997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Alright ! I blew my engine and I need help. Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 08:47 PM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
Looking forward for input about build the bore engine.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:48 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Poser Karma !

Old 05-05-2012, 08:56 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
from hitting the rev limiter?...damn I'm in trouble...

get an engine from a totaled car...good luck

Old 05-05-2012, 09:05 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Get a used engine, your core has a value, unless it has a hole in it.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:16 PM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 2006997C4SCab
Poser Karma !
I hope that was a joke.

Have u done anything to the internal to hold up your SC?
I have seen people doing FI to stock motor. I wonder how the engine can hold up? If my failed that easy.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
from hitting the rev limiter?...damn I'm in trouble...

get an engine from a totaled car...good luck
I found some motor for 10k-12k but I still want to know if bore out the block with better pistons and rods will cost not too much over buying the whole engine.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:22 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tunedbygoody
I found some motor for 10k-12k but I still want to know if bore out the block with better pistons and rods will cost not too much over buying the whole engine.
I don't think you can know what you can do with it until you open it up. It will depend on what failed and what else it destroyed. Sorry to hear this.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone has input regarding build up the motor such as a bore kit with better piston and rods ?
I'm actually really interested in Bore kit solution but can not find any source.

please....
I blew my motor at the track last summer - and a bunch of other stuff; turbos, intercoolers, exhaust, etc. Until you disassemble the motor to find out what's "bent" you won't know what you are dealing with. In my case, I needed new rods and bearings but the pistons, sleeves, cams, crank, etc. were fine. I looked at it as an opportunity to rebuild the motor with improved Carrillo rods, ARP bearings, strengthened head bolts, hellfire gaskets, etc. I'm now nine months into this project for a variety of reasons, some good, some not. A big bore kit will add ~$10K to whatever else you are looking at.

If everything is trashed, a new motor is probably the way to go - but you need to open it up to find out or at least slip a bore scope into it a take a peek. If you just need to replace the rods and bearings its a pita but not a (really) big deal. The only caveat I would offer is to make sure you take it to a shop where they know what they are doing and they have the resources to do it like Sharkwerks. Your local mechanic who lives on changing oil and brakes ain't the guy to hire no matter what he says. After seven months I finally shipped mine to Phoenix where it is being rebuilt and repaired by Evolution Motorsports. Talk to Ian there if you want their advice. Best,

PS I really feel for you.....I was a mess for more than several weeks after my incident. Just remember, it's a car and no one, hopefully, was hurt. Hang in there.

Last edited by Steamboat; 05-05-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:36 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Really sorry to hear this, but I don't think hitting the rev limit would crater a perfectly good engine. Something was wrong with this to begin with. Any CPO protection?

Old 05-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Steamboat
I blew my motor at the track last summer - and a bunch of other stuff; turbos, intercoolers, exhaust, etc. Until you disassemble the motor to find out what's "bent" you won't know what you are dealing with. In my case, I needed new rods and bearings but the pistons, sleeves, cams, crank, etc. were fine. I looked at it as an opportunity to rebuild the motor with improved Carrillo rods, ARP bearings, strengthened head bolts, hellfire gaskets, etc. I'm now nine months into this project for a variety of reasons, some good, some not. A big bore kit will add ~$10K to whatever else you are looking at.

If everything is trashed, a new motor is probably the way to go - but you need to open it up to find out or at least slip a bore scope into it a take a peek. If you just need to replace the rods and bearings its a pita but not a (really) big deal. The only caveat I would offer is to make sure you take it to a shop where they know what they are doing and they have the resources to do it like Sharkwerks. Your local mechanic who lives on changing oil and brakes ain't the guy to hire no matter what he says. After seven months I finally shipped mine to Phoenix where it is being rebuilt and repaired by Evolution Motorsports. Talk to Ian there if you want their advice. Best,

PS I really feel for you.....I was a mess for more than several weeks after my incident. Just remember, it's a car and no one, hopefully, was hurt. Hang in there.
Sharkwerks said swap a used motor and sell the car and get Gt3 instead of doing work on this motor. They said this motor is weak and they dont have any input reguarding bore this Carrera motor. They havent done one. And they said not worth the money

Old 05-05-2012, 10:19 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Sharkwerks said swap a used motor and sell the car and get Gt3 instead of doing work on this motor. They said this motor is weak and they dont have any input reguarding bore this Carrera motor. They havent done one. And they said not worth the money
I agree 100%, had a very well modded C2S, and made the swap to the GT3...totally different car.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Sorry to hear about this. Like others here have said, I didn't think hitting the rev limiter should be a problems (that's why the limiter is there). I'll be interested in hearing about how this turns out -- especially if you're able to figure out what went wrong.

That's quite a photo!

Old 05-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
I agree, get it fixed and get a GT3. Sounds like you are a track junkie, a GT3 is build to be driven hard. Sorry to hear about the engine. Good luck.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:29 PM
I know it would be a better idea to get gt3 but only if i can afford it. I got my car for a really good price. GT3 still out of my budget.

Seem like the swapping used motor will be the best idea after i heard from everyone.
Thanks

Old 05-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Buy a 996 GT3, they are great deals.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alright ! I blew my engine and I need help. Please