997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Alright ! I blew my engine and I need help. Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 10:55 PM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Buy a 996 GT3, they are great deals.
Thanks for advice but I hate how 996 look inside out.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:56 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Check with LN Engineering. They rebuild motors and have a 4.0 engine kit.

Originally Posted by tunedbygoody
Anyone has input regarding build up the motor such as a bore kit with better piston and rods ?
I'm actually really interested in Bore kit solution but can not find any source.

please....

Last edited by 808c2s; 05-06-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:55 AM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 808c2s
Check with LN Engineering. They rebuild motors and has a 4.0 engine kit.
Thanks for that ! That's what I'm looking for. I'll keep this posted.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:16 AM
maximumboost is on a distinguished road
I am sorry to hear this, its same what happened to my 997.2 DFI 3.6 engine 2009, but no flame like you car, i hope you solve this problem as fast as you can.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ar-broken.html

Old 05-06-2012, 07:21 AM
mihink can only hope to improve
gt3rs badge on a standard C2S..really? poser:

Anyways...good luck to you.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:44 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tunedbygoody
I know it would be a better idea to get gt3 but only if i can afford it. I got my car for a really good price. GT3 still out of my budget.
Sorry to hear about this but based on what happened you didn't get your car "for a really good price". Get a GT3.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:23 AM
jacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nice
Rev limiter

Definitely not a rev limiter issue; my driving instructor / coach pushes me to try to push / engage this frequently, and never any problems on what is a bone stock car relative to engine internals

Old 05-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Is it possible that the car was tuned and the Rev Limiter was deactivated or perhaps it's effective position moved up the rpm range?

Old 05-06-2012, 10:03 AM
1irondog is on a distinguished road
I'm the previous owner, owned the car for two years, was taken care of by head mechanic at McKenna porsche in LA.
Tracked the car myself and had NO issues. The car has been solid, if you ask me driver error!!!!
Truly sad I loved that car
FYI - I had the car badged with 911 he's the one that put GT3 on it!
I can bet that he downshifted from fourth to third & blew it up!!!

Last edited by 1irondog; 05-06-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:08 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Not that this would give the answer to the failure...but why don't you plug in a Durametric cable and see what the rev report tells you. The last owner may have hit the upper end several times and caused some minor damage and when you took it to the track running it hard as you say.....that may have been the final straw..sort of speak.

Sorry for your issue...good luck.

P.S. not to be mean....but the badging comments were exactly what I was thinking. If someone did that to a car I was looking at buying....I would run away....not an honest person to pose like that. IMO.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:35 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
this thread is going south in 3... 2...

Old 05-06-2012, 10:48 AM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
Waiting with bated breath for next salvo!

Old 05-06-2012, 10:55 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
For starters, to me, his badging is no different than "you" who have added "turbo fronts", "turbo rears", led lights or any other "mod" that is newer than your car's registration. So either answer his question, which we can't, or leave it be.

As I stated earlier, he'll have to have the engine tested and - rebuilt, replaced w/ new, or replaced with remanufactured. His badging didn't cause the blowout. Cool pictures though.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:03 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 1irondog
I'm the previous owner, owned the car for two years, was taken care of by head mechanic at McKenna porsche in LA.
Tracked the car myself and had NO issues. The car has been solid, if you ask me driver error!!!!
Truly sad I loved that car
FYI - I had the car badged with 911 he's the one that put GT3 on it!
I can bet that he downshifted from fourth to third & blew it up!!!
According to his post, he didn't shift. Did he know the car had been tracked? I'm just curious - not that it necessarily makes a difference. Since both of you are on here, maybe one of you heard a tick or knock once and disregarded it? You know the car best.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:46 AM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
get this take the motor and part out the rest
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...item2ebdd02e60

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alright ! I blew my engine and I need help. Please