997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fitting a turbo bumper....

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:53 PM
sleek-sam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by w00zie
When you say 'everything works like it's supposed to' did your turbo wing go up & down like it's supposed to?

I've talked to many people and they all say there was a lot of work to get it to work

Almost tempted to try the one i have to see if i get the same results

I used this thread to help me figure out what I needed, and everything worked. The only difference is that I ordered my wiring for an 2007 Turbo, and everything was plug and play.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...997-2-c2s.html

Old 06-22-2011, 10:48 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Updated post #1......

Old 06-23-2011, 06:27 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
See you at the BBC on Saturday?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:07 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
See you at the BBC on Saturday?
IF the inner fenders fit and the weather is good for Saturday...maybe !

Stacy

Old 06-23-2011, 08:16 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
IF the inner fenders fit and the weather is good for Saturday...maybe !

Stacy
Sell your car if you aren't going to use. Do you stay in bed when your nose is slightly runny? Fender on or off, get your *** out there!

Old 06-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Sell your car if you aren't going to use. Do you stay in bed when your nose is slightly runny? Fender on or off, get your *** out there!
NO way are you gonna turn my beautiful,polished and clean car....INTO yours!
So if it is raining.....SEE YOU next time...

Stacy

Old 06-23-2011, 12:01 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
looking great !!

i see u've been bz last few days

thx for documenting everything !

rep point to u !

Old 06-23-2011, 05:07 PM
GregM3 is a name known to allGregM3 is a name known to allGregM3 is a name known to allGregM3 is a name known to allGregM3 is a name known to allGregM3 is a name known to all
Stacy...just read through this thread. You are one crazy @#$%&. You must have one of the most unique Cab's in BC (or rather, unique while remaining tasteful).
I'd love to see your car in person one day.
Cheers
Greg

Old 06-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
looking great !!

i see u've been bz last few days

thx for documenting everything !

rep point to u !
YES I have been busy.......I just picked up the turbo lower fender liners and they are definitely wider than the Carrera S's and look to bolt up nicely.
One thing I did forget to do is my magnets for the license plate...DOH!
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...te-holder.html

SO OFF it comes again,LOL!

Also,
Thanks for the reps.....I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by GregM3
Stacy...just read through this thread. You are one crazy @#$%&. You must have one of the most unique Cab's in BC (or rather, unique while remaining tasteful).
I'd love to see your car in person one day.
Cheers
Greg
Hey Greg,"crazy"....I'll give you that.The word I would use wouldn't have been that nice,LOL!
I am actually contemplating the BBC this saturday...IF the weather is good! Are you gonna be there?

Stacy

Old 06-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Done and ready to go......I just need to polish/detail the car tomorrow night!
Excuse the masking tape,it is there to protect the bumper from the urethane I used to hold the earth magnets/license plate frame in place.Once that dries off comes the tape!
.....and the lower inner fenders off of the turbo word FANTASTIC! NO gaps between them and the fender!

Name:  _DSC8604-3.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  66.8 KB

Old 06-24-2011, 11:01 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
it looks beautiful !! i just love the LEDs on the turbo front..

now u just need the LEDs for the rear..

u know where to get 'em.. i just ordered a set, so i'll prob end up passing it to u

Old 06-24-2011, 02:01 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Looks great!

fantastic.... looks great and thanks for the detailed install...Your car looks amazing!

next comes center exhaust, with titanium tips (I bet you this will come!) and maybe a duck tail....it will never end. We have a meeting next Thursday, let me know if you need a new sponsor.... your illness is nothing to be ashamed of in fact it should be celebrated!

Old 06-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
it looks beautiful !! i just love the LEDs on the turbo front..

now u just need the LEDs for the rear..

u know where to get 'em.. i just ordered a set, so i'll prob end up passing it to u
LOL.....yeah I will PASS! This last deal you "Passed to me" has set me back enough $$$$$

Stacy

Old 06-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by mickfluff
fantastic.... looks great and thanks for the detailed install...Your car looks amazing!

next comes center exhaust, with titanium tips (I bet you this will come!) and maybe a duck tail....it will never end. We have a meeting next Thursday, let me know if you need a new sponsor.... your illness is nothing to be ashamed of in fact it should be celebrated!
Thanks Mickfluff,

IF you remember a VERY long time ago I actually had a factory GT3 rear bumper for my car.....and even after painting it I decided that I liked my bumper with custom made rear spats better(at least on the Cabriolet).So I sold the GT3 bumper for a big loss,LOL!
This meeting next Thursday you talk about........if it is a group for 'Modaholics'.....I am the president for the Canadian West coast chapter

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 03-17-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Wow, Stacy, that is some flawless work! If I forgot to put the magnets on (after working so hard to get that bumper on perfectly) I don't know if I'd be able to stomach taking it all off again LOL! Nice work, looks beautiful.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Fitting a turbo bumper....