Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

can your AMV8 do this? the 448HP Vantage C!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
can your AMV8 do this? the 448HP Vantage C!!!!

Here a little Teaser of our 448HP Vantage C power kit in action.. For everyone that has and loves these amazing cars, one universal and single complaint seems to be clear.. CAR NEEDS MORE POWER... Our Power Kit Consists of our Specially Remapped ECU, High FLow 200 Cell Racing Cats and TItan Series Exhaust.. The results have gone well above our initial expectations, We have several dyno pulls and we have been able to get consistant gains between 55 and 67 HP.. We have more time set aside on Monday when we hope the weather will be cooler... One thing is for sure, This car is now transformed, Power increase is noticable throughout the RPM Range and the sound is intoxicating... We also offer a quieter version of our muffler for those that want the power without in your face exhaust note.....
We also have a Remap specific to the Sport shift cars that dramatically improve shift feel and times..
Enjoyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc7B0HPh4OA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPZU0iH7jV4

Old 06-28-2008, 01:36 AM
jchoice is on a distinguished road
Well, I imagine that this won't be cheap...

Old 06-28-2008, 01:43 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds NASTY! (In a good way)

Old 06-28-2008, 02:11 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
The sound is much better than stock

Old 06-28-2008, 07:28 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Looks like you are FINALLY done - and worth it by the sound !!!!!
Yeah now I need to seriously get down there ... how about your suspension efforts ?

Old 06-28-2008, 07:43 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Is anybody regularly tracking these cars?

Old 06-28-2008, 08:07 AM
What do you mean by "tracking" ?

Old 06-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
Looks like you are FINALLY done - and worth it by the sound !!!!!
Yeah now I need to seriously get down there ... how about your suspension efforts ?
Thanks for the comments gents.. This is the way the car should have performed from the factory, Then again if it did, who would spend 50K more on a DB9? The car is not 100% done we hae a really neat intake in the works (think DB9R) and that should round out the N/A powerkit. We are also workig towards completing the S/C kit which should be incredible.

Yes Michael, You really need to take that AM on a road trip...

I wish I had the time to actively track the car as I think it has amazing balance and feel (& now power) I do know that one of our clients (also a 6 speeder) spends some tome at the track with his V8. I see no reason this car wouldnt make a great weekend track car...

Michael.. again time has prevented me from running the car through its paces on track to really test the suspension.. but real world daily driving has improved immensly, Less rebound on uneven sufaces and better cornering and due to the cars short overhangs , I really have no problem with clearance even with our new splitter installed, All in all a great upgrade

Old 06-28-2008, 10:13 AM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
Could you post the before and after dyno graphs?
What is the price range?
Can we program the ECU through the OBD2 port or does the motorola chip need to be physically removed to rewrite it as I've been told before

Old 06-28-2008, 10:14 AM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
One last question, Is this the Prodrive rewrite that Paramount offers or something different?

Old 06-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
What do you mean by "tracking" ?
Well, the AMV8 is about as gorgeous of a car as I could imagine. I've been to many track events, and have yet to see one, despite seeing an incountable amount of more expensive cars out there. I love tracking my car. I go to 6 or so days a month (when I'm in the country) with my 911. But, if all else was equal but the looks (which CANNOT be said of any car and hasn't been said), then I'd have a hard time not switching... frankly... on looks alone. So, I'm asking if these cars REALLY perform. Are there track times to prove it? On VIR? On Road Atlanta? On CMP? Anything that I know here in the south?

That's what I was asking, all because, in due respect, no car matches the 911 for upgradability, everyday driveability, and aftermarket support. If the AMV8 is going to 'get there', then ,well, in the words of George Clooney from "O Brother, Where Art Thou", I'm "in a tight spot". I love the looks more than any car on the market, regardless of price. If there were no compromise otherwise, I'd be in trouble (with $250k invested in a 911S).

Old 06-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Former Vendor
Yes I will post Dyno #' ;s next week, we have done alot of pulls and unfortunetaly they have been done in hot and humid conditions, I am hoping we catch a little break next week as I feel this car can spit a few more HP out
This program has not been an easy one to crack and you are correct, as of now we cannot download the program through the OBD2 port, This system is very different from the Bosch based systems on many of the Euro cars out now.. We are working on a piggy back style system but that may be some time away, For now we do it old school and reprogramm your existing ECU. Price for the complete kit is in the 7K range which is very fair considering the substantial gains. This programm was developed and written specifically for our package by our contract software engineer..

Old 06-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Yes I have had V8V on the track at Sebring - long story short I am an instructor there and have driven it (and others) since 1986 - I know Sebring, I know modded cars. Take a stock 996S or 997S and the V8V will tie it or beat it - depending on driver. A stock car will not last all day - either brand - as the brakes will begin to fade - I curred this and many other track issues (better handling, more power, etc) on many 911's (various models & years) including my heavily modded 996tt (and if you have spent $250k on modding your normally asp. P-car we need to talk - I had spent a lot but not that much and had a genuine 550 HP in the tt - curious were all your $$$ went - but that is another thread).
In answer to your question and what I am trying to say, is as one track junkie to another - you have more support from after market P-car companies than AM after market companies companies by far. The AM V8V has been around for about 3 years and 4500 have been sold world wide (round numbers). 911's have been around since 1965 and a gazillion have been sold. The PCA totally kicks the AM clubs butt - at least in NA. I would not recommend switching from a 996/997 to a V8V for tracking the car 6 times a month - just not the support out there (yet) - and by the way I would by a N24 if I were seriously going to play w/ AM that much on the track. I have loved each of my many P-cars and I am having a blast in my V8V. Yes I will mod my V8V and get it to the track - but realistically I am just to busy now - maybe see the track 4 times a year (which sucks). So there is my 2 cents of ramble ... hope it helped.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Wonderful answer. When the V8 came out, BBC show Top Gear tested it with the M6 and 997S around the Isle of Man. The 997S won. That started me off down the PCar route. I was going to buy the AM. That show did it in for me. I didn't know how much of a track junkie I'd be now either. Heck, I bought 20s for it at first. The car is just gorgeous (the V8). It sounds gorgeous. When they start making them GO, when they start offering more support, then I might have to do something.

Here's my big money vacuum. It IS on another thread actually. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=132168 The figure included the original price of the car. There's around $150k in receipts here, including labor. And it's got a blower. I bought this car when the GT3 and TT weren't out yet. Just jumped right in and got drunk on mods. I like them all though. The car is spectacular, and I think it's about as capable (drivers ceterus parabus) as anything I've ever tracked with.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:27 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
LIke Michael said, the pcar has more support and lots more mods supplies for it.
However, the Amv8 is a wonderful, engaging car at the track. I was getting top speeds on the longest straigtaway close to those of my 12cyl Fcar as much of the top end is determined by the last two corners before the straight.
Great brakes, balance and with Hershels extra 60hp that I am on my way to adding to my rig, should really be fun.
That being said, I would certainly buy a cheaper pcar and mod it to my tastes if I was tracking weekly.
Its not easy to strip much weight out of the v8 without affecting value negatively.
Almost all my driving is done in the mountains and I have found the v8 one of the most engaging, and enjoyable cars. period.

PS, Hershel, just wonderful sound and attitude for the v8 and also very cool the remap for sportshift cars will improve shift feel and speed. You have a winner!!!

Last edited by riverflyer; 06-28-2008 at 10:32 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: can your AMV8 do this? the 448HP Vantage C!!!!