997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 CD changer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 05:24 AM
no1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to all
997.1 CD changer

My CD changer doesn't work correctly just wondering if you guys have had same experience/suggestions.

It loads and ejects fine and it plays the CD's, just at 0.75x speed

Yep it plays the CDs a little slower than normal, any ideas? I've already tried a CD lens cleaning disc. Didn't work.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:29 PM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
We all slow down with age..

Sorry, not a clue!

Old 10-13-2015, 11:12 PM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
What about if you play the same CD from the CD slot on the PCM directly? Does it sound slower as well?

Old 10-13-2015, 11:13 PM
no1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to all
No. Just from the CD changer, the beat is slower and the vocals are deeper.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:10 AM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
The frunk can see quite a bit of heat. Between heat and age I'm not surprised you are seeing a problem with an electro-mechanical device in that area.

You could verify the power at the CD changer. If for some reason it was low the motor could be spinning at a slower speed (long shot). Check the cable going into the CD changer. Pin A1 Red/Green is power. Pin A2 Brown/Brown is ground. This same power line is shared with the NAV unit.

If power looks good then you would probably need to replace the CD changer unit itself as there's very little you could do to repair the unit. Then you really need to ask yourself if it's worth the money to fix this obsolete technology on your car. I'd remove the CD changer entirely and hook up an iPod instead using something aftermarket to make the connection. More songs and no moving parts for the win.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:27 AM
That's a good point, I tried once to install a Bluetooth thing to play music, halfway through the installation the guy realised that the Bluetooth kit would not be able to use the bose sub, thus making it useless for music, so the installation was aborted. Is there something that you plug onto the end of the CD changer cable ?

Old 10-14-2015, 09:30 AM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
In the world of digital music, this problem sounds more like a faulty DAC (digital to analog converter) than something do with with the speed of the motor.

But regardless, it does sound like the CD changer needs replacing. And you really should look into getting a solution to use an a phone / tablet instead. I use the Dension 500BT interface, which replaced the CD changer completely, allows a direct USB connection with my iPad that's left in the car permanently for Music and Google maps, and it pairs with my iPhone automacdtically for phone calls. And I've seen a few post with positive reviews on other options as well.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:50 AM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
I too have a Dension 500S BT. It works great! Mine although is hooked to an IPod which stays in the trunk for MP3's but everything else works, cd and changer, IPhone paired nicely! It does sound like your changer is on the out's? Good luck and let us know!

Old 10-14-2015, 03:26 PM
^^^ This sounds like what I would be interested in.

I don't want to start pulling out the console or PCM. So there is a device which installs in the frunk and only the frunk? How do you control it?

Is there something you can connect to the CD changer connections that allows you to stream music via Bluetooth that would work with the bose system?

Old 10-14-2015, 07:44 PM
The Dension is connected via optical fiber. It's little interface that can be installed in the frunk by taking over the existing connection to the CD changer. You will then run the USB cable from the frunk back into the cabin for your iPad/iPod, and/or pair your phone via Bluetooth.

After I knew how easy it was to remove the PCM, I reinstalled the Dension to be just right behind where the PCM is. It's just to gain the maximum BT reception and easier when I need to update the firmware. I also removed the CD changer and Nav completely to free up the space.

But I'm not sure about Bose, mine is a non-Bose.

Here's the post on my set up

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...lot-mount.html

Old 10-14-2015, 10:51 PM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
To the OP you need to look into the tranzit blu hf. Best solution for both phone audio and music steaming . Bypasses all the fibre optic stuff and is easy to install. Do a search on 6spd.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by myw
To the OP you need to look into the tranzit blu hf. Best solution for both phone audio and music steaming . Bypasses all the fibre optic stuff and is easy to install. Do a search on 6spd.
I had a look at it looks similar to the parrot Bluetooth kit, Id say this wont be able to use the bose sub.