997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fitting a turbo bumper....

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:11 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scoper
Wow, Stacy, that is some flawless work! If I forgot to put the magnets on (after working so hard to get that bumper on perfectly) I don't know if I'd be able to stomach taking it all off again LOL! Nice work, looks beautiful.
In this city a front plate IS a MUST.....or you get a $168 fine and maybe a vehicle inspection!
The good part was it went back on just as good...the second time!

Thanks Scoper,

Stacy

Old 06-26-2011, 04:31 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Finally a nice day to go for a drive and get some pics(with the NEW front bumper).....and by sheer luck I ended up at a German car show in North Vancouver!

Name:  _DSC8897.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  131.3 KB

Name:  _DSC8909.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  75.9 KB

Name:  _DSC8947.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  207.7 KB

Old 06-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Vancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the rough
Saw the new bumper in the flesh, it looks amazing.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Love the front LED's, wished they had something like this w/o getting the turbo setup. Your car looks great.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:35 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Looks great Stacy, but you need to paint the lower lip to complete the look.

Last edited by ntlgnt1; 06-26-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by Vancouver-BC
Saw the new bumper in the flesh, it looks amazing.
Thanks...glad you liked it.

Originally Posted by Ynot
Love the front LED's, wished they had something like this w/o getting the turbo setup. Your car looks great.
Thanks.....

Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
If it was painted it surely would have been damaged already(first drive).A piece of 4ft tin flew up from under another car while crossing a bridge(doing hwy speeds) and slammed the front bumper....right into that lower plastic lip.If it was painted it would have been done!
PLUS it has already touched the ground twice going over bumps...
So it is going to stay unpainted......

Cheers,

Stacy

Old 06-27-2011, 07:56 AM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by justatoy
Finally a nice day to go for a drive and get some pics(with the NEW front bumper).....and by sheer luck I ended up at a German car show in North Vancouver!
That really looks great Stacy. And it looks like you had a great weekend too...!

If it was painted it surely would have been damaged already(first drive).A piece of 4ft tin flew up from under another car while crossing a bridge(doing hwy speeds) and slammed the front bumper....right into that lower plastic lip.
I'm sure that gave you a near heart attack. Glad it didn't contact the bumper itself!

Old 06-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
If it was painted it surely would have been damaged already(first drive).A piece of 4ft tin flew up from under another car while crossing a bridge(doing hwy speeds) and slammed the front bumper....right into that lower plastic lip.If it was painted it would have been done!
PLUS it has already touched the ground twice going over bumps...
So it is going to stay unpainted......

Cheers,

Stacy
I've thought about painting my lower lip and rockers as well but not worth it for reasons you've mentioned. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to paint it.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:38 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
+2

do it ! u'll find a way to keep it nice and clean..

just love the look of the painted lip..

Attached Images   

Last edited by crazycarlitos; 06-27-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:17 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
TT Bumper

w Painted lip.

Attached Images  
Old 06-27-2011, 02:27 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
Silver

I just noticed that your wheels have Silver center caps. Now you should change Hoodcrest to Silver to match.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:26 PM
IF my car wasn't black....YES I would paint the lip it BUT because it is,NO WAY!

As far as the silver hood crest.....one day,LOL!

Stacy

Old 06-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
DAMN!! Stacy, it looks flipping great!

Oh, as one w/ a silver hood crest... you MUST get one ASAP - especially to tie in better w/ your wheels (you'll be thinking that every time you look at your car from now on LOL )

Keep your mod$ going

Old 06-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
DAMN!! Stacy, it looks flipping great!

Oh, as one w/ a silver hood crest... you MUST get one ASAP - especially to tie in better w/ your wheels (you'll be thinking that every time you look at your car from now on LOL )

Keep your mod$ going
The gold one look GREAT with the gold wheels.....but you guys are right and I was eyeballing a silver crest some time ago(4 months ago) but I refuse to spend close to $274 for it at Bumper plugs!
Why don't you sell me yours for $50......With the savings I may be able to keep the "mods going".....

Stacy

Old 06-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
ummmm...... I'll can sell you another gold one for $50. Then you can mod them to make a nice pair of earrings for your better half - LOL

PM sent

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Fitting a turbo bumper....