997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Is a Valentine V1 worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:22 PM
Romysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud of
Is a Valentine V1 worth it?

Just like the title says, I've already done many searches on detector's and so earlier today I purchased a v1. Then I started fumbling around on the net and found some articles saying that with the current laser tech, the cops are winning the battle and the v1 among other is almost obsolete.

Whadaya all think?

Old 08-29-2013, 08:43 PM
DJSArcade is on a distinguished road
Very worth it.

Many cops still shoot radar, even when shooting laser.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:19 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Not enough Laser detection around to really worry about, at least where I live (NC). My Valentine radar detector has paid for itself many times over. You made a great choice.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:23 PM
SBPORSCHE is on a distinguished road
Every single day

Old 08-29-2013, 10:15 PM
SBPORSCHE is on a distinguished road
A v1 should come installed in our cars. I can't even count how many times its alerted me of a apples tap ahead and saved me from that surprising moment ( that is very unsafe) . You'll know where they are miles ahead of coming to them.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:38 PM
DallasDave is on a distinguished road
Once you have the arrows, no other detector will do.

The only defense against laser is a shifter/jammer set-up. Unfortunately they are starting to be outlawed across the country. I had shifters on multiple vehicles, but they were outlawed in Texas as 2011 - fine if your caught with them. Generally the motorcycle cops here that use laser. Majority still use radar and the V1 has saved me too many times to count.

Be safe.

Dave

Old 08-29-2013, 11:13 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
yes.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:17 PM
blackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Romysc4s
Just like the title says, I've already done many searches on detector's and so earlier today I purchased a v1. Then I started fumbling around on the net and found some articles saying that with the current laser tech, the cops are winning the battle and the v1 among other is almost obsolete.

Whadaya all think?

Don't worry. If you have a legitimately purchased unit with a valid unit# you can check the V1 website for updates. Your unit can be upgraded with new features; not sure if you have to send the unit or they do over the 'net. Check the website for more info!!

Old 08-30-2013, 01:53 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
My V1 has saved my butt many, many times particularly on the highway. I am disappointed that they have not advanced the product much in terms of false alarms. I love the concept of the Passport 9500 in terms of being able to turn off false alarms via GPS location. I rarely use my V1 in town because it goes off so much...

Old 08-30-2013, 02:21 AM
silver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the rough
I love my V1. No detector is a guarantee or a hall pass to speed, but having the V1 actually raises my situational awareness compared to when I'm driving a car without one.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:33 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
v1 rocks, have had it for years just listen to it
i got a laser ticket with it though, no detector is fool proof

Last edited by handdoc; 08-30-2013 at 03:34 AM. Reason: sp
Old 08-30-2013, 04:15 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by silver329
I love my V1. No detector is a guarantee or a hall pass to speed, but having the V1 actually raises my situational awareness compared to when I'm driving a car without one.
+1

Although I used another type of system in the turbo cab, all my other cars have V-1's and have saved me multiple times.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:04 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Yes. Get one.

I live in Northern California and it goes off all of the time. The CHP does use laser but more in a wide open shooting fish in a barrel method. They use the radar to just park and cast a wide net over a big area. It's really most advantageous on a a slightly windy stretch where it gives you a slight warning before the LEO gets a chance to see you. They'll know someone was speeding but won't have a visual confirmation. As long as you're not all alone you can just blend in with the herd.

It's paid for itself may times over in avoided tickets.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:19 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
V1 is worth very penny. Combo it with a laser interceptor and you are 99% safe...kind of like using a condom.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:38 AM
Romysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud of
Thank you all for the positive feedback. Driving to Vegas this weekend and I'm all excited to put this baby to work!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is a Valentine V1 worth it?