. nothing special was done, just splice into the cars original harness. Im not sure why you got a code, and I didnt. Maybe its a matter of how you did the wiring, or maybe you spliced into different wires then I did.

I may have JUST figured out how you did it! When you say that you spiced into the harness.....did you leave the factory bulb connected BUT buried behind the bumper somewhere it wouldn't be seen?
THIS would be a way to TRICK the cars computer into NOT knowing that there was a modification! Something HAD to be done to do this!
None of the cars factory bulbs or lighting is plugged in.

Im not sure if this helps you, but this is a summary of what I did.

Wedge bulb connector from Turbo LED was cut off. I used those wires and tapped into the cars original wedge bulb wiring.

The Turbo LED has 3 wires coming out of it. 2 white ones, and a black one. I connected both of the white ones together and spliced it into the same wire on the cars bumper harness. The black one is by its own, and spliced in the harness also. However, I forgot if the white wires are positives or negatives.

For the fogs, I just routed the wiring differently, and ran some HID lights to it.

Let me know if this works for you. What year is your car Stacy?

Old 06-09-2011, 06:27 PM
I did the work myself, and yes I run a shop. nothing special was done, just splice into the cars original harness. Im not sure why you got a code, and I didnt. Maybe its a matter of how you did the wiring, or maybe you spliced into different wires then I did.

None of the cars factory bulbs or lighting is plugged in.

Im not sure if this helps you, but this is a summary of what I did.

Wedge bulb connector from Turbo LED was cut off. I used those wires and tapped into the cars original wedge bulb wiring.

The Turbo LED has 3 wires coming out of it. 2 white ones, and a black one. I connected both of the white ones together and spliced it into the same wire on the cars bumper harness. The black one is by its own, and spliced in the harness also. However, I forgot if the white wires are positives or negatives.

For the fogs, I just routed the wiring differently, and ran some HID lights to it.

Let me know if this works for you. What year is your car Stacy?
Mine is an '05 and I wired everything EXACTLY like you did.....
fog lights to fog lights
marker lights to marker lights
turn signal to turn signals
and without a resistor I got a code!

The three wires coming out of the LED's for your reference are...none are white on my lights
left side
red/black +
brown/black-
green/black-

right side
red/black +
brown/blue-
brown/green-

If you disconnect/burn a bulb out your car sees it and notifies you on the instrument cluster.Your warning system for burnt out bulbs may not be working....which may be good for you.After talking to numerous electronics people they say there is NO way that you can wire this in without a resistor or control module and NOT get a code,unless something is wrong/right with your car,LOL.
BUT who cares in your case....IT worked,LOL!

Mine needs the resistor.........NO big deal!

Thanks for getting back to me.

Stacy

Old 06-09-2011, 06:37 PM
OK.....reading your post again.....you may have got lucky!
I see you wired the fog lights to HID's........
When I wired mine the first time they worked UNTIL I turned my fog lights on...then I got a code!
So I am thinking whatever you did WITH the fog lights IS why your are NOT getting the code!
Maybe the HID's make up for the power lost with the LED's so your car IS thinking that everything is OK!?

Again,AWESOME it worked for you but I think you got lucky,LOL!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 06-09-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:23 PM
I know for sure my light warning system thing is working because my license plate light is out.

As for the LED wiring, maybe different yrs of the Turbo LED's have different wiring, or different color wires.

And yes, I know I got super lucky on this one.

Regardless, after seeing pics of your car Stacy, I am really starting to regret not pickup up a convertible.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:02 AM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold

When you say 'everything works like it's supposed to' did your turbo wing go up & down like it's supposed to?

I've talked to many people and they all say there was a lot of work to get it to work

Almost tempted to try the one i have to see if i get the same results

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Fitting a turbo bumper....