997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

NAV-TV Bluetooth Adapter for 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 07:14 PM
scuzy is on a distinguished road
pocket here too

Old 01-14-2008, 09:52 PM
jfr0317 is on a distinguished road
Nav-TV has a new Tooki update available for download on their website. It is supposed to fix certain issues with recognition of the PCM amplifier. I just downloaded it and updated my Tooki without issue.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:52 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 2006997C4SCab
Bob,
Here is where I put my Treo. (When no one is in the passenger seat)
The seat belt lock mechanism holds it against the plastic in place and it does not go anywhere but at the same time it's easily accessible for when I need it.

The Treo is thicker than the I-Phone though so not sure how it would work for you.

Walt

You are going to scratch that painted console buddy.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:31 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
I wondered about that. The phone front is also plastic and the phone does not move once it is in that position. I have been doing this for the last couple of months and have not discovered any scratches yet.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:32 PM
i just place my phone on the side of the door compartment or my pocket works real well.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Follow-up my tooki won't install the new 1-14-08 update. Not sure why it's not installing. Waiting on navtv for a fix. Right now tooki still works. It just never gotten the update.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:35 AM
bob/ft.worth is on a distinguished road
RIP Tooki

R.I.P tooki.
Thursday evening i went to start the car and noticed that the PCM said no telephone module installed. No matter what i try (lock car/unlock), it won't wake it up. It's operating on the Jan 3 update ,so not the later one that caused some trouble. Tried BT updating with the original 1/3 and then with the newest 1/17 but it's RIP.

message in to Nav-TV for their advice...

Installed Walt's Tooki (2006997C4SCab) that same evening and all went well. Must be a rule only 1-Tooki per household or maybe it's the UFO interference here in Texas

Old 01-19-2008, 08:52 AM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
can you watch a video on the nav screen with the Nav-TV ipod hookup?

Old 01-20-2008, 07:29 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Hey that's a good question...I have the nav tv ipod hookup and didn't try it...I would seriously doubt that it will work...the interface is clumsy to start with so I just don't see the video working but I'll try it.

I know that the ipod controls are disabled forcing use of the pcm...but I it can be switched to manual...I'll try it out.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Bob,

Nav-tv said there is some tookis with bad osciliator crytals. You should send it in.

http://navtv.com/forum/index.php?topic=135.0

Last edited by scuzy; 01-21-2008 at 10:02 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-21-2008, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, Scuzy

Guess my ocillator isn't ocillating anymore (I hate when that happens)

Old 01-21-2008, 11:30 AM
RIP update: Nav-TV is shipping a new one today. great customer service.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Forgot to add for future installers...

When we did Walt's Tooki (2006997C4S,) he placed the mic on the steering column about where the OEM mesh holes are. There is NO echo with this location. He's called using the Tooki and it sounded very good. My location by the map light gives some echo. I think the steering column is going to be the best location; maybe the porsche engineers actually had it right from the git-go.

I'm going to move mine there and/or see if i can place it under the OEM cover if there is enough room.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:54 AM
sfguy is on a distinguished road
My Tooki (11/27/07 hardware, with 1/3/08 software update) also died, last Friday 1/18. Symptoms are: phone module no longer appears in PCM, but bluetooth pairing still works.

Funny that they would all die so quickly after the firmware update - maybe the new firmware caused problems with the bad oscillator component. I'm also getting a replacement unit shipped from NAV-TV.

Bob - I'd be interested in your results on moving the microphone from the map light area to the top of the steering column. It will be a pain to move the microphone, but if it works better (particularly with the top down), it may be worth it. Top up with the mic by the map light is fine for me right now, no particularly noticeable echos.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:10 PM
My mic works better when i placed it on the right hand side of my steering wheel dash column. near the door. I have since gotten phone conversation with it there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NAV-TV Bluetooth Adapter for 997