997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Small indentations in leather seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 12:09 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Small indentations in leather seats

I have a few small indentations in my leathers seats from sitting boxes on them at one point. Has anyone had any success at smoothing them out? If so, please share with me.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
My suggestion would be to lay a damp (NOT wet) cloth over the indents and then take an iron on silk setting and gently smooth it over the area. Don't try to iron it; just let the moisture do the work. Don't touch any painted surface.

However, to be safe, you may want tp go to a reputable detail shop and ask their advice before trying the above. They may have a better way. Be sure and slip them a fiver for their trouble.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:30 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Hair dryer May work as well as long as it is not overheated

Old 07-24-2012, 03:44 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
leather conditioner and a nice hot day. Just keep adding the conditioner and letting it soak in.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:56 AM
bmwpowercn is on a distinguished road
Here is a story makes me cry. This week I stuffed my Audi S5 carbin and trunk with full of Coke cans and bottles, then I cannot see nothing from my mirror because of moving stock out of my friend's business. After two days, when I'm doing my regular interior cleaning, I'm shocked. My back seats and front seats backs are full of deep identations, due to the weight of those cans and the edge of the steel cans. Now things get a bit interesting. what should I do? I will post some photos for everyone to have a fun time....

Old 07-17-2014, 09:06 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
If its a front seat and it is heated after running the damp cloth over turn the seat warmer on or try a heating pad. Iron sounds scary.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:13 AM
martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by function12
leather conditioner and a nice hot day. Just keep adding the conditioner and letting it soak in.
+1 that worked for me

Old 07-17-2014, 10:08 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmwpowercn
Here is a story makes me cry. This week I stuffed my Audi S5 carbin and trunk with full of Coke cans and bottles, then I cannot see nothing from my mirror because of moving stock out of my friend's business. After two days, when I'm doing my regular interior cleaning, I'm shocked. My back seats and front seats backs are full of deep identations, due to the weight of those cans and the edge of the steel cans. Now things get a bit interesting. what should I do? I will post some photos for everyone to have a fun time....
if you are in a hot climate you should never leave cans or bottles in your car, i left some in my garage and then we had a pretty hot day, they exploded and sprayed coke everywhere

Old 07-17-2014, 01:11 PM
SecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant future
Brutal. Soft leather is fairly malleable, especially when hot. The iron on a damp cloth is a good suggestion - so long as the cloth is still wet, it won't overheat. You can also use a hair dryer or even a heat gun, but you do need to be careful not to overheat.

I have a similar dent in my back seat, which I will probably remove and attempt to gently remove with a hair dryer. Massage and smooth the leather as you go.