997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

TPC Supercharger going on my '07 Targa 4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:13 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
TPC Supercharger going on my '07 Targa 4S

After months of reading every thread, posting my own threads, talking with mechanics and anyone I could find that has added forced induction (both supercharged and turbo) on a 997, I took the plunge and left my car today with Luke at Velocity Motorsports to install a TPC Supercharger!! Here is a picture of when I dropped her off at Velocity Motors with exactly 41,000 miles on her!

I will now be able to more than compensate for the horsepower loss at Denver's 5280' altitude while enjoying forced induction in a Targa! I have not heard of one 997 forced induction Targa so far.

Will I soon have the fastest 997 Targa on the planet????

I mean there has to be at least one other one out there in Dubai or somewhere!!

Stay tuned mortals!!!!!!!

Attached Images  

Last edited by DoninDEN; 03-15-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:47 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Keep us posted. I considered putting a supercharger on my 07 T4S a few years ago, and even bought a used SC. But I changed my mind and sold it. But a friend (Justatoy) put one on his C2S cab and that car was VERY fast when I rode in it a few times.

BTW, have you considered lowering your car a little? It would complete the package IMO. Mine is lowered about 3/4" using Damptronics, and I love the look and feel.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:55 AM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
Awesome! I was JUST poking around the TPC posts today and saw your posts saying you'd love to do it. And now you're doing it! Would love a ride in it one day to see what it feels like. Good luck!

Old 03-15-2012, 12:52 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
This should be interesting.....subscribed!

Old 03-15-2012, 01:11 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Keep us posted. I considered putting a supercharger on my 07 T4S a few years ago, and even bought a used SC. But I changed my mind and sold it. But a friend (Justatoy) put one on his C2S cab and that car was VERY fast when I rode in it a few times.

BTW, have you considered lowering your car a little? It would complete the package IMO. Mine is lowered about 3/4" using Damptronics, and I love the look and feel.
Will do! I really like the looks of the damptronics, does the car scrap when driving in and out of a driveway more with them? That's why I have always held off.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by rye595
Awesome! I was JUST poking around the TPC posts today and saw your posts saying you'd love to do it. And now you're doing it! Would love a ride in it one day to see what it feels like. Good luck!
Sure! It will be a new experience for us both! Everyone I've talked to that's done it has said its terrific and really opens the engine up. I'm as curious as I am nervous!

Old 03-15-2012, 02:00 PM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
out of curiousity, why not the TPC turbo? (actually, i thought TPC discontinued their SC in favor of the turbo - more power or more linear/smooth or something...)

Old 03-15-2012, 02:05 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Congrats on the move, it is a slippery slope, and you are on it at full speed now.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:16 PM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
i too am interested in seeing/hearing your results...i s/c'ed an audi a6 2.8 a few years ago, went from 200 to +/- 300 hp, was a great move, i thought, noticeable difference in power, it was way slow before and marginally fast after, but the sound was really cool, it will be awesome in this car , worth doing for sure

Old 03-15-2012, 02:48 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
Will do! I really like the looks of the damptronics, does the car scrap when driving in and out of a driveway more with them? That's why I have always held off.
I have to be careful with gutters and driveway entrances, but it is manageable. It is one reason I limited the lowering to 3/4". More severe grade change situations are OK if I can take them at an angle, and slowly. Any more and it would be more of a PITA. I also chose not to put a front lip on for the same reason. Mine is a DD and I couldn't afford to be too restricted by over-lowering the car.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:09 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
subscribed!

Old 03-15-2012, 04:23 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
You'll really like the SC Don. I had an 06 C4S that I added a Ruf Kompressor when I lived in Denver - it was great. Should never have sold the car. Power increase with the SC is very linear.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:40 PM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribed.
I supercharged my former E46 M3 'Vert with an ASA blower for 500 HP (429 RWHP) and loved it - beastly!

I'm considering going F/I again but this time if I do it I'll go with the turbo (not that I didn't like the S/C). I've seen the TPC videos and they're impressive and running low boost. Any idea what the output will be with their S/C? Which blower? Also, what made you decide on the S/C versus their turbo? Regrets on all the questions - just curious.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:02 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Very cool Doni! Next time I'm in Denver I may have to check out that bad boy in person.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:15 PM
TomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the rough
Hey Don -
VERY cool.
Good luck with everything in the project, Hope it's a terrific success.
But do NOT lower that thing until after your drive out to the BuckSnort.
And take a shot of it with Red Rocks in the background.
Have fun.
All the best.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TPC Supercharger going on my '07 Targa 4S