997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

CA. drivers, are u running a front plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 10:38 AM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
CA. drivers, are u running a front plate

im not on my P car...curious what others are doing in CA.,any problems from the CHP?

Old 01-19-2015, 10:45 AM
mlandingin177 is on a distinguished road
No plate for me. I sometimes get no front plate tickets when I am parked in the San Francisco.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:45 AM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Never put a front plate on my cars. I'll pay the fine but never been stopped.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:12 PM
silver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the rough
No front plate. No problem. In fact in Cali, there are large number of cars that run with no plates...

Old 01-19-2015, 12:21 PM
golfnutintib is on a distinguished road
Negative.

I have one of those screw-in front plate mounters attaching via the front tow hook slot -- if and when I do get pulled over for any reason, and get a fix it ticket...

Old 01-19-2015, 12:31 PM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by mlandingin177
No plate for me. I sometimes get no front plate tickets when I am parked in the San Francisco.
No plate either. It's the meter maids that ticket you for no front plates. If I'm in the city, I park in a lot and avoid the risk and frustration.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:31 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Have not had a front plate on a number of cars over the years. Never a problem. 'course, I do not park in public lots or lots associated with court houses, or other government agencies that are patrolled by parking cops nor do I park on streets that are patrolled parking cops.

I've been pulled over a few times for speeding but I have found if you are going fast enough the officer is not concerned about the missing front plate...

Old 01-19-2015, 01:00 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
not from chp

been pulled over several times but they've never cited me for no-front plate (knock on wood lol)

however, I've been ticketed few times by the meter-maids on the streets.
Now I avoid any metered street parking if I can

Old 01-19-2015, 01:18 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Some of our customers opt for the tow eye mounting options as to avoid drilling into the front bumper - but it's really the luck of the draw if you get popped or not for not having a front plate. I'd say pay the fine and keep that bumper un-drilled if at all possible haha!

Old 01-19-2015, 02:22 PM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
The way municipalities are scrounging for money these days, they have been writing chicken-shXX tickets like front plates. There is no such thing as a free fix-it ticket anymore. They all have administrative fees attached to them. Most cops will always leave one obvious violation un-written as it gives any other cop probable cause to stop you and have a look. Nowadays I have front plates on my daily drivers. I pay enough to the government w/o giving them BS ticket money.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:43 PM
rickdogg82 will become famous soon enough
Haven't had a front plate for 30 years - no tickets.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:59 PM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
I don't feel so guilty now, seems im in the majority of the CA drivers.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:44 PM
blakecam will become famous soon enoughblakecam will become famous soon enough
I keep a tow hook mount in the frunk. I figure if I get stopped, I will play stupid (won't have to try that hard) and say that it fell off or something.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:24 PM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
not from chp been pulled over several times but they've never cited me for no-front plate (knock on wood lol) however, I've been ticketed few times by the meter-maids on the streets. Now I avoid any metered street parking if I can
Yep it's the meter maids you have to worry about. I got popped in South Pasadena. No biggy as it is a small price to pay to have a clean front bumper.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:53 PM
Hatzenbach has a spectacular aura aboutHatzenbach has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Macster
I've been pulled over a few times for speeding but I have found if you are going fast enough the officer is not concerned about the missing front plate...
Actually this worked out great for me once.
I got pulled over for speeding and somehow at the end the CHP officer gave me the choice between a moving violation or a fix it ticket for the missing front plate - this was in the car before my current ride.
I got my 997 used and it has two super-fugly holes in the front bumper (for the license plate holder) from the previous owner, so my new ride has a front plate :-(

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CA. drivers, are u running a front plate