Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Leases on Vantage Sportshift?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Eric H. is on a distinguished road
Leases on Vantage Sportshift?

How do these car lease out? What residuals and MF are people seeing and what banks are these with?

Is 10K discount realistic on an 08 sportshift?

Old 03-18-2008, 10:37 PM
bhsccb is on a distinguished road
Ask for $15k off in a 'big' market-those dealers have plenty of inventory. However, they lease out TERRIBLE! Big depreciatrion in the finance models.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:03 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bhsccb
Ask for $15k off in a 'big' market-those dealers have plenty of inventory. However, they lease out TERRIBLE! Big depreciatrion in the finance models.
In the V8V case, do you think it makes more sense to buy the car than to lease because of residuals value? I love the car, but I worried about all the issues that come with it, so leasing it for 2 years will be perfect. But I think the monthly will be way too high because of the depreciation. Maybe buying it and sell after 2 or 3 years will be less of a hit?

Old 03-22-2008, 07:35 PM
DodgeViper01 is on a distinguished road
Purchase a one or two year old model and allow the $20K - $30K hit to be taken by someone else. These cars are around $120K new and a 2007 or 2006 can be had in the mid to high $90s. I love the look of these cars but would never purchase a new one for the depreciation reason alone!

Old 03-23-2008, 09:18 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT will become famous soon enoughGHOSTRIDER-TT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by DodgeViper01
Purchase a one or two year old model and allow the $20K - $30K hit to be taken by someone else. These cars are around $120K new and a 2007 or 2006 can be had in the mid to high $90s. I love the look of these cars but would never purchase a new one for the depreciation reason alone!
The sportshift wasn't available prior to '08 I believe so this won't help unless he sits it out for 2 yrs or will consider a 6MT.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Actually Sport Shift was available in 07 ...

Old 03-24-2008, 05:40 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT will become famous soon enoughGHOSTRIDER-TT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
Actually Sport Shift was available in 07 ...
Hmmm, must have been at the end of the model year run. If I recall correctly I was in the AM store in October 07 and they didn't have one yet.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:39 AM
Drove one (sportshift) in June of '07 - it was presented as an '07 to me (not MY '08) - they were trying to get me to buy it. Actually had 2 on the lot - one demo, other had only a few miles on odo. I bought a standard shift. If I drove in more daily big city traffic I probably would have gone w/ sportshift.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:13 PM
robbie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
Drove one (sportshift) in June of '07 - it was presented as an '07 to me (not MY '08) - they were trying to get me to buy it. Actually had 2 on the lot - one demo, other had only a few miles on odo. I bought a standard shift. If I drove in more daily big city traffic I probably would have gone w/ sportshift.
How does the sportshift compare to the manual? Same driver satisfaction or null? Thanks

Old 03-29-2008, 12:54 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by robbie
How does the sportshift compare to the manual? Same driver satisfaction or null? Thanks
I got a sport shift, one of the few 07 coupes with the option. I drive almost all tighter mountain roads and love the sport shift. Its not as quick shifting as the CS but from 5k rpms up it shifts at 150ms, which is very quick. The throttle blip is present going up or down and its a great option for cars that don't have huge torque as its very easy to keep right on top of the power band.
The other element that I have come to really love about paddle shifting is being able to keep both hands on the wheel all the time.

My car had 1k on it when I bought it, now over 3k and climbing. Love the car, the awesome balance and feel and of course the killer design.
I am beginning a mod program with Racing Sport concepts and will be posting pics and impressions of their NA power kit and some other mods.

Old 03-29-2008, 06:54 PM
robbie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by riverflyer
I got a sport shift, one of the few 07 coupes with the option. I drive almost all tighter mountain roads and love the sport shift. Its not as quick shifting as the CS but from 5k rpms up it shifts at 150ms, which is very quick. The throttle blip is present going up or down and its a great option for cars that don't have huge torque as its very easy to keep right on top of the power band.
The other element that I have come to really love about paddle shifting is being able to keep both hands on the wheel all the time.

My car had 1k on it when I bought it, now over 3k and climbing. Love the car, the awesome balance and feel and of course the killer design.
I am beginning a mod program with Racing Sport concepts and will be posting pics and impressions of their NA power kit and some other mods.
Thanks for the input. I am partial to the sportshift as well. I am not crazy if it shifts faster or not t but more concerned if it takes away from the pleasure of driving experience. From what I read it does not.

Nice to see you are putting some mileage on. Love to see some pics.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:17 AM
That is a much better comment on the sport shift than I could give - I only test drove one for about 20 min.

Can not wait to hear about the upgrade package - I want to do one but am waiting on someone's real life experience.