997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Alright ! I blew my engine and I need help. Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 06:37 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by tunedbygoody
Seriously I'm not embracing or anything badging the car like that.
It is my car. I paid for it. I can put HKS sticker on it or even put I love JDM sticker. If anyone not happy with it then buy my car and rebadge them however you want.

Only reason I said I bought the car like this because I want to focus on getting input about my problem.

What not honest with what happen. I have a VDO when the car died. I'll post on later.
No one here is going to give you the answer your looking for. Take out the engine...tear it apart and get your answer. You ran the risk of failure taking your car to the track. There has to be more to this..but on a forum we will never know. If anyone tells you they know exactly what happen then they are not being honest. You have to take out the engine and get the answer, otherwise suck it up and get a new engine.

We did get off point somewhat here...but you opened a can of worms when the badging issue was raised. I didn't even see that...but people here on the forum are very bright and very helpful. Once you were dishonest about the badging....well at least for me...I felt you probably blow the engine....if not and you were totally not a fault...there is only one way to find out.

I think you got some good responses and you can overlook our other comments about the real model of your car....move forward with those very intelligent answers and let us know...if you want to know what happened...oh yeah....post that Video...if VDO meant video.

Last edited by RaidersR1; 05-06-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:39 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I do like your Avatar though.
imho if that was how it blew it does not look like IMS issue. more like if valve broke off. obviously until engine gets opened it is pointless to guess.

Last edited by utkinpol; 05-06-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:41 PM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by NorthVan
The best way to do a GT3 conversion is to take your C2S to a dealer that has a GT3, and trade it in on the GT3.
thank you.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:44 PM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
I'm not trying to get answer what really happen.
I know no one can really tell unless I part out the engine.

My main concern is more about rebuild this motor with better internal.
That's what I really need.

I didn't really wonder what is the best way to convert my car to gt3rs or badging or anything.

thanks

Old 05-06-2012, 06:47 PM
here is youtube.
Motor blew around 0:17 in video.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:56 PM
chudso will become famous soon enough
Damn, sorry about what happened....I thought these cars were made to be driven hard....now I'm a little worried about taking mine back out to the track. Good luck with the repairs.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:57 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
I'm not trying to get answer what really happen.
I know no one can really tell unless I part out the engine.

My main concern is more about rebuild this motor with better internal.
That's what I really need.

I didn't really wonder what is the best way to convert my car to gt3rs or badging or anything.

thanks
At least your fender matches the rear!!

Old 05-06-2012, 06:57 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
I think there are several options but ONE TWO matter in the first phase:
1/ Open the engine
2/ Find a replacement engine.

Make THAT decision first as it will tell you how much money you will allocate right off the bat - and you are one step closer to driving your car.

Thinking, that if you are hard on the car... Porsche 911 may not be what you need. Get a dedicated track car, Panoz for instance... with an engine that you can repair and pull apart... because is't gonna happen again... real soon if you are real heavy!!
Good luck and keep us posted...

Old 05-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by RaidersR1
At least your fender matches the rear!!
Now from video. Do you still think this is driver error ?

Old 05-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by hroussard
I think there are several options but ONE TWO matter in the first phase:
1/ Open the engine
2/ Find a replacement engine.

Make THAT decision first as it will tell you how much money you will allocate right off the bat - and you are one step closer to driving your car.

Thinking, that if you are hard on the car... Porsche 911 may not be what you need. Get a dedicated track car, Panoz for instance... with an engine that you can repair and pull apart... because is't gonna happen again... real soon if you are real heavy!!
Good luck and keep us posted...

It could be just a bad luck on motor.
My friend has 996 c2s and he VF supercharged with 5-6psi now has 97000 miles and he boost all day long at the track. Stock internal.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Now from video. Do you still think this is driver error ?
Didn't hear a downshift....sounds like it just blew.....looks like you have to open up to find out.

Look for a used engine and throw that in. I wouldn't trust a rebuild of that engine.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Didn't hear a downshift....sounds like it just blew.....looks like you have to open up to find out.

Look for a used engine and throw that in. I wouldn't trust a rebuild of that engine.
Yes.

I was on third gear why would I want to down shift coming out from that turn.
Just like I told at the first place it just hit the rev limit and boom. I didn't even want to shift up or down at all. I was even pay attention about shifting.

now all honest thing been proved for you sir ??

Old 05-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Yes.

I was on third gear why would I want to down shift coming out from that turn.
Just like I told at the first place it just hit the rev limit and boom. I didn't even want to shift up or down at all. I was even pay attention about shifting.

now all honest thing been proved for you sir ??
You didn't have to prove to me....just be honest with yourself. Be honest with what you want to do. It's unfortunate..hope it works out for you.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:39 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
That's amazing. You have photos and video of your catastrophe.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:47 PM
You didn't have to prove to me....just be honest with yourself. Be honest with what you want to do. It's unfortunate..hope it works out for you.
Your sarcastic sentence asked me to prove something.

Enuf said !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alright ! I blew my engine and I need help. Please