997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Has this ever happened to anyone here??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 06:14 PM
y2kgixxer will become famous soon enough
Has this ever happened to anyone here??

As i was driving, the rear side window just popped off. I was lucky enough that it fell on grass and was in one piece. But looking at it closely, it looks like it became separated from the adhesive.

Attached Images    
Old 05-27-2015, 06:18 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
never seen or heard that....

Old 05-27-2015, 09:40 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
first that I've of.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:01 PM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
R U hauling children in back seat

Old 05-28-2015, 01:20 PM
ACRB is on a distinguished road
That's a weird one.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:32 PM
wc11 has a spectacular aura aboutwc11 has a spectacular aura about
Wow!
Was that replaced prviously and not done right?

Old 05-28-2015, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by barncobob
R U hauling children in back seat
yes, but she was sitting on the other side and the other one was in the front seat. it happend as i was leaving my house, was going about 20mph.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:02 PM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
wow; could have been worse!… glad things are a ok.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:23 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
That is a strange one. Sorry, but glad that was all that popped out!

Old 05-29-2015, 05:52 AM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
I've had it happen on a SUV. It was the original glass from the factory that was defective. In my case the side window had clips permanently attached that separated. The entire glass panel came off in one piece without breaking, just the clips separated. It had nothing to do with the seal like on a windshield. The only solution was to replace the entire panel.

Not sure how the p-car one attaches but it looks similar.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:23 AM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Might have luck calling the dealer and seeing what they have to say about it just falling off..? (Maybe something similar has happened elsewhere). Glad the glass didn't break!

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 05-29-2015, 08:54 PM
After taking a closer look, the weatherstrip that hold the glass was missing all the rivets on the lower portion, so i bought some pop rivets, epoxy the clips back and problem solved. I also took a look at the drivers side and same thing.. all the rivets where missing and also the rear bolt was hanging on by 2 threads. Who ever had the car before me must have been in an accident. (carfax showed clean when i bought the car, but thats a different thread all on its own) and now the car is so much quieter from what i thought was a misaligned sunroof. the noise was coming from the right front corner.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:00 PM
thedips is on a distinguished road
whoa scary... i have some wind noise and rattle i can't track always thinking sunroof but maybe time to check the rear quarter window hehe... glad everyone is ok

Old 06-02-2015, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by thedips
whoa scary... i have some wind noise and rattle i can't track always thinking sunroof but maybe time to check the rear quarter window hehe... glad everyone is ok
easy check, push on the window from the outside. if it has a fair amount of play, then you would need to tighten the rear bolt. just remove the inner weather seal and the rear pillar trim to gain access