Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston DB9 Sports Pack 6 Speed Track Day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:27 AM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
Aston DB9 Sports Pack 6 Speed Track Day

To keep this part of the board alive I will share my experiences at Pacific Raceway with my DB9 SP 6speed. By no means am I a professional driver or even close. Basically, this thing is very fast around the track. It ate up everything in its way. There were a couple of guys that were in a different run group that were faster and they were in a gt3, f430, and a new gt2. Not too shabby for a gentleman's car.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
I felt the same way at Sebring - I was in the fast group (OK - I am an instructor and been on the track for 20 yrs !) driving my V8V and having a good time. The car is quick and needs the same mods any other fast street car needs for the track. The car did not feel like it would break, be unreliable, nor did it handle like a pig. I have certainly driven faster cars on the track but every one of those was heavily modded. GT3 RSs passed me easily but that was about it ... I think my point is Aston has come a long way in a short period of time and are making very nice cars that can certainly be taken on the track and then driven to work the next day.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Nice! Glad to see there is sports in the sports car. I'm hoping to get behind the wheel of a car like yours soon (test-drive). I'll be trying out a DB9 auto coupe tomorrow to feel the other dynamic aspects of the car, knowing the 6-speed would "liven" it up.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:19 PM
mikemets is on a distinguished road
Oh man, that looks like fun. Good for you. I hope to do that someday too.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:34 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Thank you for showing us its true capabilities, I've been in astons before and I can tell you I absolutely adore the 2-3 third shifts at wot when the exhaust valves open; just epic.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I drove a DB9 today and was impressed by the music at WOT. I wish I was outside and able to hear how good it probably was.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:49 AM
Moogle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Red Devil
I drove a DB9 today and was impressed by the music at WOT. I wish I was outside and able to hear how good it probably was.
It's a shame the convertibles are so compromised eh? Rolling the windows down on a coupe never quite matches the full open air, WOT experience.

A good aftermarket exhaust is the answer

Old 10-09-2008, 01:23 PM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
hmmm,...I guess I would never track this beautiful car.
Just too beautiful and elegant to beat the sh*t out of it

anyway,nice pics and wonderful car!

Old 10-09-2008, 01:26 PM
jim frentress is on a distinguished road
What were the DB9 lap times at Pacific Raceways? What was your top speed at the end of the straight?

Old 10-09-2008, 04:45 PM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by youngbimmer
hmmm,...I guess I would never track this beautiful car.
Just too beautiful and elegant to beat the sh*t out of it

anyway,nice pics and wonderful car!
at the end of the day its still just a car. cars are meant to be driven, not looked at, but thats just my opinion.

Originally Posted by jim frentress
What were the DB9 lap times at Pacific Raceways? What was your top speed at the end of the straight?
i was hitting just shy of 140 mph, but my instructor said it had more in her to push over 140 on the front straight. however, my cajones weren't big enough to test those limits. i am not sure if thats very fast, but it sure felt like it.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:51 PM
jim frentress is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lawin
i was hitting just shy of 140 mph, but my instructor said it had more in her to push over 140 on the front straight. however, my cajones weren't big enough to test those limits. i am not sure if thats very fast, but it sure felt like it.
Yeah, I've been around turn 1 in a DB7 Vantage at around 150. I really don't look at the dash much, and especially approaching turn 1. Top speed isn't that important in terms of lap times at PRW. Let me know the next time you're on track, it'd be fun to have another Aston out there with me. How about hitting the exotics on main at 7am this Saturday?

Old 10-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by jim frentress
Yeah, I've been around turn 1 in a DB7 Vantage at around 150. I really don't look at the dash much, and especially approaching turn 1. Top speed isn't that important in terms of lap times at PRW. Let me know the next time you're on track, it'd be fun to have another Aston out there with me. How about hitting the exotics on main at 7am this Saturday?
cant this weekend. next weekend would work though.